Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Oct 2012 at 3:44 PM
Default Hair Retexture Help
Ok I'm trying to retexture some EA hair but I'm having a problem with the color channels. The hair is white and uncolorable and the main color channel changes the color of the ribbon instead. This is my first time trying to retexture something and I have no previous experience with CC making so I'm kinda having a hard time doing this.
Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 21st Oct 2012 at 4:37 PM
I don't have an answer for you, but people who know about hair-making will probably need to know which tools/programs you've used to make the hair.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Oct 2012 at 4:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by whiterider
I don't have an answer for you, but people who know about hair-making will probably need to know which tools/programs you've used to make the hair.

Well I didn't make the hair myself, it's an EA hairstyle, but I used S3PE to change the textures. ^^
Fus Ro Dah!
retired moderator
#4 Old 22nd Oct 2012 at 2:27 AM
You've probably changed the wrong textures, hairs with accessories have 2 separate sets of textures - one for the hair and one for the accessory. They have different alpha channels, so you gotta be careful when replacing textures and know which is which.

For more Sims 3 stuff by me - visit Ace Creators
My FB Fan page - Elexis's Sims Stuff
My Simblr - ElexisSims
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Oct 2012 at 12:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Elexis
You've probably changed the wrong textures, hairs with accessories have 2 separate sets of textures - one for the hair and one for the accessory. They have different alpha channels, so you gotta be careful when replacing textures and know which is which.

Should I uncheck the Alpha channel before replacing the textures?

I replaced this texture (isn't this the diffuse?)

with this one:

I did the same with the other textures as well, but the ribbon texture and the hair texture show up as one file.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 22nd Oct 2012 at 4:23 PM
What Elexis is trying to tell you is that on one of those textures only the head band will be visible and on the other only the hair, you have to have two images each with different alphas.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 22nd Oct 2012 at 6:10 PM
I did it! Wooo!

Thank you for your help Elexis and omegastarr82.

That's how it looks like now (guess who made the eyebrows):