Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inconceivable!
#126 Old 15th Jul 2012 at 3:50 PM
Hey annoellyn! (Or should I call you Annie?) We are a very welcoming group here, so don't feel shy about posting. Congrats on generation 3! I've been playing this legacy for over a year now, and I've never made it all the way to generation 3 without starting over, so that's quite an accomplishment in my book.

So, uh, I didn't realize how long I had my life span set for. It's at 110 days right now. o_O

Baby- 2
Toddler- 7
Child- 7
Teen- 14
Young Adult- 30
Adult- 30
Elder- 20

I'm considering removing 5 days from elder, as it won't affect much since I don't have an elder yet. I never have enough time to get everything done even on my extended life span, so I doubt I'm going to cut it back. I'm a slow Sim player who likes to keep her families happy at all times. I don't know, the red bars bother me. Anyway, I probably shouldn't have it set so long, but I like long adult stages so I don't feel rushed to get through my story real fast.

I liked Riverblossom Hills a lot, too. Although it probably needs some updating now that we have some more expansion packs out. I also highly recommend Jericho if your system can run it. The detail in the world is incredible, and it is so fun to play in. All the lots are so well thought out. It blows my mind how much time it must have taken to create it. Lucky Palms is beautiful also, if you don't mind the price.
Advertisement
Scholar
Original Poster
#127 Old 15th Jul 2012 at 4:11 PM Last edited by NutsAndDolts : 15th Jul 2012 at 5:13 PM.
You are welcome to post as much as you want, annoellyn. Blogging isn't required. ^.^

I really enjoy my sims' family outings and such, and I guess they'd have more time for that if their lives weren't a rushed grind.

Edit: Chapter 117 is up: http://archlegacy.blogspot.com/2012...-airplanes.html
Field Researcher
#128 Old 15th Jul 2012 at 6:26 PM
I have chapter 1.8 up on my blog: http://diffylegacy.blogspot.com/201...chapter-18.html

As for life spans, mine is about 100 days, I think. Maybe I will set the elder stage to older because my Sims have never met their great-grandchildren, and that would be cool.
Test Subject
#129 Old 15th Jul 2012 at 7:18 PM
Hello!

So after about a month of lurking and privately writing a story, I finally managed to find the courage to post. First and foremost, I just want to tell everyone how much I've been enjoying reading everyone's blogs. Now that I've managed to post on the thread, I guess I'll go and comment on people's blogs too-.

Couple weeks ago I made a blog for my story, but kept it super private and all to myself. I've written up to 8 chapters already, but never felt ready to show it to other people. Now... I guess I am?
I'm currently going over my posts and doing some edits. I have the first two chapters done and publicly posted!
Here is the first chapter of my legacy: Chapter 1.1: A cold wind was blowing from the north

I'll be editing the other chapters too, so hopefully all 8...and perhaps more- will be up later today.

mm, well. Hope you enjoy it!
Scholar
#130 Old 15th Jul 2012 at 7:58 PM
Don't be shy Chorok, none of us will bite! (Well, not since Buckley put the shock collar on me >_>)

Nice to see so many new faces.

Update:

3.14 - Harder than you Thought http://sarisimsrandomlegacy.blogspo...ad2f799167d99e5

Sorry for the long wait between this chapter and the last one. But that cliffhanger was just too much fun to give you guys answers right away.

The Love Legacy A Random Legacy Challenge Blog - Currently in Progress
Scholar
Original Poster
#131 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 2:47 AM
I am enjoying your legacy very much, Chorok!

Chapter 118 is finish, so Chapter 118 is up: http://archlegacy.blogspot.com/2012...s-48-hours.html
Forum Resident
#132 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 3:44 AM
The last time I read the Arch legacy I was at number 79 LOL its a long catch up game this one.

Official Foundation Challange Contestant. R1-R2-R3-R4

BLOGGER A Random Legacy - Vasher
Scholar
Original Poster
#133 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 12:21 PM
Chapter 79 was in March... so I don't feel TOO bad about updating that much... ;D
Inconceivable!
#134 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 1:40 PM
I was going to try and update this morning, but I got distracted by the house I'm building for Danielle.

If anyone wants to give me advice on it, I have a thread open in the CFF. By the way, I didn't realize how lucrative adventuring is. Dani went to China on one 6 day trip and came back with over $25K, minus the cost of supplies and airfare. I was shocked, to say the least. It feels like cheating, but I'm only doing the adventure opportunities and selling the relics she finds (and not even all of them!). I probably shouldn't have gotten her the "opportunist" LTR, but I didn't think it would give her that much of an advantage. Well, I should be able to afford that house soon anyway.

I have two questions about the challenge while I'm posting:

1) Is it cheating to have the additional traits for babies mod installed? I forgot that I downloaded it a while ago, but now that my family is starting to have kids I am not sure if it's allowed.

2) Can we use twallan's traveler mod to lift the traveling restrictions? I ask because normally Danielle wouldn't be able to travel while pregnant or with a toddler, but it would be useful for her to be able to work and pop out the kids. Either way is fine, I just don't want to get in trouble.
Instructor
#135 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 1:52 PM
Very jealous of your house building skills...
Field Researcher
#136 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 2:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Buckley
2) Can we use twallan's traveler mod to lift the traveling restrictions? I ask because normally Danielle wouldn't be able to travel while pregnant or with a toddler, but it would be useful for her to be able to work and pop out the kids. Either way is fine, I just don't want to get in trouble.

That is a gorgeous house!

I've been using the traveler mod, although the only "extra" I've really used it for (as opposed to making travelling less buggy) was to take a horse with my sim

My name is Ali
My random legacy can be found here
Scholar
Original Poster
#137 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 3:03 PM
Wowww. The house looks awesome.

Some careers are just more money-maker than others. It can be frustrating to continually roll comparatively pathetic careers, when you know you COULD have rolled adventurer, artist, collector, etc. Collector is extremely lucrative. Lol. No one ever said the challenge was totally fair.

The traveling-pregnant mod is fine, since many of us use mods to destroy maternity leave. I should add that to the official rules I guess.

Uhm... we never made a ruling on the extra traits mod. I considered using it myself, after so many generations of having the same limited traits to pick from.

What do the rest of you think?
Scholar
Original Poster
#138 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 3:13 PM
And... gonna double-post this one.

I know some of us have never gotten past generation three ;D... but my generation 19 just turned teenager, and I'm getting BORED of the family structure rolls.

I'm proposing we add some new ones. Maybe "single parent plus double help" (three non-romantic adults) and "couple plus friend" (the heir and spouse, plus a friend on the couch, hurr, or potentially the heir plus two friends who happen to be a couple) for 3 adults in the house instead of just 2. Kind of like the single parent with help roll we added way back when, to spice things up. Thoughts?

I am also thinking about 4 adults ones, with perhaps no restrictions on their relationships, but I know that'd be a pain if you happened to roll 5 kids.... (we could, of course, just allow you to re-roll either family structure or # of children in such a case... like I said I'm still thinking about this).
Inconceivable!
#139 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 3:22 PM
That's why I got it. I was tired of having good, friendly, and genius children. It's nice to be able to mix it up with more traits from birth, and I personally don't think it makes the challenge that much easier. It's not like someone with the mod has a huge advantage over someone without the mod. It just gives more variety to the game.

...And no, I'm not biased at all by the fact that I really WANT it to be allowed. Not at all.

Oh, Becky! Those sound like SO. MUCH. FUN! Seriously, that's a brilliant idea to spice up the rolls a bit! I don't know about the four adult one though. It seems like it could get hectic managing four adult careers plus the grandparents plus the children, not to mention the eight Sim limit in an un-modded game.

I'm going to try and think of some more family structures, too. (Although I'm not sure I'm going to come up with anything!)

Edit: About the four adult household- You did that with Donoph and Stella, right? It could work if we limit the kid rolls to a maximum of four. So that way it stays under the eight person limit, and if you have an un-modded game you can just kick out the grandparents. Besides, I don't think ANY of us play without mods, so it's probably a moot point anyway. Now that I think about it I like the idea of a four adult household, with a maximum of four kids. We could have one version with two couples and one version with a couple and two singles and one version with four singles. Sounds like fun to me!

However, if we do add a four adult household I think we should make it so the chances of rolling for it are smaller than rolling for a traditional couple or single parent or a three adult household or whatever. Four adult households are pretty rare and might be hard to explain if someone got three in a row or something.

Edit 2: I hope I'm making sense. I'm just excited about changing it up a little!
Scholar
Original Poster
#140 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 3:46 PM
Yes... I totally cheated with Donny and Stella, because I couldn't pick an heir. v.v I justified it to myself by them not making much money (Stella's career was thwarted by glitches, Mildred was a housewife, and I wasted a joker to make Piroj a gardener, which is not a lucrative career). But... yeah. Totally cheatin'. v.v

They only had two children between them, so even if the previous generation had lived basically forever, it would have been fine. I would have had eight sims. And in this specific case, the previous generation, Cliff and Vinca, died off really quick anyway, so if there had been more than two kids required I would not have had to wait very long to get started on them.

We'll try to balance the rolls accordingly, of course, so it would be statistically unlikely to roll that one very much. :D
Scholar
Original Poster
#141 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 4:29 PM
I edited the blog to add the restriction on the Inheritance reward we talked about, added the allowance for the extra traits mod, and to restrict what we talked about for genies.

Discussion is still open for them however. Here's what I wrote:

Quote:
13. Concerning genies: a genie may be obtained in any way EXCEPT with the Dusty Old Lamp reward. You may NOT wish for long life or fortune. If you free the genie, it must leave your household within a day or two, unless it's kept as the spouse, or something equivalent.

I felt it needed to be said since we said stuff about every other extra life state. I can't even imagine the tweaking we're going to have to deal with when Supernatural comes out.

...Uh, did we at some point throw out the restriction on consuming Ambrosia and life fruit? I know I asked about why death flower wasn't there, and we all had a good laugh about it in general since at the time everyone had vampire sims, but now I can't find it in the rules at all. *looks for someone with a better memory*
Alchemist
#142 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 4:33 PM
I know, I'm not even in this episode since I don't play legacies anymore, but I LOVE the idea of new family structure rolls to include multiple adults.
I also think it's fine to have the more baby traits mod, too.
Inconceivable!
#143 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 4:57 PM
Melissa! I don't know why, but every time I see that you've posted here I get really excited. Your vote still carries weight in my book. You know this challenge better than anybody really, so it's nice to hear your opinion on these issues.

/my two cents

@Becky- It wasn't really cheating. I mean, just a little. But you know. Story > Rules or whatever, and honestly I would have cried if you'd kicked Donny out. I know I say this all. the. time. but he was one of my very favorites. So sad that he died as soon as he did.
Scholar
#144 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 5:21 PM
Whenever we talk about cheating I just think of Donoph and Stella and it makes me feel better. : P (Becky, I love you. Please don't hurt me)

At first I sort of disliked the idea of 3 or 4 sim family structures but the more I think about it the more story ideas I get so I say we go for it. However the 4 sim rolls should be veeeerry hard to get.

Scholar
Original Poster
#145 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 5:27 PM
The only thing that makes me sad about that generation was how the glitches messed up the architect career, meaning I couldn't go through with the development I had planned for Stella. So instead Donoph got all the attention, and she got to have a mental breakdown. xD

I really had fun playing all four of those adults.

...Anyone know where I can find some decent teen jeans for the guys besides the store? Srsly. Pain. Harcourt looks stupid in everything.

It's one of those days.

One of those days where all downloads are for anorexic anime boys.

Edit: also having trouble finding that traits unlocked for babies mod.

/ragequit
Alchemist
#146 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 5:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NutsAndDolts
...Uh, did we at some point throw out the restriction on consuming Ambrosia and life fruit? I know I asked about why death flower wasn't there, and we all had a good laugh about it in general since at the time everyone had vampire sims, but now I can't find it in the rules at all. *looks for someone with a better memory*

Yes, we did throw them out. Because, vampires.
Scholar
#147 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 5:38 PM
I'm starting to think vampires are the answer for everything.

(Huggles Junielle, Teddy, Marie and all the others) MINE!

It's so hard to find decent pants for boys, Becky. The ones Rio is wearing are my favs but they're from the store. I use them on almost every single male.

Scholar
Original Poster
#148 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 6:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by calisims
Yes, we did throw them out. Because, vampires.

That makes sense.

I just, forgot.

I hope Supernatural adds more drawbacks to vampires. xD

Is their super-skilling even fixed yet? I haven't had one in forever.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#149 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 6:42 PM
Yes, I don't know about this baby mod either. I do get tired of having virtuoso and genius babies. Some of those traits make perfect sense for the little ones that they can't roll. For random traits (since I've only done regular legacy rule births so far) I have NEVER had an evil or klepto sim. I tend to always roll very similar traits using random. Which shouldn't be the case. Another reason I am looking forward to RL...I can pick my own traits except if I roll random. Yay!

Also, jeans for guys: my favorite are the ones that came with, I think, Generations. Or maybe Late Night. I typically use them on all my guy sims. They're the ones that you can change the color of the jeans and then also the "wash" that's up in the thigh area. I have no idea what that's called. I think for adults, the first default color is that dark blue with the yellowish wash.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Inconceivable!
#150 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 6:57 PM
The mod is at this forum. It's by twoftmama, but you have to register to have access to the goodies. Last I checked, I have about 72 mods from her/him. They're just all so useful!

The jeans you are talking about, heaven, are from Late Night. They are my favorite, too.
Page 6 of 676