Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Increased Texture Detail & Shine - TS3 Skin Replacements

by HystericalParoxysm Posted 5th Jun 2009 at 7:21 PM - Updated 16th Jun 2009 at 12:20 PM by HystericalParoxysm : Clarifying some points.

701 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 653 Feedback Posts, 47 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 29
Field Researcher
#26 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 8:53 PM
All my setting are on high exept num of detailed lots and distance draw. This effect appears if I use both detailed faces and skines with nipples.
Here are some pictures:
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c...reenShot083.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c...reenShot084.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c...reenShot085.jpg
As you can see body is colder and greenish and face is warmer and pinkish.

I have NO shine. Only faces and bodies.
Test Subject
#27 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 8:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
As I said, they may look kinda weird in CAS. In lower graphics settings, I suppose they might look green (I don't know, I play things on all high) but tbh, what counts is in-game. I have tested rolling and changing sex and that works fine for me...

Unfortunately, it's also outside of CAS. And only the female skin.

Same download options: Shine, Faces, Body (nipplesonly). I have every graphic setting on high or very high.

Screenshot
Forum Resident
#28 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 8:53 PM
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#29 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 8:56 PM
Hrm. I have -no- idea why it would do that. It definitely doesn't look that way in my game (as you can see from the pics).

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Scholar
#30 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 9:02 PM
I haven't played that much of Sims3, but don't you need a de-dithering hack to actually see the nude features - I can't believe that EA left dithering out.

Imagine a world without hypothetical situations
retired moderator
Original Poster
#31 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 9:07 PM
mac - Yes, you do need a hack to see that stuff. I assume if you want to see those bits and pieces, you know where to find one. The body detailing that is not covered by underwear/bathingsuit shows up at all times though.

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Test Subject
#32 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 9:10 PM
thanks for this
Test Subject
#33 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 9:11 PM
I have the same problem as blackcat007, I checked in the game as well. Maybe remove the face?
Field Researcher
#34 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 9:12 PM
With only body files everything is fine, but with both body and faces it glitches.
Test Subject
#35 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 9:12 PM
The problem persists even with nothing installed but the body. This happens with either of the versions (nipples or barbie). So it's not a combination of mods that's causing this.
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 9:19 PM
This is so amazing!!! Thank you so much for all you do for the Sims community!
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 9:23 PM
I am in love (and feel so much awe). Modders like you are the only reason I play the sims! Thanks so much. They look great and I think they are a huge improvement to what we have in-game. you have made my day.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#38 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 9:27 PM
Can those of you having problems please post your full system specs?

http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...lp:System_Specs

I suspect this is maybe due to particular hardware - it goes green for Delphy in his quick test, but I can't reproduce it at all. Which makes it kinda hard to fix since I can't even see it myself.

Instructor
#39 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 9:28 PM
Wow, you're truly amazing! It makes such a difference.
Instructor
#40 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 9:40 PM
Hmmm.. for me I see no difference at all with these files. And yes, I,ve installed right, following the instructions...
I've tried many combinations and also just only one file - only nipples - nothing!
Hmmm----

Lisen
Field Researcher
#41 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 9:43 PM
==System==
Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4000+, MMX, 3DNow (2 CPUs), ~2.1GHz
Memory: 2048MB RAM
Page File: 1745MB used, 11392MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

==Display==
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce 8600 GT
Display Memory: 256.0 MB
Driver Name: nv4_disp.dll
Driver Version: 6.14.0011.8208 (English)

==Sound==
Name: SB Live! Audio [9000]

After removing faces effect is only on females, before I had it on males also. It also appears only on bodies, faces are normal.
Test Subject
#42 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 9:45 PM
didnt work for me,i follow your intruction,and download"MoreDetailedBodies-Female-NipplesOnly.rar"my sims end up with a grey skin and her face look normal,post your mod at sexysims2,im tied of those censorship.
Test Subject
#43 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 9:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
Can those of you having problems please post your full system specs?

I'm also having problems. Did you need a full run, or just this? I have both, even though my full specs won't let me narrow it down to what's actually useful. My computer keeps telling me it doesn't like Everest.

I'm having mixed trouble; Definitely seeing the green-bodies problem, but I'm not sure if my faces are working.

Sorry for the trouble, hopefully having more feedback will make the problem easier to find. Thanks for the help and good luck;

==System==

Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600)
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3400+, 3DNow, ~2.2GHz
Memory: 958 MB Ram
Page File: 477MB Used, 1835MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
Dell Model Number: I have an emachines? :D
==Display==

Name: NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip Type: GeForce 7600 GS
Approx. Total Memory: 256.0 MB
Main Driver: n4_disp.dll
Version: 6.14.0010.9147
==Sound==

Name: C-Media USB Headphone Set
retired moderator
Original Poster
#44 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 9:50 PM
Hrm, I managed to reproduce it now - I don't know how, I was using the same files as before. Further testing is happening - thank you for the reports. I will let you know how it goes - very hard to do with a wriggling infant on my lap, but so it goes.

Test Subject
#45 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 9:52 PM
Thanks!!
Test Subject
#46 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 9:53 PM
Thanks for all your effort to fix this for us.

I have the same problem but on a mac with max settings. So pc isn't the only one affected if that helps at all.

And I only have it on my female sims. I don't know if this is the same as others.

^^I have tried it with all combinations of files and I have never had it on male sims :S

++ I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad++
+++ The dreams in which im dying are the best I've ever had +++
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 9:53 PM
Thank you so very much. I am so happy to see these!
Test Subject
#48 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 10:00 PM
so how should I put the resource thing to make this work? =o
Test Subject
#49 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 10:02 PM
Thank you very much. Very usefull... it's indeed a great improvement. I've never understand why ea makes so awful skins. Thaks for sharing this!
Test Subject
#50 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 10:11 PM
I found the original file in the disk! thank u so much!, ill try to see if the things works, =D.! im very pleased x33
Page 2 of 29