Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Increased Texture Detail & Shine - TS3 Skin Replacements

by HystericalParoxysm Posted 5th Jun 2009 at 7:21 PM - Updated 16th Jun 2009 at 12:20 PM by HystericalParoxysm : Clarifying some points.

701 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 653 Feedback Posts, 47 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 25 of 29
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#601 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 9:05 PM
The shine defaults and the bodies are working fine - I've tested them in my own game. I haven't tested the faces, but I'm using other default faces that should be pretty much the same as far as working-ness, and no problems. The new sliders work fine, the skins look fine, all is well.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#602 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 3:51 AM
"Versions with pubic hair are available on the adult site."

I googled and googled.. what "adult site"? How does one get there?
Test Subject
#603 Old 5th Nov 2010 at 2:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jbak
"Versions with pubic hair are available on the adult site."

I googled and googled.. what "adult site"? How does one get there?

http://sexysims2.com/showthread.php...5#startcomments
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#604 Old 14th Nov 2010 at 7:28 PM
this is beautiful! Very good job!
Test Subject
#605 Old 1st Dec 2010 at 5:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
The shine defaults and the bodies are working fine - I've tested them in my own game. I haven't tested the faces, but I'm using other default faces that should be pretty much the same as far as working-ness, and no problems. The new sliders work fine, the skins look fine, all is well.

I"ve noticed that occasionally the muscle definition doesn't show when tinkering with the sliders. It seems really random and these are the only default skintones I use as they're the best. I do have several selections of non defaults but they're FX skins, like for the simbot.

Is this just something with the game, or am I hallucinating?
retired moderator
Original Poster
#606 Old 1st Dec 2010 at 5:19 PM
coldheartzero - Something wrong on your end, I think. Defaults work fine with the muscle sliders with no needed updates. I'm using them myself and they're fine.

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Test Subject
#607 Old 6th Dec 2010 at 9:53 AM
More information, I've been able to duplicate the muscle definition issue so that it's not random anymore.

So I make a new sim, crank the defintion all the way up, swap over the clothes to make a new outfit and the definition vanishes every time. I can swap back and sometimes the definition will work again, most times not.

HOWEVER!!

With the latest patch, it works every time. No more wonkiness.

Thanks for your time and efforts, it's appreciated.
Test Subject
#608 Old 30th Dec 2010 at 6:33 PM
hey I have the no mosaic mod and it works perfectly but when i use this mod it does not work. I am not sure if it is because i am extracting it wrong or if i am putting it in the wrong place. If you could help me it would be very appreciated i am new to this.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#609 Old 4th Jan 2011 at 9:35 AM
uhh where do i find them in the clothing thing :/ how do i put them on
retired moderator
Original Poster
#610 Old 4th Jan 2011 at 9:45 AM
SirRyanSecrest - Goes in Mods\Packages just like any .package file, delete your cache files (world caches too if you're not on a Mac) and it should work fine.

adamiszyn - They're not in clothing, and you don't have to put them on. Make sure you've installed them properly and deleted cache files, and they'll just appear automatically on all your sims.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#611 Old 4th Jan 2011 at 10:13 AM Last edited by adamiszyn : 4th Jan 2011 at 10:16 AM. Reason: screwed what i wrote
oh :/ i put them with the other millions of mods i got lol and i did delete the cache files didnt see any differance i forgot world caches let me retry and ty for ur help fast reply lol
Test Subject
#612 Old 4th Jan 2011 at 10:23 AM
Default i always forget 1 thing...
didnt seem to change anything -- should i delete like everything on my documents folder accept for the sim town and sim saves?
retired moderator
Original Poster
#613 Old 4th Jan 2011 at 10:31 AM
?? No, don't do that. Just delete the files with "cache" in the name, and the contents of the WorldCaches folder (only if you're on a PC).

Test Subject
#614 Old 4th Jan 2011 at 10:30 AM
where is the "WorldCaches" folder i thought u meant all the other caches i had at first
retired moderator
Original Poster
#615 Old 4th Jan 2011 at 10:36 AM
It's under My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\ - I mean all the cache files in that folder, as well as the contents of the WorldCaches folder under it.

Test Subject
#616 Old 4th Jan 2011 at 10:36 AM
i dont have that folder, i got patch 1.18.9.009001 do i need a better one to have that folder? or is it a differnt sims version i am using "The Sims 3"
retired moderator
Original Poster
#617 Old 4th Jan 2011 at 10:48 AM
You definitely have that folder. You're probably just looking in the wrong place. Make sure you're looking under My Documents, NOT Program Files. You'll see folders like "DCBackup" and "InstalledWorlds" and "Saves" and "Screenshots" and "SigCache" in there - not "Game" or "GameData"

Test Subject
#618 Old 4th Jan 2011 at 10:49 AM Last edited by adamiszyn : 4th Jan 2011 at 10:50 AM. Reason: lol its late i screwed spelling
in the documents folder of sims i have currentgame.sims3, custom music, dccache, downloads, exports, igacache, installed worlds(empty folder), mods, recorded videos, savedsims, saves, screenshots, sigscache, thumbnails, caspartcache.package, compositorcache.packeage, deviceconfig(textfile that idk what it does), options(another), scriptcache.package, simcompositorcache.package, sims3launcherlogfile, sims3logs, tslus.bin and version.

idk why it isnt there i downloaded version 1.15 off of internet then 1.18 popped up on launcher afterwards although with the download it makes it needed my mods in the documents folder to work :/
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#619 Old 4th Jan 2011 at 11:59 AM
World Caches folder will only generate if you are playing Riverview, a vacation world, Barnacle Bay or a custom world.
Test Subject
#620 Old 4th Jan 2011 at 1:51 PM
so what do i do if i dont have a custom world
retired moderator
Original Poster
#621 Old 4th Jan 2011 at 2:00 PM
Then once you've deleted the other cache files, it should be working fine. It may not be -super- obvious as the changes are not drastic ones.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#622 Old 4th Jan 2011 at 8:58 PM
Do i delete the DCCache files and SigsCache files, they dont have cache in the name but the folder name says its cache :/ if not then idk cause i always delete all the caches before new mod, might just be my comp or something screwed
retired moderator
Original Poster
#623 Old 4th Jan 2011 at 9:18 PM
No, don't delete any folders, just the four files with the word "cache" in the name. If you've done all that, and installed the files right, it should be working for you, and I have no idea why it wouldn't be.

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#624 Old 25th Jan 2011 at 2:34 AM
I used skininator and made all packages into one and that made it work for me. I have windows 7 and 64 bit. Deleted the caches. Before doing this i could only get the shine to show up on adult females. Thanks for this great skin!!! :D
Test Subject
#625 Old 4th Feb 2011 at 7:22 AM
body is good but the face is just as bad as the maxis
Page 25 of 29