Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Increased Texture Detail & Shine - TS3 Skin Replacements

by HystericalParoxysm Posted 5th Jun 2009 at 7:21 PM - Updated 16th Jun 2009 at 12:20 PM by HystericalParoxysm : Clarifying some points.

701 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 653 Feedback Posts, 47 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 27 of 29
Test Subject
#651 Old 14th Jun 2012 at 3:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by smurff89
where are the skins/nipples located on the game? I'm new to this (using mods) and cant seem to find them.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#652 Old 13th Jul 2012 at 8:56 PM
Thank you for these HP!I'd poke you with a stick but, here's a cookie instead! ^_^
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#653 Old 4th Aug 2012 at 8:26 PM
This is still my favorite skin. Thank you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#654 Old 7th Aug 2012 at 7:40 AM
Thanks Hysterical Paroxysm, these skins are beautiful! :lovestruc
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#655 Old 13th Aug 2012 at 7:33 AM
Do you have any plans to update this for the new skins coming with Supernatural?
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#656 Old 13th Aug 2012 at 7:39 AM
I'll have to see what changes are made in Supernatural first. It's possible these won't need any updating, if the stuff in Supernatural is done as overlays.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#657 Old 5th Sep 2012 at 12:36 AM
So no changes for Supernatural?
Test Subject
#658 Old 10th Sep 2012 at 10:29 AM
Could anyone let me know if this just affects the sims you have created, or everyone? Thank you.
Field Researcher
#659 Old 10th Sep 2012 at 1:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
I'll have to see what changes are made in Supernatural first. It's possible these won't need any updating, if the stuff in Supernatural is done as overlays.

Hi there i have been enjoying your awesome skins without needing to update till now. So i came here to check if there's any updates. They still seem to work fine, but *some of my sims, especially supernatural ones (fairies, wtiches etc) started to appear with a totally random, mostly natural skintone and not with their actual skin color. i.e. I have a female witch with a black&gray skin color in CAS and on her small avatar on the in game control panel, but my sim is walking around with an annoying pinkish natural skin color. She was fine till yesterday. I think this might be something about the new magical mirror's magical make over function or may be not idk. Anyways there is something wrong. No matter what i tried& did I couldn't fix her back.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#660 Old 10th Sep 2012 at 1:52 PM
I haven't gotten Supernatural yet - when I do, I'll see if this needs updating.

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#661 Old 10th Sep 2012 at 2:08 PM
Ohh please ignore the problem i just posted about. It is my dumbness. We have new moodlets, i just realized my sim has the "feeling red" moodlet so that caused her skin to appear pinkish. LOL when i removed the moodlet using testingcheats her skin color turned back to normal. Sorry for false alarm lol
Test Subject
#662 Old 29th Sep 2012 at 3:55 AM
Actually the sim's skin doesn't change. They still keep the nipple and skin, it seems to be working all right. I've tested the werewolf and zombie and both retain the skins.(Well the "fur" on wolves seems blocky even at high textures, but it may be the engine's rendering of it.) Will check if the witches and fairies are effected, also thanks for this skin mod HystericalParoxysm!
Lab Assistant
#663 Old 1st Dec 2012 at 3:16 AM
i haven't tried this skin yet, but do some of the pics (especially the up-close face pics) have noise in them? just curious if that is just noise or how the skin actually looks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#664 Old 5th Dec 2012 at 12:59 AM
Someone needs to call EA and hire people like you in the modding community. Then you can get paid to make EA Sims games better! YEAH BUDDY
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#665 Old 17th Jan 2013 at 10:40 PM
What a convoluted mess.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#666 Old 23rd Feb 2013 at 10:13 PM
This is amazing! I love it so much! But I have one question though. If I download the nipples only pack for female sims does it only change the nipples? Or do I get the same skin like I do in the fully barbie version? Because the fully barbie is without nipples right? Thank you so much again!
Test Subject
#667 Old 17th Mar 2013 at 12:42 AM
I have a question. Do I need to install both Light and Dark version or just one of them? And what do they both do? Thanks.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#668 Old 19th Mar 2013 at 9:21 PM
Yeah, what is the difference? I put them both in and they are fine, but what is the difference? Is one for black people?

Anyway, I like, nice subtle difference from the maxis skins, without looking blatantly different. Some over-detailed skins just don't look right sometimes.
Test Subject
#669 Old 27th Mar 2013 at 7:47 PM
Yes, there's 2 different base skins, one for light and one for dark skinned sims. I'm guessing that approach has something to do with preventing contrast problems.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#670 Old 30th Jun 2013 at 7:45 AM
Mine isn't working
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#671 Old 9th Jul 2013 at 5:24 AM
So it's not compatible w/ 1.55 patch ??
retired moderator
Original Poster
#672 Old 9th Jul 2013 at 8:11 AM
As it is merely a texture replacement, it's still working fine. I use the body textures and shine myself.

Test Subject
#673 Old 10th Jul 2013 at 6:43 AM
I may be missing it, but I've read the instructions over a few times and about 8 of the comment pages and didn't see it, but what is the difference between the face files? I know you're only supposed to have one body file at a time for each gender, is it the same for faces? If so, what is the differences between AM, YM, and EM faces?

I apologize if this has been covered and I just missed it.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#674 Old 10th Jul 2013 at 8:37 AM
These were done way back in the eearrrrrlly days of TS3 modding, before there was any S3PE and whatnot. So putting everything together in one file was difficult. Basically, you can choose which ones you want to use - if you want only the male faces replaced and you want female faces from another set (and they offer those separately) then just get all the ones with M in the name. Or get 'em all, if you want all the faces replaced. AM = adult male, YM = young adult male, EM = elder male. Personally, I don't like the faces on these much anymore and use other ones by other creators, but with these bodies.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#675 Old 10th Jul 2013 at 9:01 AM
Oohh, I see. Alright, thank you very much! Not sure how it didn't register to me that they were adult, young, and elder.
Page 27 of 29