Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Increased Texture Detail & Shine - TS3 Skin Replacements

by HystericalParoxysm Posted 5th Jun 2009 at 7:21 PM - Updated 16th Jun 2009 at 12:20 PM by HystericalParoxysm : Clarifying some points.

701 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 653 Feedback Posts, 47 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 29
Field Researcher
#51 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 10:15 PM
I can confirm that I am having the same problem. Only on female, greenish body tinge using both faces and the nipple sets. No shine. Max settings.
My system specs are well above mins and since you are finally seeing the problem as well I am guessing actual specs are probably not necessary. Heck my input probably isn't either but I figured all the reports you could get might be useful.
Test Subject
#52 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 10:18 PM Last edited by Shaitan051 : 5th Jun 2009 at 10:42 PM.
It's awsome that you did this but how did you make those perfect pics? I'm at the "very high" setting yet the head and body still don't match (tried just "high" too since you said that what you were on). The face is darker.

Edit: It's exactly what she said^
Test Subject
#53 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 10:20 PM
Can you possibly give a detailed install guide for Vista. I've installed using the standard guide and I can't get the content to work. I have a feeling this is because of the Resource.Cfg telling the game to look in program files for content when Vista labels the folder as Program Files x86.
Test Subject
#54 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 10:20 PM
You rock! I can't believe how fast these custom content files are being made!! I can't wait to get the game and use these skins.
Test Subject
#55 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 10:26 PM
Works like a charm... huge thanks
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#56 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 10:26 PM
I should -hopefullly- have a fixed version for ya'll with the green issues coming in about half an hour after I do a couple more tests. Looks like it was probably just corrupted files.

Shaitan - Probably due to the greenishness. I have everything up on ridiculously high, at 1680x1024. I love my PC.

lootable - If you look at the "it didn't work" link there's discussion there. I don't know from Vista - XP PRIEEEED!

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#57 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 10:29 PM
Thank you! I dream of a day when different body hair and tats can be placed on different Sims, but this is a hell of a start!

Works great for me too (I only installed the hairy male and nipple female)
Test Subject
#58 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 10:32 PM
I wanna make sure if I wish to have shine and detailed faces and non-barbie bodies for both sexes I can install all of them?
retired moderator
Original Poster
#59 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 10:32 PM
For those having the green females problem...

Can you please redownload? I have uploaded new versions of both the nipples and barbie skins for females and they seem okay to me (and the independent tester I got to check) but I am eager to have this fixed. Testers of the new versions would be greatly appreciated.

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
retired moderator
Original Poster
#60 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 10:33 PM
Sister of Ailias - Yes, you can install all of them. It's sort of a pick-and-mix thing.

Lab Assistant
#61 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 10:37 PM
Thanks HP :D!!!

Btw, is there a way you can make 3D bodyshape defaults for TS3?, like the ones exenem(sp?) did with ts2, although those may belong to SexySims :p
retired moderator
Original Poster
#62 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 10:40 PM
jrcaporal - Uh, eventually, maybe. Not yet.

Test Subject
#63 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 10:43 PM
Sorry HP, but I'm not seeing any difference.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#64 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 10:44 PM
Shaitan051 - Can you try JUST the female body files, taking everything else out? And make sure to look in CAS - sims on a lot won't update without being hit about the head repeatedly with Plan Outfit.

Test Subject
#65 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 10:54 PM
They all work fine for me. I created a new sim and testing all the skintones on male and female look perfect. I downloaded before you put up the fixed files so I don't know. Thank you so much for this, though, The differences are subtle but needed at the same time.
Test Subject
#66 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 10:54 PM Last edited by pkstar : 5th Jun 2009 at 10:57 PM. Reason: (Added which female skin I tested.)
Re-Tested: The problem has been fixed for me now. Thank you for all your hard work. Everything looks great!

(For the record - I am using both male and female face replacements, and body replacements, no shine. Specifically, female non-barbie was tested. This combination seems to work.)

Also, something I did once that might be messing people up:

Be sure that if you are place package files in their designated folder that you do not place them within a SUB folder. (IE, place them in 'mods' not 'mods/bodymod' or something like that.) While this seemed to work for me in the Sims2, it is not so far in Sims3. I hope that helps some people who are having errors.
Test Subject
#67 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 11:01 PM
can someone help me to install this? U.u I just can´t I even tried the dummy steps! TT.TT
Test Subject
#68 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 11:03 PM
my, my, HP! You honestly have my eternal gratitude. the game nearly just came out, and you already have mods out that multiply the "Fun" factor of the game. congratulations and thank you on what you already have out, and good luck working on future releases!
Test Subject
#69 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 11:05 PM
The new files work perfectly, thanks again for pure awesomeness!
Test Subject
#70 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 11:11 PM
Retested with new family. It works Yay.
I'm not going to have to Repeatedly Plan Outfit or replace the entire populace of town am I?
retired moderator
Original Poster
#71 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 11:11 PM
Reuploaded the nipples only version - Karybdis said I had the wrong DDS files in. Quite possible considering I am the very picture of an Absent-Minded sim. These should be fixed for sure. If not, then LETS ALL DISCO DANCE.

Shaitan051 - If they still have the old skins, then yes. Alternatley, start a new town. I have someone testing how to uncache textures but no luck yet.

Test Subject
#72 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 11:11 PM
Everything working fine with the new archives. :D
Very nice HP. Thanks!
Test Subject
#73 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 11:16 PM
Thank you so much for the work you and other modders are doing to improve our games. No more creepy plastic people! Keep up the great work.
Test Subject
#74 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 11:18 PM
In my game, my female sim shows up with a green body and the face is normal...I don't know what I'm doing wrong...I download only one file: Moredetailedbodies-Female, and I cannot see the difference...

Please help me..., maybe, I did something wrong...:S
Test Subject
#75 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 11:19 PM
Wow that is soooooooooo much better! And so quickly! Thanks!!
Page 3 of 29