Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Increased Texture Detail & Shine - TS3 Skin Replacements

by HystericalParoxysm Posted 5th Jun 2009 at 7:21 PM - Updated 16th Jun 2009 at 12:20 PM by HystericalParoxysm : Clarifying some points.

701 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 653 Feedback Posts, 47 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 29
Test Subject
#126 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 4:27 AM
hmm it doesnt work. i made a file call mods and in it packages and downloaded the mods and extracted it to the file packages i don't know what im doing wrong. Maybe i put it in a incorrect place? please help~
Test Subject
#127 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 4:28 AM
[QUOTE=HystericalParoxysm]Yes, you do need a hack to see that stuff. I assume if you want to see those bits and pieces, you know where to find one.QUOTE]

for those of us that cant find it, could you point us in the right direction? I really like the adjustments youve made, I appreciate it very much
Test Subject
#128 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 4:40 AM
Works great, thanks! Thought I saw a reference to an adult version coming later? Is there an adult MTS site or area (other than sexysims2)?
Instructor
#129 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 4:47 AM
OK this was the deciding factor - I want my Sims to have realistic skin and bodies... So I finally went and bought TS3 and installed it, and these defaults are definitely needed! Thanks again, HP - you can come over and eat my pasta any time!

goderguy
Test Subject
#130 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 5:19 AM
Amazing! Dear god you are a genius!!! Thank you...I hated the skins so much, this makes the game ten times more enjoyable.
Test Subject
#131 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 5:29 AM
Awesome. You're amazing.. and so fast!
Test Subject
#132 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 5:57 AM
Thank you. These will help.
Scholar
#133 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 6:32 AM
HP, I'm amazed! And glad to know TS3 can be modded in this way, after all. I'm not downloading this incredible skintone right now because I want to see how well the game holds up un-modded in Vista. I already got one crash when I downloaded a Sim from the Exchange and she would crash my game until I deleted her. I can't imagine what was wrong with her but not the other ones I downloaded.

I didn't realize the game had been cracked open already, let alone have a beautiful new skin set made for it. You all are just so awesome, incredible and darned hard working.
Test Subject
#134 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 6:33 AM
Oh, thank God. My main bone to pick with this game was how ugly the skins are! I'll probably go buy it now.
Test Subject
#135 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 6:35 AM
Thanks so much....I was really hoping that someone would come up with some skintones that were not as ugly as the ones that EA wants us to play with. Thanks again, you rock!
Test Subject
#136 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 6:43 AM
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

YESSSS. Thank you, thank you, thank you! Oh, holy jeebus. The EA default skins are just... horrific!
Lab Assistant
#137 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 6:52 AM
These are wonderful! I had to crack a smile at the butt dimples (pun intended). Thanks!
Instructor
#138 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 6:57 AM
I download and try in the game. The quality is bad, it's like exported/imported by TS2 bodyshop. I don't know if TS3 tools also use "lowering quality" when export/import. My sims skin look like he get a skin disease.

I can see male hair body in CAS but not in game world, I don't know why. And I don't have problem with female nipples. I use very high quality on texture and sims.

Thanks for your improved skintone. I hope the quality can be improved. Don't forget to release the adult only version too. ;D
Test Subject
#139 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 7:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by vosszaa
I set everything correctly but it still doesnt work... meh

I download Skin shine, female full face, and female full body.(I dont use male at all)

I do have Resource.cfg in Sims 3 root, place all packages in /Mods/Packages/

Im using Vista 64Bit

I'm 500% sure that this packages dont work for me because i use "Unlock Hidden Traits" package and it works like a charm which require the same principle.

but i cant get this mod to work... >_<

any help?

Note: Even i start of with CAF and play, it still doesnt work

Its good u know.. if HP cares about us who have a problem. We really need your help.
Instructor
#140 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 7:30 AM
I'm sorry, my mistake. It look very well in white skintone. But not the black one. It seems the EA original skintone has the same problem too.
Field Researcher
#141 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 7:31 AM
Thanks so much now i really want to go out and buy the game right now
Test Subject
#142 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 8:09 AM
Thanks a lot Your Awesomeness!

I finally bought the game yesterday, collector's edition, because I was quite tired from a long trip and was wondering if i had to wait weeks until good mods come up. But I decided to give it a try...

You can't imagine how you made my day when I saw you posted those skins just after I installed the game. I'm already hooked. All works fine under Vista 32, everything maxed out in Widescreen 1650 x 1080.

On another hand, you just gave a huge impulse in motivating the troops, modders and users.
Test Subject
#143 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 8:12 AM
HP can you rock anymore?! Seriously. Are you some type of genius? If so can you share your genius juice? Wait, that sounded wierd. Nevermind. :p
Test Subject
#144 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 8:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TheMetalLord
Any possibility to get them showing up without making a new character?

Like i posted before
»»»»»»»»

I also found a way to update all your skins whitout starting a new game.
Go to "My Documents" open the folder "Electronic Arts" next the folder "The Sims 3"
and delete the file "simCompositorCache.package" next time you start your game the file will be made again. (this time with the new skintones).

If you dont trust it, simply make a backup of the file.

»»»»»»»»
Test Subject
#145 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 8:25 AM
Okay. I know I thanked u, and I'm not renigging on that. However, I put all of the files in thesims3/mods/packages folder, and when I started the game, I saw no change. Is there something I have to do in game to see the changes, or am I doing it wrong or... What? I downloaded that other file too. The one that goes in thesims3 folder.
Test Subject
#146 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 8:30 AM
Great work, HP! Wasn't expecting any improved skin tones this fast. Had no problems with them in my game (once I ran my current family through Plan Outfit, etc.). Now hopefully someone will manage to create some anatomically correct body meshes & skin tones (like we had in Sims 2) before too long.
Lab Assistant
#147 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 9:52 AM
Awesome !!! thanks !!
Test Subject
#148 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 9:57 AM
HELLO !!! ANYBODY HERE ?!?!?!?

I set everything correctly but it still doesnt work... meh

I download Skin shine, female full face, and female full body.(I dont use male at all)

I do have Resource.cfg in Sims 3 root, place all packages in /Mods/Packages/

Im using Vista 64Bit

I'm 500% sure that this packages dont work for me because i use "Unlock Hidden Traits" package and it works like a charm which require the same principle.

but i cant get this mod to work... >_<

any help?

Note: Even i start of with CAF and play, it still doesnt work
Field Researcher
#149 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 10:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by motic
Like i posted before
»»»»»»»»

I also found a way to update all your skins whitout starting a new game.
Go to "My Documents" open the folder "Electronic Arts" next the folder "The Sims 3"
and delete the file "simCompositorCache.package" next time you start your game the file will be made again. (this time with the new skintones).

If you dont trust it, simply make a backup of the file.

»»»»»»»»
Would like to confirm that this works perfectly. My whole town has been updated.
Test Subject
#150 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 10:05 AM
Nothing has been changed.
What's my problem?
I use Vista 64bit.
I installed Sims3 in my custom folder. Not c:\program files.
Page 6 of 29