Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Crystal Ball Computer for Fantasy Sims *UPDATE: RECOLOURABLE GLASS CRYSTAL BALL + Fix for chess-playing

by Esmeralda Posted 14th Jun 2011 at 8:48 PM - Updated 11th Feb 2013 at 11:50 AM by Esmeralda : UPDATE - fixed to enable chess-playing

52 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 21 Feedback Posts, 30 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 15th Jun 2011 at 4:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LE102071
Consider this a second request for a Palantir... this would be awesome as that. Thanks for what you've done with the crystal tho.. amazing!

Third! haha I think it'd be really neat to look like there was fog, or some sort of color in the crystal, to make it look like the Sim was casting a spell :D
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#27 Old 15th Jun 2011 at 7:13 PM
Amazing i love it.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#28 Old 15th Jun 2011 at 7:24 PM
I've now added a recolurable solid version of the ball - thanks to murfee and to those who seconded that idea!

Quote: Originally posted by morphead
Actually it is possible to apply a channel to glass to have transparent patterns.

Interesting, I didn't think that was possible! If I can find out how, I'll see about adding a recolourable glass version.
Field Researcher
#29 Old 15th Jun 2011 at 8:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by murfee
But from the bottom of my heart, thank you SOOOO much for this BRILLIANT creation! I am going to put this in every lot I can slap with a broomstick!

There's a broomstick????? Where?????

Be the type of Christian that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, the devil says: "Oh no! They're up!"

"You call me a Jesus Freak like it's a bad thing!"

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." - (2 Timothy 1:7 KJV)
Forum Resident
#30 Old 16th Jun 2011 at 8:05 AM
I love Sci-Fi and Fantasy too and this is the perfect addition to my magical objects. I think you did a wonderful job. Would you be interested in making the desk invisible with Buzzler's Vanishing Script. If not, may I give it a try? :cylon:

Sometimes the Dragon wins and I AM the Dragon!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#31 Old 16th Jun 2011 at 11:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Winterhart
I love Sci-Fi and Fantasy too and this is the perfect addition to my magical objects. I think you did a wonderful job. Would you be interested in making the desk invisible with Buzzler's Vanishing Script. If not, may I give it a try? :cylon:

That's an interesting idea! To be honest, I wouldn't want to do it, as it depends on a mod that can be broken by EA's cruddy updates (I saw that Late Night caused big problems for the modded invisible objects) - I find it a pain to keep having to re-test my own three mods to make sure they still work every time EA releases another patch and am not keen on adding a modded item that also needs checking/updating! But if you do want to do it yourself and don't mind having to keep on top of the updates, then yes, please do give it a try, you're welcome to do so.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#32 Old 16th Jun 2011 at 3:48 PM
Yay for the recolorable update!

And Ditto for Pollination Tech #9, he's so resemblant that I first checked the upper part of the page for the Sims 3 logo lol. I downloaded a moon world and would be delighted to use your Pollination Tech #9 as a dynasty founder! Are you going to upload him?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#33 Old 17th Jun 2011 at 10:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MiniMimi
Yay for the recolorable update!

And Ditto for Pollination Tech #9, he's so resemblant that I first checked the upper part of the page for the Sims 3 logo lol. I downloaded a moon world and would be delighted to use your Pollination Tech #9 as a dynasty founder! Are you going to upload him?

Thanks for liking my PT#9! I originally intended on uploading him, but I had a problem with stringy wrinkles appearing under his nose after reshaping it, thanks to EA's dodgy TS3 facial sculpting - see pic below - and I don't think MTS would accept him like that. I couldn't figure out how to get rid of the wrinkles, and put the project on hold. If I can find a way to solve that problem, I'll try submitting him!
Screenshots
Test Subject
#34 Old 18th Jun 2011 at 6:22 PM
A fantastic idea. Absolutely amazing!!! Thank you very much.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#35 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 11:17 AM
Indeed, that's very odd. Maybe it's the nostrils gone wild from tweaking the nose too much. Maybe putting back a default nose & tweaking it again would do the trick? But I guess you've already tried that. Yeah I too had sims with 'broken' face parts due to that stupid system - broken mouth being the most common - that's so annoying. Good luck trying to repair him!
Mad Poster
#36 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 1:58 PM
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! :lovestruc Thank you SO much for making a recolorable version!!!!!! I'm SO happy; my day really can't get much better than this! :lovestruc :lovestruc I love it; it's bloody perfect, and once again: I am so full of gratitude for what you have done Thank you :lovestruc
Mad Poster
#37 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 2:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simaboder
There's a broomstick????? Where?????

There are quite a few TS3 broom decor objects I have, if you're interested:
http://forum.simsnieuws.nl/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=1405
http://www.prosims.ru/showthread.php?t=26419&page=3
http://www.aroundthesims3.com/objec...asonal_02.shtml
http://the13thsim.webs.com/apps/for...0-21-days-left-
http://www.thesimsresource.com/down...room/id/945149/
http://sims3.simcredibledesigns.com/index.html The Alchemy Halloween Series under Seasons on Page 2
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#38 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 8:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by murfee
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! :lovestruc Thank you SO much for making a recolorable version!!!!!! I'm SO happy; my day really can't get much better than this! :lovestruc :lovestruc I love it; it's bloody perfect, and once again: I am so full of gratitude for what you have done Thank you :lovestruc

Aww, I'm so glad you like the new version, thank you so much for such a nice post, it really makes my day if someone appreciates my humble efforts! Hope you can find a good suitable custom pattern with which to make a nice Palantir!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#39 Old 4th Jul 2011 at 5:38 PM
I absolutely love this! It is perfect for some (most) of my sims who live in houses without electronics!
Field Researcher
#40 Old 18th Jul 2011 at 4:10 AM

Thanks so much! Now if I can only find a bicycle that looks and behaves like a broomstick.

Be the type of Christian that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, the devil says: "Oh no! They're up!"

"You call me a Jesus Freak like it's a bad thing!"

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." - (2 Timothy 1:7 KJV)
Test Subject
#41 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 5:01 PM
LOL Love it! I never would have thought of this item. You're clever; thanks for sharing your talent and ingenuity with us!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#42 Old 3rd Aug 2011 at 9:25 PM
Your wings and this crystal ball computer are really creative and wonderful! Thank you, EsmeraldaF.
Test Subject
#43 Old 8th Nov 2011 at 4:57 PM
I LOVE THIS CREATION!

I do see your method of madness and I wanted to make a suggestion (maybe)... I also would like an option of the crystal ball computer only as well as the already made table. The reason for this suggestion, I have already downloaded the adjustable invisible table into my game. So being able to put the crystal ball/computer on the adjustable table, would allow me to adjust the crystal ball to the same height as the table you have, which would give me the "PERFECT" effect! for my storyline, to have the "crystal ball levitating in mid air effect" I think it would be great to have both, one with and one without the table, either way this is still an AWESOME creation you made!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#44 Old 11th Nov 2011 at 9:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lifecomic
I LOVE THIS CREATION!

I do see your method of madness and I wanted to make a suggestion (maybe)... I also would like an option of the crystal ball computer only as well as the already made table. The reason for this suggestion, I have already downloaded the adjustable invisible table into my game. So being able to put the crystal ball/computer on the adjustable table, would allow me to adjust the crystal ball to the same height as the table you have, which would give me the "PERFECT" effect! for my storyline, to have the "crystal ball levitating in mid air effect" I think it would be great to have both, one with and one without the table, either way this is still an AWESOME creation you made!

Not quite clear what you're asking for, the computer can already be used on any table or desk, it's just that the computer sits low and will sink into a regular desk, hence why my custom desk is lower than normal. So I would guess that if you have an invisible table, you can just put the computer on that and the computer will look like it's floating in mid-air?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#45 Old 10th Feb 2013 at 11:11 PM
First I love this, and the desk! Great desk which can hold a regular computer too, I am unhappy with only one thing, The crystal ball pc that I have does not give my sims the choice to play chess. And I use that a lot.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#46 Old 11th Feb 2013 at 10:37 AM Last edited by Esmeralda : 11th Feb 2013 at 11:43 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by instantmagic
First I love this, and the desk! Great desk which can hold a regular computer too, I am unhappy with only one thing, The crystal ball pc that I have does not give my sims the choice to play chess. And I use that a lot.

Wow, that is really strange - I'm surprised that nobody (including myself!) noticed it before. I wonder if it's because this item was made before Pets and then converted to be compatible with post-Pets rigging - maybe something got lost in the conversion process. I'll try later to re-clone it from scratch and see if that restores the missing interaction. Thanks for letting me know!

ETA: Ah, I found the problem - I cloned these from the 'Cheap' computer, because they were a roughly similar size and shape, not realising that the Cheap computer didn't have a 'Play Chess' interaction. I never, ever noticed that! I've now made updated packages of each of the three computers to include the interaction script from the Expensive computer, and sims can now play chess on these. Please just copy the new packages, dated 11 Feb 2013, into your packages folder and let them overwrite the old ones. To be on the safe side, also delete your cache files, in particular scriptCache.package, from your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 folder, so that any reference to the old script gets deleted. Will update the original post.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#47 Old 29th Jun 2013 at 3:47 AM
I'm tempted to do a little happy cry. I'm attempting to slowly phase out and replace all mod cons in Dragon Valley, where my Disney Princesses (and princes, villains etc) and Epic Fantasy characters live. Computers do not fit in here. So basically between this and your rideable dragon, you're like a godsend!

I'm now looking through all of your other downloads.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#48 Old 25th Mar 2014 at 4:22 AM
This makes for a really great replacement computer for sims who would not usually be found with a computer!

Would there be a way of turning this into a laptop/portable version?
i wonder if a holo-computer version would look cool? (computer introduced in into the future expansion) (they also have a "look up friends on holoweb" interaction and flashing lights which would be a cool feature for a crystal ball)
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#49 Old 3rd Jan 2015 at 5:51 PM
Great idea! Now I can really consider playing a fantasy setting. Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#50 Old 2nd Feb 2015 at 4:26 AM
@mimbug and the magical floating as well

Thank you very much for this Esmarelda ^_^
Page 2 of 3