Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#76 Old 1st Aug 2010 at 5:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ani_
Actually not having a gardener was a bit chocking when I started playing TS3. I always felt he was a basic element of the game, like the maid.

Yeah, he was, but on the flipside, the plants bought in Buy and Build Mode can't be watered (not very realistic, but it does make decorating easier, eh), and Sims have the Gardening Skill to build. Having an actual Gardener-for-hire in TS3 would cheat you out of skill. XP

Annoying:
- You can't leave a toddler/baby at home alone, but say you have multiple toddlers/babies - even if you have your own car you can only take one with you, so I had to hire a babysitter because I couldn't take the third triplet to the beach party (which was a Teen's birthday, and yes, the birthday girl took one over herself. I couldn't get time off for their dad who had to work those hours.)

Even more annoying:
- Adding to the party woes, you can have a party at any given community lot that allows you to, but you can't 'buy/rent' stuff for said party (besides things you can put in a Sim's inventory). I don't know about you guys, but I think it's quite an irritant; I don't want to have to go to Edit Town mode if I want to decorate or add things to a lot for my Sims' party.

I'm the best of all my towel buddies, because...
--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--
grillcheesesammich: quirky linen has the highest thread count =]
snapple fact.
Advertisement
Scholar
#77 Old 1st Aug 2010 at 6:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by J. M. Pescado
EA has stated that new method of vehicle operation gives them more freedom to create vehicles. I can't say I disagree, since now you don't have to worry about how a sim is going to get in or out of the vehicle. Putting a radio on a vehicle is REALLY trivial, though, something that can be done now. Woohoo in vehicle...eh. They didn't REALLY do that in TS2, either. It was interaction in name only. The sims never moved.

It's okay, they can't really do that in real life, either. I can't see why you'd want to encourage them to do so: They suck at it.

You never actually bathed babies in TS2, either, since changing them restored their hygiene.

The main thing with all these individual feature cuts: Each feature, cut alone, makes perfect sense. But when you've cut them all, you're left with nothing!

Yes, exactly they cut too much out. Toddlers at 0 skill aren't any worse at drawing than adults at 0 skill are at painting. You never bathed the toddlers? Ew.
Test Subject
#78 Old 3rd Aug 2010 at 1:41 AM
OMG my "what were they thinking story" --

So I throw a party at my house at like 4. It's going well, I want my sims' boyfriend to make out with her. So I get them to start talking, she thinks he's being irresistible or whatever and their making out. So I tell them to go woohoo. So they start walking upstairs, she sits in bed and he stops - turns around and says "well what a good party! I need to go home now, bye!" UGH!!!!!! Kidding me?? It just gets to be a certain time and then it's goodbye?? How about if your sim is interacting, not tired and about to do something, they decide to stay a little longer?? OR maybe they can be like "hey can I sleep over?" It's your girlfriend, obviously I'm going to say yes!! Geez people!!
#79 Old 3rd Aug 2010 at 1:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by inck243
OMG my "what were they thinking story" --

So I throw a party at my house at like 4. It's going well, I want my sims' boyfriend to make out with her. So I get them to start talking, she thinks he's being irresistible or whatever and their making out. So I tell them to go woohoo. So they start walking upstairs, she sits in bed and he stops - turns around and says "well what a good party! I need to go home now, bye!" UGH!!!!!! Kidding me?? It just gets to be a certain time and then it's goodbye?? How about if your sim is interacting, not tired and about to do something, they decide to stay a little longer?? OR maybe they can be like "hey can I sleep over?" It's your girlfriend, obviously I'm going to say yes!! Geez people!!

She's just not that into you.
Field Researcher
#80 Old 3rd Aug 2010 at 4:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Falendriel
I don't think encouraging plastic surgery / body modification is the way EA wants to go (thus why, after you make a Sim, you can't change genetic features anymore).

I'd be ashamed of EA if they ever had such a thing. The majority of Simmers are adolescent females after all.

But they gave us tattoos which are looked down by most parents even today... And we always had the option to get into a criminal career, what kind of encouragement were they thinking about?
Top Secret Researcher
#81 Old 3rd Aug 2010 at 4:47 AM
Tattoos and criminal carreer... They were probably thinking of Yakuza's kids playing TS3.
Eminence Grise
#82 Old 3rd Aug 2010 at 6:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Falendriel
The majority of Simmers are adolescent females after all.

Not true at all :O According to EA's statistics, a small majority of Simmers are female, but the majority are over 20... at least, in the last statistics for this game that I've seen mentioned by EA reps (they haven't published precise stats). And there are plenty of grannies and grandpas... the Sims skews more female than video games as a group, but it also skews older, and for video games generally, the average is now around 30.
Lab Assistant
#83 Old 3rd Aug 2010 at 2:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by larrydot
Why can't I have sims who are thin and busty??? It's so frustrating!!!!

This will sound weird coming out of the sims 3 forum but: 'cause its not realistic.
Only on TV do skinny chicks have C and D chests. Maybe with the next expansion they will come out with the plastic surgery profession but til then...
Mad Poster
#84 Old 3rd Aug 2010 at 2:18 PM
A couple of years ago when I was skinny I was a UK size 8 with an E cup chest (I still fit that ratio but am no longer skinny). I am neither on TV nor have I had cosmetic surgery. There are actually people out there who look like that naturally so to say it's not realistic isn't really true. And the next EP does come with a breast slider for women.
Inventor
#85 Old 3rd Aug 2010 at 9:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Exyll
This will sound weird coming out of the sims 3 forum but: 'cause its not realistic.
Only on TV do skinny chicks have C and D chests. Maybe with the next expansion they will come out with the plastic surgery profession but til then...

Well, that's just not true.
Theorist
#86 Old 3rd Aug 2010 at 9:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by el_flel
A couple of years ago when I was skinny I was a UK size 8 with an E cup chest (I still fit that ratio but am no longer skinny). I am neither on TV nor have I had cosmetic surgery. There are actually people out there who look like that naturally so to say it's not realistic isn't really true. And the next EP does come with a breast slider for women.

Skinny, naturally busty women do exist, but they are few and far between. They're definitely a minority. I know, because I spent most of my teen and young adult years stalking them like the creep that I am.

Resident wet blanket.
Mad Poster
#87 Old 3rd Aug 2010 at 9:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GnatGoSplat
Skinny, naturally busty women do exist, but they are few and far between. They're definitely a minority. I know, because I spent most of my teen and young adult years stalking them like the creep that I am.

Best post today.
Mad Poster
#88 Old 3rd Aug 2010 at 10:01 PM
^ I agree, that made me LOL. Skinny, naturally busty women are the majority in my family. But just because it's not the norm doesn't mean it's unrealistic and that the only people who look like that have had surgery. Puhlease, if I had the money I'd be making them smaller, not bigger.
Theorist
#89 Old 4th Aug 2010 at 9:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by el_flel
Puhlease, if I had the money I'd be making them smaller, not bigger.

I'd recommend against it. Not only would creepy pervs like me consider that a tragedy, but you'll no longer be able to get out of speeding tickets.

Resident wet blanket.
Lab Assistant
#90 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 12:42 AM
My "What Were They Thinking?" moments happen quite a lot with TS3. Is it just me, or are the Sims in TS3 just a weeny bit creepy? I cannot get over the fact that their skin and body-shapes look like play-doh, or something else that's squishy. I enjoy making custom Sims, but without mods, I cannot make the Sim I want. Making Sims was much easier and more enjoyable in TS2, and the end result much more satisfying.

Another moment was when I realised how easy it is to bork this game. I have already had to remove all my CC and uninstall the game twice, and I have gone through several tech help threads, and I still cannot get it to work!

I was shocked when I discovered that you still cannot take babies and toddlers anywhere! Is it really that difficult to include the ability to take them places?

But the one that really gets me is how slow Ultra Speed is; watching a Sim sleep feels like I really have been there eight hours...
Scholar
#91 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 12:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by geallach
My "What Were They Thinking?" moments happen quite a lot with TS3. Is it just me, or are the Sims in TS3 just a weeny bit creepy? I cannot get over the fact that their skin and body-shapes look like play-doh, or something else that's squishy. I enjoy making custom Sims, but without mods, I cannot make the Sim I want. Making Sims was much easier and more enjoyable in TS2, and the end result much more satisfying.

Another moment was when I realised how easy it is to bork this game. I have already had to remove all my CC and uninstall the game twice, and I have gone through several tech help threads, and I still cannot get it to work!

I was shocked when I discovered that you still cannot take babies and toddlers anywhere! Is it really that difficult to include the ability to take them places?

But the one that really gets me is how slow Ultra Speed is; watching a Sim sleep feels like I really have been there eight hours...

Ha-ha. I find the eating animation weird. No natter what They're eating they open their mouths so wide like they were about to bite into a giant triple decker sandwich.

I don't think babies can go anywhere but toddlers can go to community lots. Your sim just has to pick them up to take them along. However toddlers and babies cannot go on vacation (WA).

It's Life...there are no rules.
You can see more of my creations at www.customsims3.com
Test Subject
#92 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 8:07 PM
I think that the body slider was designed by an overweight women who wanted revenge on women who were thin and busty....

I can just see her evil plan formulating

"And if you want a decent breast, your gonna have to gain some weight, thin girl!
Forum Resident
#93 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 1:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
Not true at all :O According to EA's statistics, a small majority of Simmers are female, but the majority are over 20... at least, in the last statistics for this game that I've seen mentioned by EA reps (they haven't published precise stats). And there are plenty of grannies and grandpas... the Sims skews more female than video games as a group, but it also skews older, and for video games generally, the average is now around 30.

THANK GOD! I can now safely remove the "loser" trait from my self sim.
Mad Poster
#94 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 11:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by suzetter
Ha-ha. I find the eating animation weird. No natter what They're eating they open their mouths so wide like they were about to bite into a giant triple decker sandwich.
I actually agree with this, TS3 sims have terrible table manners. They wide mouth thing makes them look like are trying to eat a giant and they scoff everything down so fast that they choke, which is disgusting. My brother used to do that as a child but I have never seen an adult eat like that.
Instructor
#95 Old 8th Aug 2010 at 3:14 AM
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzetter

I actually agree with this, TS3 sims have terrible table manners. They wide mouth thing makes them look like are trying to eat a giant and they scoff everything down so fast that they choke, which is disgusting. My brother used to do that as a child but I have never seen an adult eat like that.

I think there was supposed to be an "amusement" factor to it, except they got carried away with the amount of 'choking' the sims do. So for me, it's just annoying.

A lot of the baby stuff/toddler stuff is a "What were they thinking" part for me. As well as the incredibly terrible pathing (that has since been 'fixed'), and the lack of items. Most of which we will get back with the new EP.

I am an Angel who has tamed the Dragon. For I am NOT crunchy, NOR good with ketchup!
Lab Assistant
#96 Old 8th Aug 2010 at 3:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Exyll

where'd you get that idea from?

my 'wtf' moment was seeing the Sim eating-they choke so much but it's no wonder since they shove it down their throat. And the limited interactions with Community Lots. After everything EA kept saying about new hoods and community lots omg!!1uno it seems like a huge disappointment ;_;

You know that place between sleep and awake? The place where you can still remember dreaming? That’s where I’ll always love you. That’s where I’ll be waiting.
Page 4 of 4