Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Apr 2011 at 4:24 PM
Default Farmer's rebellion - what to do?
My game is in Swedish so I do not know the correct terms, but when you play the quest directly translated to "Farmer's Rebellion" you're supposed to talk to three farmers about why they're not working. But no matter the relationship level, that interaction is not available (not even there). I've clicked my hero, the farmers, the ground, the market stalls... What am I supposed to do?

If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 1st Apr 2011 at 4:26 PM
I have not played this quest, but try to click at the village-sign. Maybe the farmers are not actual sims in this one.

"The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory. "
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Apr 2011 at 4:40 PM
Thanks for the tip, but that won't work either. There are five farmers walking around the town square/marketplace (I was supposed to go and find them there). But they have some of the usual interactions - talk, gossip, get to know - but no option to ask about the kingdom's situation (which is what the quest requires).

transmogrified
retired moderator
#4 Old 1st Apr 2011 at 4:58 PM
I haven't seen this quest, and it's true that "talk to X about Y" usually spawns a new social interaction in the menu, but have you tried just talking to them through the regular "friendly" social? Also, are none of the farmers flagged as a target?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Apr 2011 at 6:28 PM
I've tried every social interaction, thinking it would trigger the one I wanted, but no. None of the farmers are flagged, but I'm pretty sure it's some of the five that I'm supposed to talk to. I tried to talk to random citizens as well.

At this time I've cheated my way through the task and finished the quest...

Eminence Grise
#6 Old 1st Apr 2011 at 8:09 PM
I was able to complete that quest successfully, but I have had similar bugs in other quests.

Sometimes exiting and restarting the game works. But I also save every sim night, so I can restore to an earlier point in the quest and try another path through the quest if one of them is broken. That saved me last night with the "Animuslaver" quest... I wanted my priest to give the sword to Jacob's Sword (evil path), but the guy I was supposed to give it to never turned up (or at least didn't get a quest marker), so I went back and took the "good" path (dammit), destroying the sword.