Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jan 2015 at 11:19 AM
Ideas to play? Challenges you have done
I think I made every family possible. What should I do stir things up? like some sort of challenge?
What challenges have you done recently dat were like really fun
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 10th Jan 2015 at 12:31 PM
Asylum challenge is pretty fun. I've also enjoyed the runaway teen challenge. I also keep returning to the random legacy challenge in the hopes of getting back into it, but my attention span sucks (not the fault of the challenge itself, I just have the mental capacity of a gnat). And finally, the brothel challenge is sweet as tits.
Test Subject
#3 Old 10th Jan 2015 at 8:26 PM
Recently I've been playing a really fun challenge. It's similar to the "Orphanage Challenge", but I made my own rules without any scoring system whatsoever. I just made up a story with a certain aim in my head.

First, I downloaded the abandoned orphanage from The Sims Resource. It's a really cool and creepy lot, including a few CC items. Then I created a female young adult (Let's call her Fanny) and a female elder (Let's call her Granny), who's the mother of the young adult. The story is that Granny runs an orphanage with the help of her daughter. She's a really family oriented person whose goal in life is to provide a nice home for as many orphans as possible, but due to her old age she has become quite grumpy and absent-minded. That's why her daughter is now in charge of the orphanage and has to take care of her senile mum as well.

I moved the family into the orphanage using FreeRealEstate, then deleted the 16.000 starter money (I wanted them to be really poor, just owning the orphanage). The overall aim is to run an orphanage while earning money in order to renovate the whole building. BUT: since Granny is really old and somebody has to look after the children, Fanny + Granny are not allowed to have normal jobs. The main money source is gardening + getting stuff from the junkyard + (underage people please look away) being a hooker (yep, it's a hard world out there) + selling bread at the market. And the most important thing: you always have to adopt children. In the beginning 6 children should be adopted and raised till they are young adults. As soon as they are young adults they move out and new adopted children move in. You could also have more than 6 children at once if you use the master controller mod by Twallan. I thought 6 is more than enough So Fanny has to take care of the kids, cooking meals, cleaning, helping with homework, playing with them etc. The children do not have access to the kitchen (door settings), so Fanny is the only one who can prepare meals, the kids cannot just take a snack. Granny can help a bit, but in general she is the one who plays with the kids. These are the general "rules", once the orphanage is completely renovated the challenge is completed

I used a lot of mods for improving the gaming experience:

Ani's mods:
No Fridge Shopping --> so you really have to produce the products yourself or buy them at the grocery store (I also used the chicken coops from the Sims 3 store to get eggs).

Working Sims Bed --> In winter Fanny has to earn some money as well, so this, being a working woman, seems to be logical, although I've always pictured her to be disgusted by doing this job. For getting customers on the home lot I used the Ticket machine of Inge (Simlogical) - with this I always had 1-2 customers on the lot if activated.

Produce stand mod --> I always take the produce stand to the main square in order to sell bread and homemade meals (Ani describes how to do this). This is another source of income that seems to be appropriate, and since one cannot sell meals without a mod I think this is quite suitable.

Repairing salvaged items from the junkyard mod --> With this mod one can repair the junkyard items, so they can be used at home (I found out that after a while you can even sell them - at the beginning it isn't worth anything).

Pay for cab mod --> since you are short on money you really have to use a bicycle or walk. Not paying for a cab seems kind of cheaty.

Orphanage Link: http://www.thesimsresource.com/down...age/id/1219739/

I had a lot of fun playing this, hope you like it
Test Subject
#4 Old 12th Jan 2015 at 6:19 AM
I don't necessarily play an official challenge, but something I do like to do with Sims is try to make a huge family tree. I set my own little rules for myself, sometimes they vary. One time I started out with a female Sim. She married and had one single child. When that child grew up, he married, and he had one single child. It goes on and on, and I keep track of the family tree because the Sims won't keep track after a while! I just think it's cool to keep going like that. Oftentimes I'll have them start with pretty much nothing and gain wealth over time.
Test Subject
#5 Old 12th Jan 2015 at 5:31 PM
Well,I decided to adopt a self sim as a child into a already existing family,it's loads of fun! So my sim is a Bachelor. So his sister is Bella Goth. I dunno what I'm going to do,some sort of legacy probs,without the lot and money restriction.

Hello there! I have my challenges and stories at http://starrysimschallenges.blogspot.com/ It would mean a lot if you checked it out at least,I will do challenges from these forums only. :)
Test Subject
#6 Old 13th Jan 2015 at 3:21 AM
If you have UL installed, one way I like to make my games more challenging is that you can only have part time jobs, unless you have a college degree. Start out with a single mom and see how her kids turn out.
Alchemist
#7 Old 14th Jan 2015 at 6:32 PM
My primary play style is modeled after the Legacy Challenge, which in my version means "play as long as you can keep up interest in the family", haha.
I've never played a challenge with the set rules (always read them and adapted to my play style), but lately I've taken to just randomizing the traits of the Sims that are born into the family. The only exception is when I want a Sim to have a specific set of traits, and even then I only limit it to 2 hand-picked traits at most. It makes me try traits that I'd normally avoid due to being "negative". Having a technophobic Sim around did wonders for my Sim who wanted to improve his handiness skill

However, I do tend to skip useless traits like Never Nude, Supernatural Fan/Skeptic or Vehicle Enthusiast, and traits that come up too often just to shake things up a bit. Same goes for lifetime wishes. There are only so many scientists I can play until I get bored of it, and I just wish all the kids wouldn't roll those Vocal Legend, Magician and Acrobat wishes all the damn time (played an Acrobat and a Magician once, got bored of waiting and cheat-promoted them to see the cool tricks).

Some stories I've played:
- hipster from Lucky Palms goes to uni, comes back bankrupt, has a cook move in as roomate. They fall in love, get married and adopt a little fairy girl who goes insane during full moons and torches zombies;
- childish alien girl arrives in Twinbrook, mentally enslaves two rival robbers to show her WTF humans do (she's actually sweet, honest!)
- recreated Charles Vane from Black Sails in Isla Paradiso, had him discover all the tombs and then work as a fisherman/diver (currently playing the 8th generation);
- serial killer with a perpetually increasing body count in Sunset Valley (this stopped being fun at about the 7th killed auto-spawned pudding).

Stuff I'm considering playing:
- household of 6 neckbeard clones (with only one trait differing between them) and 2 cute girls (who are the classic "opposite personality twins"). Stick them in a house, no jobs, see what happens.
- redneck brother & sister. Attempt to slowly homogenize Riverview's population by the 4th generation (Near Relation Romance enabled in Woohoer, of course).
- eccentric vampire: firefighter by day, inventor by night. Enjoys looking for aliens.
- sassy interior designer. Insults clients' preferences, goes to the spa at least 3 times/week and has a poodle (s)he discreetly encourages to target unsuspecting ankles.
- transgender (MTF) who moves to Starlight Shores to become a star (actually started this but got sidetracked by all the building/remodeling SS).
Instructor
#8 Old 14th Jan 2015 at 7:01 PM
Recently I tried legacy style game where the sims only get one child and that child willl only marry their IF. If they do not get IF then it has to be the first female/male sim they meet. YA or A. That went south when my sims child from the future, an eldery sim, suddenly popped from time machine. Then it suddenly changed into "harem" challenge. He now has four "wife", four children and atleas two on the way. Everytime I start any challenge or just regular game, I choose the cheapest house and buy the items and "upgrades" I want as I get more money. I don't like using money cheats in order to get the house the way I want quickly.