Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Delphy's Sims 3 Pack Multi-Extracter (Updated 5th Sept 2009)

by Tashiketh Posted 15th Aug 2009 at 9:33 AM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 3:13 PM by Nysha

686 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 421 Feedback Posts, 264 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 3 of 28
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#52 Old 16th Aug 2009 at 10:55 AM
Lynn5339, What on earth are you talking about? There is no install.

Lynus / anyawow1: Just ignore that box.

CarlosFilipePedro: I think you misunderstand what the program does. If there is a package file in the destination folder, then that is exactly what the program is supposed to do. There is no "install". It's up to you to specify where you want the extracted files to go.

Please read the very first thing noted in the download description - the one with the huge header.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Inventor
#53 Old 16th Aug 2009 at 11:26 AM
Thanks Delphy,nice job

Try to Wish.
http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Enric277
My Origin ID Enriquebell
Test Subject
#55 Old 16th Aug 2009 at 3:36 PM
Thanks, Delphy. I love this program. I was avoiding people who had their downloads as Sims3Packs instead of packages simply because I didn't want them myseriouly placed by the launcher. Easy to get around the renaming thing by just popping one Pack at a time into the folder and extracting it, renaming it, then repeating. Not quite the original purpose of the program, but still quicker than the launcher and I get to control where my cc ends up.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#56 Old 16th Aug 2009 at 6:07 PM
cfoley: The one I uploaded earlier has the rename in it now

Lab Assistant
#57 Old 17th Aug 2009 at 1:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lynn5339
Followed all instructions (windows xp pro SP2) and get error message
"This Program cannot be run in DOS" at the bottom of the box after I click "install".

I'm sorry about the dumb mis-wording. I meant "extract" not install. I also had the wording cut off the bottom problem, but today I re-downloaded and tried again and it worked fine. Again, very sorry.
Test Subject
#58 Old 17th Aug 2009 at 2:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
DaNippers: Right so I guess you missed the bit in the overview that said that it works on .NET Framework 2.0. 3.5 is not 2.0 - You MUST have 2.0 installed to use this.

3.5 includes 2.0 but meh, just letting you know was all.... guess I'll stick with Sims 3's regular junk... Nice work anyways
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 3:24 AM
are the lots installing for anyone else?
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 11:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by babygirl4595
are the lots installing for anyone else?

Not me. Presets won't show up either either.
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 3:44 AM
Hi Delphy! Great work as always , I just have one problem. When I tick the Rename Files On Save box, even on files that I know only have one package in them, it's not renaming them. Is there something else I'm supposed to do? I've got package viewers so I can open them & rename them manually, I just thought I'd ask/ let you know.
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 4:43 AM
Thanks for correcting the window bug! It works fine for me now.

However, I second the idea to rename all the files (possibly with a number at the end). 3viewer did this, but 3viewer's batch installer will skip certain files, unlike your program. The issue of duplicate files is pretty easy to resolve without you having to change anything- I myself use a free file duplicate finder to weasel out any ones I may have installed.

There's still the issue of getting Sims 3 to recognize house and preset packages that aren't installed via the Launcher, but I figure that'll be hard to resolve. Thanks a bunch!

Edit: I'm getting the same thing as Ang41187- nothing's getting renamed.
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 5:45 AM
oh ok thought i was the only one with that problem, i also have the rename one too.
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 20th Aug 2009 at 1:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by babygirl4595
oh ok thought i was the only one with that problem, i also have the rename one too.

Maybe it's a platform deal? I have Vista 64x; what do you have?
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 20th Aug 2009 at 3:45 AM
vista 64
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 20th Aug 2009 at 8:15 PM
I doubt it's a platform thing since I've got XP 32.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#68 Old 21st Aug 2009 at 9:24 AM
I'll look at the renaming issue - I have an idea what it could be, but I've been busy with CTU. Should be updated in the next couple days.

Mad Poster
#69 Old 21st Aug 2009 at 3:19 PM
Thanks for working on the rename issue. Great program for converting and extracting the S3P to .package files. Works great!

I don't know if you remember, but I am the one that complained about the file size on TSR Workshop S3Ps. I thought I would use this program to rectify the file size but when I use jfade's recompressorizer on those .package files from the S3Ps, they don't show in-game. I wonder if I need to use another program before compressing to make it work, or don't use the multi-pack installer and use something else to make the .program file? I did try using the 3d Viewer and then CTU, but that messed up the mesh. I am out of ideas.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Top Secret Researcher
#70 Old 21st Aug 2009 at 6:12 PM
lewisb40, use MATY's compressor (s3rc). It works on sims3packs and packages.
Test Subject
#71 Old 22nd Aug 2009 at 5:29 PM
My only problem is if i try and remove some of the catagories for clothes and hair , IE remove clothing catagories , so they are only in everyday etc when i try and save it i get an error message saying it cannot do that due to the file being used by another programme (when the file is not being used elsewhere ) . This happens on about two thirds of the files in my folder .
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#72 Old 22nd Aug 2009 at 6:09 PM
Celestra: What does removing categories have to do with installing Sims3Packs? I'm confused.

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#73 Old 23rd Aug 2009 at 9:12 AM Last edited by plasticbox : 23rd Aug 2009 at 9:29 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
Can somebody try this on a Mac using Mono 2.0?

Works beautifully (or are explicitely asking about 2.0?). MonoFramework-2.4.2.3_3.macos10.novell.x86 here, under OS X 10.5.7, Xcode 3.1.2 with the X11 it came with.

Two things though: it unwraps the files as

clothes\0x1bf5bc2457ff4dfdd5efd45365d78882.package

instead of in a subdirectory named "clothes";

and it also appears to be a little confused when it comes to the general file structure. It seems to think that /Users/User/Desktop/ is the top level, inside that it shows a directory named "Personal" which is again my User directory (this has another Desktop, but thankfully without the "Personal" thing this time), and a "My Computer" with yet another "Personal" folder in it (including a third Desktop). Tiger's Neighbourhood Workshop has the exact same issue though, so it could just be a general mono thing.

In Wine I get the same assorted errors as with the CTU.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
#74 Old 23rd Aug 2009 at 10:21 AM
WOW! Works like a charm in Windows 7 Professional 64bit, except for that renaming bit where it actually doesnt rename the files... But all in all, a very nice program! Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 1st Sep 2009 at 11:22 AM
wow that tool comes in handy, 20 files extracted in 1 second, i can't thank you enough Delphy

badger badger badger badger MUSHROOM MUSHROOM !!
Page 3 of 28