Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Head Shape Slider

by jonha Posted 17th Apr 2010 at 10:11 PM - Updated 27th Nov 2011 at 11:44 AM by jonha

130 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 96 Feedback Posts, 33 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 3 of 6
Test Subject
#51 Old 6th May 2010 at 1:57 AM
Is this head slider in addition to the one in your '10 slider pack' ? Does this head slider do something different to the one that is in the slider pack?
Trying to decide if I need to download both or just the pack.

Thanks
Forum Resident
#52 Old 8th May 2010 at 2:41 AM
This slider is really useful! Thanks bunches

You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
-Christopher Robin to Pooh
Scholar
Original Poster
#53 Old 12th May 2010 at 6:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hhaah4
Is this head slider in addition to the one in your '10 slider pack' ? Does this head slider do something different to the one that is in the slider pack?
Trying to decide if I need to download both or just the pack.

Thanks

There is no head shape slider in the other pack. Only a head size slider, that simply resizes the complete head.
Test Subject
#54 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 2:18 AM
i luv all of these sliders that you do, your one of the most talented modders ive seen, if you wouldnt mind could you make a "NECK Slider",
one that makes the neck slimer or bigger, theres one already that makes it longer but would you make one that makes it smaller or bigger PLEASE, and thank you for your amazing sliders
Field Researcher
#55 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 4:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jonha
You can use this slider and putt the eyes up again, it will look pretty much the same. But I can provide a forehead slider, too, if you need it.

Omg, a slider that adjusts the length of the forehead independently would save my life! I've been working on a sim who has a very short forehead but if I move her facial features up, to get the required result, there are too many facial glitches and she ends up looking very deformed. So if you're thinking of making anymore, a forehead slider would be the ultimate, in my opinion!

Thanks so much for this download...I had those bobble headed sims!

Yo', I'm on Yearbook now, check me out and leave me some lovin's!!!
Theorist
#56 Old 8th Jul 2010 at 1:00 PM
Thank you so much for this :-)
Banned
#57 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 7:29 AM
This is a very good idea. However, I had to take the file out of my mods folder, as when you use this slider, you can no longer change the length of the jaw, itself. So, thanks anyway, but I won't be using this any longer.
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 10:09 AM
I don't have this issue. Do you use a hack to bypass the game's sliders limit ? If not that maybe the reason why this slider disables the jaw one.
Instructor
#59 Old 8th Aug 2010 at 6:51 PM
Thanks you!!!

I have been waiting this mod, I just know it today.
Inventor
#60 Old 20th Aug 2010 at 11:33 PM Last edited by XTS : 20th Aug 2010 at 11:43 PM.
Hey I wanted to say these sliders are great.. I wanted them but I don't think I can have them because of two other mods I wanted pretty bad. The Gardening gnome & the book of skills/knowledge (name?). I spent hours trying to figure it out in detail but I was tired so it's not so detailed as I'd hoped but I THINK it's a conflict. Let's put it this way, these two files (slider & hair fix) are the only two I removed and the book & gnome worked. What wouldn't work with them at the time the sliders were in there was the ability to click on them and get a pie menu. Once I removed the two files, all was fine with the other 2 mods. SORRY if it is a conflict! But maybe my post can help you guys? So I thought it would be important to take a minute to let ya know what happened. You can message me if you need me back at this post to comment on something (if you are trying to keep the posts in the thread). I'll see that faster.

Now, I did have my mods in Prog Files ( I know, everyone says NOT IN THERE) and that is a looong story but I'll try to say it quick. I couldn't get it to work in my docs because my docs is my Main Drive.. It's F:\ period.. Not F/user/mydocs because my c:\ was full I had to move it.. The mods were working in Prog Files just fine.. I went ahead and moved them and fixed that issue last night when I was trying for those two mods. The situation was the same for both folders, the mods acted the same regardless of their location. What did make a difference is I had an OLD resource.cfg and had to redownload to get it working right. It was referencing a wrong link in the file and I didn't exactly know how to edit it, much easier to redownload the file.

I wish I could've used the sliders, too. I rarely use them but thought it'd be nice to have a proportionate head for once. Thanks for all your hard work! I know I'd enjoyed it had I got it working..

Best to you & your mods!
xts

EDIT: Some links in case you need them:
Gnome: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=393965
Book: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=383662

(though I also have a few others.. hold on incase it wasn't my 2 new mod picks and instead was an old mod or one I forgot to mention)

*No wait time for vacations: http://www.modthesims.info/d/399378
*All fish, fruits & books buyable (3 seperate links, same creator): http://www.modthesims.info/d/379571 http://www.modthesims.info/d/379536 http://www.modthesims.info/d/379566
*nosimbotreaction: http://www.modthesims.info/d/406959

That's all the mods I have, others are objects like tables or chairs or my stuff.

(Quote) ~ "If it isn't one thing, it's going to be another. It is usually one thing. Oh man, is it a mother" (The Mother of All Things) - PB
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 21st Aug 2010 at 2:17 PM
I have the gnome, the book and the slider (+ hairfix) and my game works fine. Do you have the latest version of each ?

I don't have any of the other mods you are talking about though.

Did you try to run the dashboard tool to see if it finds conflicting files (scan the "my documents/the sims 3" folder) ?
Did you try taking all your mods out except for the gnome, the book and the slider and see if the conflict is really between those three ?
Inventor
#62 Old 21st Aug 2010 at 11:29 PM Last edited by XTS : 22nd Aug 2010 at 3:30 AM.
Default troubleshooting the mods
Quote: Originally posted by Azureale
I have the gnome, the book and the slider (+ hairfix) and my game works fine. Do you have the latest version of each ?

I don't have any of the other mods you are talking about though.

Did you try to run the dashboard tool to see if it finds conflicting files (scan the "my documents/the sims 3" folder) ?
Did you try taking all your mods out except for the gnome, the book and the slider and see if the conflict is really between those three ?

Glad I came back! I *think* I do have the latest version as that's what brought me here. The book & gnome got my attention when I was checking for an update on a few things like buyable fish, buyable fruit (got the buyable books when I updated the other two). But when I got here to update, saw lots of awesome uploads, thought I'd comment on some, grab some. You know, like shopping. I looked for *tools* to use for my mods like Clean Installer but I only found one for sims 2. I'm willing to help figure out what went wrong if someone else wants to know but I'm not really that good with my wording. Thanks for the Dashboard Tool link! I did take all mods out but I mean ALL when I say all, because at one point I learned my resource.cfg was outdated & in the wrong place (same with mods, think I mentioned that?). When I was moving them I tried with no mods then with them in both places. The only thing I can think of that I did that was weird during the time I removed the sliders is, I made my mods folder shared. (Think my pc thinks it's a server in itself and each hard drive is a seperate pc in it's mind and I have 3 hdd's, my docs are my F:/ drive, was trying to make the game find it.

I can try to see if only those 3 conflict tonight. It's evening right now and family due in soon.. but soon after they settle I'll start on it.. Thanks for your help! I really would like to try the sliders. I'm gonna get that tool right now though, before I forget. :D
xts

EDIT: you are definitely right.. Good thing you came in, I really don't know much about these sliders.. Okay, I took all out but the 3, the book, gnome & sliders (with hair fix). The book & gnome work, apparently I just don't know anything about the slider. I can't find it in game, read that there may be a problem with my framework. Going to check into that.. All systems go for all 3 but which is conflicting? I hope it's not the simbotnoreaction because I NEED that. lol I'll try to update anything I find out that may be of importance to you guys.

EDIT2: Update, I got the monkeybar and the Dashboard tool. Framework seemed in order, but the scanner doesn't cover Ambitions so I don't know how much it can do until it's updated but it did find a few corrupt objects, which I thought were lower risk for that. I told it to fix them and all seemed fine, all of my mods are working right now except the sliders.. I did change settings and allow my mods folder to be shared on my private network.. My pc thinks it's a server I think and going between the hard drives is sometimes difficult if it's a program trying to do it, I do run sims 3 and the helper progs in admin.. think that helps. Thank you so much but I still can't get the sliders in game.. It's *installed* but maybe I don't know what I'm doing? I saw not to ask if I couldn't figure it out so I'm not.. It's probably just me. lol But I don't see the options in the slider area. I do thank you and wish you the best..
xts

(Quote) ~ "If it isn't one thing, it's going to be another. It is usually one thing. Oh man, is it a mother" (The Mother of All Things) - PB
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 22nd Aug 2010 at 9:03 AM
Okay here are a few things.
About the head shape slider, you can find it in CAS under the head section (the 4th from top in my French game). If you only have the 3 EA slider there, try downloading Jonha_SliderHack and see if it helps.

The Dashboard tool has not been updated specifically for Ambitions but it works fine with it as long as you tell it to scan the "My Document/The sims 3" folder. That way it will work just as if it had been updated for Ambitions .

You don't have to share any of your Sims folder on your network unless you really need to. Your computer shouldn't have any specific troubles finding things on different HDDs or partitions unless things have been installed a way and moved out afterwards. I have several Hdds and partitions and apart from really old (or stupid ) programs everything runs fine even if I change the installation path. I also move My Document folder (and more) and have no problem either (as long as you do it the right way, and not by just dragging it to where you want it lol).

Hope that will help .
Inventor
#64 Old 23rd Aug 2010 at 1:47 AM
Okay here are a few things.
About the head shape slider, you can find it in CAS under the head section (the 4th from top in my French game). If you only have the 3 EA slider there, try downloading Jonha_SliderHack and see if it helps.

The Dashboard tool has not been updated specifically for Ambitions but it works fine with it as long as you tell it to scan the "My Document/The sims 3" folder. That way it will work just as if it had been updated for Ambitions .

You don't have to share any of your Sims folder on your network unless you really need to. Your computer shouldn't have any specific troubles finding things on different HDDs or partitions unless things have been installed a way and moved out afterwards. I have several Hdds and partitions and apart from really old (or stupid ) programs everything runs fine even if I change the installation path. I also move My Document folder (and more) and have no problem either (as long as you do it the right way, and not by just dragging it to where you want it lol).

Hope that will help .

You are wonderful!! Thank you so much for your detailed explaination! I'm such a blonde!

I'll follow your ideas and let ya know.. I tried and tried last night, couldn't get it to work. I'll try again tonight I love that dashboard tool! I did tell it to scan the whole folder, it didn't find one file that I know is corrupt, the cursed dive well (it's not updated and you freeze when you try to use it) but it's not quite done being built if I understand it right and it won't find them all..(I tested with the well but removed it later). That one was obvious though and I was desperate to be cursed. lol (long story but it is an opportunity I can't seem to fulfill).

To be honest, I'm not sure how right I did move my docs and such but I know I didn't just drag it. I found the way to do it online long ago (several years ago) and have had some permission problems with it.. I really don't know why but usually I find ways to get it to work but never remember how I did it due to doing so many things.. I've a pretty high success rate of fixing issues with the pc but most of the time I can't tell you what I did to fix it. lol

I saw something about getting a core mod for the slider but I thought this is a core mod. I'm not sure the difference, to be honest. I've not modded since Sims 2 except for a few objects, like pictures or paintings. Maybe that's what your link is, will find out in a bit Thank you again!! I was trying to not ask for help (not that is was easy to not ask lol).

xts

Inventor
#65 Old 23rd Aug 2010 at 4:45 AM
UPDATE: sorry for so much text, that's part of my wording problem, wind up saying more just to say the same thing I could've said with like 10 words. Thanks for bearing with my personality type.

I installed the other sliders, they show. (which is cooler than I thought they'd be so I think I'll keep them). and now I see one called head size now.. but I don't have the head sliders & hair fix in there now. Those are two different things, aren't they? Or are they the same thing I just got from that link to his (apologies if that's a gender error on my part) other sliders package (grabbed the bundle but excluded calves)? I also grabbed the extend slider limit file (just in case, my mind was getting garbled so I figured it'd be a good safety measure) but, I think I figured out what the *core mod* file is now. lol)

Thank you so much!! But if you do pop in and have a moment, can you tell me if the two are the same or should I try to go ahead and add the original slider & hair fix (this thread) or would the head size do the trick for the foreheads? Now I know why Herman Munster was so much easier with Sims 2 than I thought he'd be, he was born with a big forehead. lol Thanks again!!

Thanks for the sliders Jonha! Sorry about the scare *smile* Absolutely fantastic mods!
xts

Lab Assistant
#66 Old 23rd Aug 2010 at 8:36 AM
Okay, I wasn't suggesting to add more sliders but to download the slider hack to see if it would help for the Head Shape Slider to show up in your game . But I use all Johna's sliders too lol.

As Jonha explained the game has a hardcoded limit of sliders per section and very few are free. So sometimes there is just no other way than using a core mod to get CC sliders to work. CC sliders can also prevent EA sliders to work if the limit of slots available has been reached. If you grabbed the Jonha_SliderHack, then you've got a core mod that is needed to allow more slots for sliders.

Head Size (part of the "10 new CAS Sliders") is different from Head Shape. So you actually have 4 sliders in the main head section ? The 3 EA ones and the Head Size ?

I really don't know why you can't see the Head Shape slider (you won't actually "see" the hair fix). Do you use sub-folders in your Mods/Packages folder or do you just drop everything in the same place ?
Inventor
#67 Old 23rd Aug 2010 at 11:10 PM Last edited by XTS : 23rd Aug 2010 at 11:26 PM.
I use a folder called mods but my files are in the packages folder within that mod folder. I can try again tonight. Do you know the name of the slider (as seen in game)? If it's shown here, sorry! I did try to find it the last 4 times I"ve come here to read. I had alot of fun with the sliders last night.. Where have they been all my life? lol ♥♥♥

I'll check to see what all it shows, though now the new sliders are in.. Maybe it'll show now? LOL Well, though you didn't mean to go get more sliders, I sure am glad I did! Guess I have a slight comprehension disorder.. I do apologize for the difficulties in communicating.

Thank you! Will let ya know.
xts

Azureale, It's Working!!!!!!!!!!! Yes!! It's called "Head Shape" right? I got it in there
You rock!!!!!!!!!!!! KUDOS!! Brownie points for you.. And any & all other imaginary & real appreciative awards! You've got me in sim heaven now.. Not only does this slider work but I have some other awesome sliders.. I'll have to be careful when sharing.. So, starting game with no cc should exclude, right? I thought I read the changes would stay.. I kinda fear it could be a problem if I want to share a sim or a family.. Thank you again!!!

Lab Assistant
#68 Old 24th Aug 2010 at 11:19 AM Last edited by Azureale : 25th Aug 2010 at 4:41 PM.
I'm glad it works !
As far as I know, Sims created with CC sliders work well in any game as long as there are not modified in CAS in a game that doesn't have the same CC sliders. Otherwise they will revert to whatever they would have looked like if you had made them without theses sliders (does it make sense ? lol my English is poor).
Test Subject
#69 Old 25th Aug 2010 at 3:25 PM
So, this slider only moves up and down (vertically), right?

I mean, I thought it could move the sides (horizontally), because no matter how we try their heads always look so fat (or round)... it's impossible to get a straight face and that's annoying.

Great upload, anyway!
Inventor
#70 Old 27th Aug 2010 at 12:00 AM
I'm glad it works !
As far as I know, Sims created with CC sliders work well in any game as long as there are not modified in CAS in a game that doesn't have the same CC sliders. Otherwise they will revert to whatever they would have looked like if you had made them without theses sliders (does it make sense ? lol my English is poor).

Sorry for not coming back sooner, had some busy times here at home lately.. Did I mention we have 5 kids? lol Sometimes they all are calling or around in the same day.

Your english is awesome! You speak better than most of us here in America. lol And I love your sense of humor, by the way.. I meant to say that some messages back. So as long as someone else doesn't try to modify the sims, they'll stay the same? If ya got a minute, this is not important, do you think I can share sims long as I'm not sharing the mod? I'm trying to respect other people's hard work. I'm confused on how that works to prevent from sharing something accidentally. I don't think the sims would revert if I started the game with no cc so that's good for me, but if I'm not to share them modified, that's bad for me. But, them being modified and shared is like advertising a mod, which can be good for a modder.. They can't modify the sim but they can see the modified sim and use them (long as they don't change them). I think I understand you on that if they were to change them, the sim would just revert to original limits.

Now if I could just get my neat sims to stop throwing away real expensive nectar. lol And get some raised floors (like the foundation tool but indoors) like we had in sims 2 & half walls though fences help with that.

Thank you for ALL your help and the introduction to the other sliders.. A nice package together. You're so appreciated!

Xts

Inventor
#71 Old 27th Aug 2010 at 12:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Naiad
So, this slider only moves up and down (vertically), right?

I mean, I thought it could move the sides (horizontally), because no matter how we try their heads always look so fat (or round)... it's impossible to get a straight face and that's annoying.

Great upload, anyway!

Yes, just up and down but if you get the other slider pack he has (discussed in my most recent posts to help me figure out my problem) you can change the size of the head too.. and many other things! It's awesome!

good luck

xts

Lab Assistant
#72 Old 27th Aug 2010 at 7:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by XTS
So as long as someone else doesn't try to modify the sims, they'll stay the same?

Yes that is what I meant. They shouldn't try to modify any facial structure unless they use the same sliders than you. If you are going to use a different "Slider Scale Multiplier" (I only know about Pescado's Awesome Mode which a huge core mod and Twallan Master Controller but they both do a lot more than increasing the range of the slider) by the future, you should also mention which scale you are using to the people you are sharing your Sims with.

Quote: Originally posted by XTS
If ya got a minute, this is not important, do you think I can share sims long as I'm not sharing the mod? I'm trying to respect other people's hard work. I'm confused on how that works to prevent from sharing something accidentally. I don't think the sims would revert if I started the game with no cc so that's good for me, but if I'm not to share them modified, that's bad for me. But, them being modified and shared is like advertising a mod, which can be good for a modder.. They can't modify the sim but they can see the modified sim and use them (long as they don't change them). I think I understand you on that if they were to change them, the sim would just revert to original limits.

Concerning the CC you use you have to point to the link where people can dowload it. I am not sure about what is packed with the Sim when you share them as *.sims3pack files but I would say about everything but the sliders.

If you share your Sims in *.sim file nothing is packed with the Sim (maybe the hair color ?) and people will have to manually download different CC if they want the Sim to look like yours.
For some CC it doesn't matter if they get it or not, Sim will wear random cloth or makeup. For non default skins (and some hair meshes ?) they really have to download the items because the game won't replace the missing ones.

I am not 100% sure about what CC is shared and what CC are mandatory for the game to load the Sim properly but that is the idea.

I can't help with the nectar and building sorry and it would be so off-board here. You should go in the help section of MTS they are really helpful over there .
Inventor
#73 Old 27th Aug 2010 at 11:43 PM
Azureale, wow!! You impressed me with your knowledge on cc. Thank you for all the information!! I admit I knew more about sims 2 but I've always had troubles understanding the details of what goes and what doesn't when you share something and have cc on your pc with all 3 sims versions (including original sims 1).

Since this is Jonha's thread, if Jonha doesn't agree, he'll let me know?? (hint hint lol) If I got this right, just go ahead and share my sims but mention a link to here because the effects of the sliders will be intact after they download (I'd better check if I have any custom hair, thinking I only have ea hair) but the sliders themselves will not be attached to the upload. I've always tried to not share other people's mods but in cases like this, it's like an advertisement. lol If it were an object, I think it'd be more like sharing the mod but this is like giving a taste but saying you can't do this type of modding unless you go grab what I used..

Thanks so much and as far as nectar and building, that was more of a joke to show some crazy stuff that this mod can't fix lol.. I would never attempt to discuss another topic in here intentionally. I appreciate all your input concerning this mod.. Glad I got it working! This and the head slider are the only sliders I"ll be using.. This suits me fine

Azureale, gonna miss hearing your tips.. Was getting used to it. lol You have a great weekend!! Have fun moddin' & simmin'!
xts

Test Subject
#74 Old 6th Sep 2010 at 2:08 AM
Thank You So Much!
Test Subject
#75 Old 10th Sep 2010 at 7:05 PM Last edited by Kytatsu : 10th Sep 2010 at 7:15 PM.
This is a really nice slider.
But since I've been returning to play with the older jobs... I've been seeing this strange issues when the game assign a new outfit for my sims u.u

Since I like those sliders (i'm taking down this hats everytime they get promoted with awesome mod by "editsim")

But its been a pain to do this everytime..
Page 3 of 6