Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Sep 2010 at 11:13 AM
Default Scalp is showing black...
I am trying to learn hair meshing and started editing the amBaldingHair to make it a bit less balding

I edited the mesh a little and then painted the scalp alpha white in more areas to allow more hair to show through. Now my sim has a black scalp.

Any advice on how to fix this? See image.

http://www.modyourpanties.com/image...217-whyyyyy.jpg

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Advertisement
Sockpuppet
#2 Old 9th Sep 2010 at 1:33 PM
Almost looks like a normal issue...
Did you turn off autosmooth in Milkshape before you started?
Its in the groups tab.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#3 Old 9th Sep 2010 at 1:56 PM
You don't mess with normals on the scalp, Bloom - it's automatically added and is a default mesh.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Sockpuppet
#4 Old 9th Sep 2010 at 2:38 PM
srry, didn't know...
Theorist
#5 Old 9th Sep 2010 at 8:33 PM
I've had this problem too when dealing with EA hairs, to me it looks as if you broke a link to the scalp texture, when you load a hair into CTU or TSRW (Well at least on TSRW for sure, I don't use CTU for hairs ever....) you should replace the textures before you export otherwise they won't be included.

Did you make a new package using DABOOBS or just replace stuff in CTU/TSRW? Making a new package should fix the problem and you can replace the scalp texture easier.

Did that work? It's possible that it's because of the actual image but when I had a black scalp a broken link was the problem....

Hi I'm Paul!
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
Original Poster
#6 Old 10th Sep 2010 at 1:05 PM
Hi Robodl, I used CTU..... I will have a shot at daboobs, see if that works. At the moment the ONLY changed files are the scalp and a few fddles about with the mesh.

I will report back

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Inventor
#7 Old 14th Sep 2010 at 1:27 AM
I had this problem once, I used the Control texture (that was black and had an alpha) for the Diffuse. It was a really stupid mistake, but it happens a lot :P