Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Sep 2010 at 11:34 AM
Default How do I extract the fat and thin morphs?
BlooM gave me a heads up that I will need to make morphs for a new mesh which has had vertices and faces added in.
from other meshes.

I tested this and yes for sure, the top was fat and the bottom was still the same or the top will clip with the bottom because the bottom will not go thin enough.

I just can't figure out how to extract the morphs I need to shape out meshes for the fat and thin morph.

I know they are supposed to be in the fullbuild_0 package, but when I look for them in CTU I only get the normal sized mesh and LODs.

I have looked around for a tutorial for the last two days with no luck.

Can someone tell me how to do this thanks.

You expect people to pay for those hairs?!
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 12th Sep 2010 at 12:19 PM
Use S3PE, not CTU. Copy the mesh's instance from CTU, open FullBuild0 in S3PE, and filter for that instance - then select the appropriate CASP and turn off the filter. Under the CASP will be various resources related to that item, including several blahblahblah_lod1_fat etc GEOMs.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Sep 2010 at 12:30 PM
Thankyou!

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#4 Old 12th Sep 2010 at 1:14 PM
You can also sort by name and find the clothing name, then look for the _fat, _fit, etc. GEOMs. Also, for what it's worth, S3PE won't open game installation packages on my system because of file protections (Windows 7) but Postal works fine.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#5 Old 13th Sep 2010 at 1:39 AM
I don't have that issue because my games aren't installed on the C drive - it's always worth using a copy of the FullBuild files just in case of mistakes, so you could put them somewhere unprotected.

Alchemist
#6 Old 13th Sep 2010 at 3:19 AM
I wholeheartedly concur with that. I copy all of my C:\Program Files... data to a different folder. Doing otherwise is inviting game reinstalls and lost saved games.

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#7 Old 13th Sep 2010 at 12:29 PM
Um... I like to live dangerously? Actually I'm just very lazy.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#8 Old 14th Sep 2010 at 12:26 AM
But S3PE is easier to use for everything except hunting thumbnails .

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#9 Old 14th Sep 2010 at 12:28 PM
LOL, I use S3PE for thumbnails... But find it easier to sort in Postal. Force of habit, really.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 14th Sep 2010 at 10:46 PM
Odd, I found thumbnails to be easy to add in S3PE.

But most likely all to do with what you know which makes things easy or easier.
Keeping this project on the sidelines for now until i figure out the texture bleeding on the boots.