Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Sep 2010 at 3:15 PM
Default Hair RGB mask.
I've managed to make a nice hair mesh, for the second time in my life (the first hair mesh I've meshed was terrible XD), and I was texturing it nicely, but I hit a problem with the control texture (RGB mask). In game, there are 4reclor channels. Diffuse, highlight, root, and tips. Tips, diffuse and roots are represented as blue, green, and red. Now, what color should the 'highlight' be??? I've looked at almost every hair texturing tutorial I could find, but there was no mention of highlights anywhere. Am I understanding something wrong? Or are highlights un-editable?
Screenshots

Check out my blog ! You'll find items that I was too lazy to upload on the MTS XD.

Warning! This is not an English blog! However, the 'Sims3Downloads' section is written in English :D.
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 6th Sep 2010 at 3:24 PM
R = Roots
G = Highlights
B = Tips

Diffuse is just the base colour of the hair and is anything not affected by your control.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Sep 2010 at 3:27 PM
Oh,,..So it was me not understanding the turtorials properly..silly me. Thanks for answering again, in such a short time! :D

Check out my blog ! You'll find items that I was too lazy to upload on the MTS XD.

Warning! This is not an English blog! However, the 'Sims3Downloads' section is written in English :D.