Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Dec 2013 at 1:38 AM
Default EIG failing to save after adding lot
After updating both my game and CAW, whenever I try to add a lot in from Edit in Game, saving fails. I have tried removing all my CC, clearing caches, even going so far as to re install the whole damn thing, and still, even empty lots seem unacceptable to EIG. The CAW save system itself is still fully functioning, but I am at a loss as to what to try now. Any advice would be much appreciated.
Screenshots
Advertisement
In the Arena
retired moderator
#2 Old 4th Dec 2013 at 2:28 PM
Have you tried Saving with clean user folder for both the Sims 3 and CAW, with just the CAW files for this single world and whatever CC it uses?
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 10th Dec 2013 at 12:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ellacharmed
Have you tried Saving with clean user folder for both the Sims 3 and CAW, with just the CAW files for this single world and whatever CC it uses?

Hi I'm having the same problem. How do I do that?
dodgy builder
#4 Old 10th Dec 2013 at 12:26 PM
caw and eig use whatever cc you have in the game. You can try making a new game folder by just renaming your main Sims3 folder and then take in only the cc you need for the world. Every time you work in caw and eig you use the new gamefolder. Then you have a clean game and it only contains the things you need for it to work.

More detailed: rename your game folder to something like "Sims3 old", restart your game and you have a new folder.

Everytime you patch or download a new expansion you should remove all cache files in your game folder and you should also remove the worldcache in caw. If I'm lucky you should now have a link on the patch word to follow.

Edit: that link wasn't very useful, this is better: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...ete_Cache_Files
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Jan 2014 at 1:59 AM
Thanks, I'll try this out when I have the time
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 4th Feb 2014 at 3:50 AM
Well, I've been at it the last half hour, making sure there was no cc and all caches were cleared, but EIG is still failing to save, even on a completely new world. Given that I've all ready done an uninstall/re-install this leads me to believe it could be hardware related, as my computer has been giving me trouble in other areas (despite the fact that it's less than a year old). I'm gonna get someone who knows what they're doing to have a look at it and go from there.
In the Arena
retired moderator
#7 Old 4th Feb 2014 at 4:00 AM
Is the Lot added to the same Layer, always?
Delete that last Lot, add a new Layer and Lot and try again?

Oh, and you got that Failure dialog as in post#1 or it just hang?

Whenever I get this sort of unexplainable annoyances especially with any "System" mentioned in the error dialogs, I quit everything TS3 - CAW, s3pe, Launcher - sometimes just forget it is still running in the background.
Then I run Unlocker on both EA folders in the Documents and Programs paths. You'll find the link to the tool in the Crashing Checklist FAQ in my signature.When programs crash, they tend to still think they are running and "lock" the files as in use.

Since you mentioned Hardware, can the game run otherwise, or you have issues with that too?
So, let's take a look-see then: post Game Help:System Specswiki
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 12th Feb 2014 at 6:09 AM
So, tried Unlocker, no cookie. Tried new layer, no cookie. Tried new world, no cookie. Uninstalled and re-installed again, deleting old files and having no CC, no cookie. The error dialogue is the same as in my original post, and upon closer inspection, the data seems to save, and everything seems fine except for the 'system error' bit. I have checked and my hardware is up to spec, but thinking back, it may have been that this problem occurred around the same time windows 8 decided to update to 8.1. I plan to run the same installation processes on my brothers computer (running windows 7) to give me an indication as to the validity of that theory.