Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#76 Old 26th Dec 2009 at 2:19 AM
Thank you so much for these tutorials. I had gone through one somewhere else right after the game came out and learned some basics but have not used it because new stuff was coming out all the time. Now that it's a has been by EA I figured I needed to learn so I can have things I need in the game (that I can't find on here). The second clothing tutorial has some links to the pictures that don't seem to be working though. I think I can figure things out from the write ups but it makes it harder because I am a very visual learner.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#77 Old 21st Feb 2010 at 12:38 PM
Default help
I don't have the sweater you have in my body shop content... help
Test Subject
#78 Old 12th Mar 2010 at 2:29 PM
This tutorial is quite nice and helpful to a certain degree but I fail at some steps for its missing images
Thanks though for doing this tutorial!
Field Researcher
#79 Old 18th Jun 2010 at 9:26 PM
Oh Faylen thank u, thanks to god you are here for us..
Field Researcher
#80 Old 13th Jul 2010 at 11:24 PM
Default Word Document
Ok so because I was bored today and I was going through the tutorial again because I was having some trouble, I decided to convert it to a word document. Credit is 100% Faylen's, I'm just trying to help a little. If you want it in a pdf, I can do that too.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Selective Recolor Adding a Simple Texture.rar (6.45 MB, 66 downloads) - View custom content

The search for true love goes on...

I'm back and working on some new clothes...check out my work at Creator Feedback
Test Subject
#81 Old 26th Oct 2010 at 11:21 AM
This was very useful :D
Lab Assistant
#82 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 4:49 AM
Another great tutorial that has got me thinking of my own things to do. Thank you for the easy to follow tutorial and this will do me for now until I am comfortable with this one.
Test Subject
#83 Old 14th Jan 2011 at 6:17 PM
It looks like most of this stuff is impossible to do with Jasc Paint Shop Pro. I can't find a "Fill" under the edit or anywhere except the can on the toolbar for "Flood fill". I don't see a "Dodge" anywhere and don't know what to do to take the place of it which makes me very frustrated. Normally, I don't give up on ANYTHING I try to do, but this is so difficult that I believe this is one project I will actually quit with trying to learn. I can't afford Photoshop with all those options lacking with Paint Shop Pro.
Mad Poster
#84 Old 14th Jan 2011 at 7:15 PM
Don't give up, Strawberrygrl78.

The paint bucket will work the same way as "Fill"; they both do the same thing, but one is in the menu and the other is in the toolbar (in Photoshop, anyway... maybe in PSP it's just in the toolbar). Dodge and burn in PSP can be found here.

The GIMP is a piece of free software that does many of the same things that Photoshop does. Another option is Photoshop Elements, which is about $100 (a lot less than Photoshop!), but it still has all the main functions that you'd need for recolouring Sim clothing. That's what I use.
Test Subject
#85 Old 14th Jan 2011 at 7:44 PM Last edited by Strawberrygrl78 : 15th Jan 2011 at 1:16 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by fakepeeps7
Don't give up, Strawberrygrl78.

The paint bucket will work the same way as "Fill"; they both do the same thing, but one is in the menu and the other is in the toolbar (in Photoshop, anyway... maybe in PSP it's just in the toolbar). Dodge and burn in PSP can be found here.

The GIMP is a piece of free software that does many of the same things that Photoshop does. Another option is Photoshop Elements, which is about $100 (a lot less than Photoshop!), but it still has all the main functions that you'd need for recolouring Sim clothing. That's what I use.

Thank you so much for your help. I eventually got the paint can to work, but I had to keep clicking in the area to try to fill it in to cover the gray and white and for some reason it left an area gray under the arm on the sweater in Body Shop. Thanks for the link as well. I came across that myself when trying to figure out how to dodge with PSP, but I think that is Corel and my copy says Jasc on it. I am not sure if they are different, but my copy of PSP is version 6, so it is pretty old. I think it is too old to have the burn and dodge options yet. I even tried to use the "Flood fill" in lighter colors to get it to work and it looked awful. I am downloading a trial of Photoshop just now, but I can't afford to keep it after the trial. I will definitely look into the other ones you reference since I have really wanted to be able to make things for myself and to share with others for years. Thanks again for your help!

I managed to get GIMP to work but now I can not get prints on the shirt for the life of me! There is no hide selection on the layer mask, and when I flatten, use the wand and copy and paste, it only leaves the outline of my butterfly and leaves the box around it as well. When I go to the Body Shop, if it is on my alpha, it turns the whole outfit white. When I have it on the color, it just leaves it that color. Only once I was able to get the outline of the butterfly with the lines of the box from the picture. It is as if the butterfly was cut out in which this is the color of the shirt, and there is white around the cut out. I have been trying to work with this for hours so that I could just move on! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!
Test Subject
#86 Old 7th Jan 2012 at 12:01 PM
how do i bring up the file to paste an image onto the jumper any info i would be greatful for
Test Subject
#87 Old 20th Oct 2012 at 11:42 PM
a tutorial without the pictures is pointless please update or replace it.
Site Helper
#88 Old 21st Oct 2012 at 1:17 AM
The pictures all seem to be available in the first post.
Mad Poster
#89 Old 21st Oct 2012 at 7:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
The pictures all seem to be available in the first post.

They're not visible for me, either. Maybe it's whatever server the images are on...

EDIT: Sorry... what I should say is that they're not visible as inline images. They're all there at the bottom of the post... but that's kind of a difficult way to use step-by-step pictures!
Site Helper
#90 Old 21st Oct 2012 at 7:31 PM
I agree. If it were possible to change the first post, it seems that it wouldn't take too much to fix the inline URLs.

Just change:
"https://thumbs2.modthesims2.com/images9/MTS2_348781_Faylen_page01.jpg"
to
"https://thumbs2.modthesims.info/img/2/8/9/2/7/MTS_Faylen-348781-page01.jpg"
Lab Assistant
#91 Old 7th May 2013 at 1:12 PM
Thanks so so so so so s o soooo much!!!!!! XD I love your tutorials, now I can recolour and outfit my sims just how I like :D
Test Subject
#92 Old 12th Jan 2014 at 10:52 AM
Still helpful in the year 2014!
Scholar
#93 Old 1st Apr 2014 at 1:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fox_DL
Still helpful in the year 2014!

I agree. I use GIMP, but I am familiar enough with the tools that I was still able to follow the tutorial. Thanks!
Page 4 of 4