Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The "CEP" - Color Enable Package v. 9.2.0 - 15 MAY 2009

by Numenor Posted 27th Sep 2005 at 2:46 AM - Updated 27th Apr 2020 at 1:30 PM by HugeLunatic : adding supercollection instructions

1049 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 755 Feedback Posts, 293 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 7 of 42
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#151 Old 9th Nov 2008 at 1:09 AM Last edited by Numenor : 10th Nov 2008 at 2:20 AM.
Default Update
NEWS and UPDATES to the CEP packages

09 NOV 2008 - CEP v.9.1 (More FIXES and EXTRAS)
NOTE: this is an early update that contains only few objects from AL: a new update, containing all the remaining objects from AL and IKEA, and with the updated documentation, will be posted in the near future.

[Click on the thumbnails to enlarge]
  • EXTRA - Bohemian Architectural Set - Fixed and improved (by Havelock): the bug affecting CEP 9.0, that messed up the textures of the Bohemian set, has been fixed; the diagonals for the belt and corniche have been extracted and added to the set (automatic placement on diagonal walls).
  • EXTRA - Club counters - Improved (by Havelock): the same problem affecting the corner of the commercial 'Club' counter (top border of the wrong colour, fixed in CEP 9.0) affected also the residential counters and islands; now the entire 'Club' set can have the top border matching the finish.
  • EXTRA - Bohemian double bed - 'Lost' drapes: this CEP-Extra restores the ability to recolour the upper and lower drapes of the Bohemian bed along with the frame (Maxis originally meant the drapes to be recolourable, but then decided to give them a fixed colour); the Extra provides matching drapes for all the 3 Maxis frame colours.
  • EXTRA - Witches lamps - Fixed + 'lost' colours: This Extra fixes the lit/unlit state for several Witches lamps; for the evil floor lamp, 2 'lost' colours have been restored.
  • FIX - Good Witch Throne - 'Lost' colours: the Throne has been made recolourable, and 2 'lost' recolours have been restored.
  • FIX - 'Security' gates and 2-tile Closets - Fixed wallmasks (by Havelock): fixed the 1-tile Security gate, the 2-tile diagonal Security gate and the 2-tile dressing closets that didn't cut the right hole in the wall.
  • FIX - Witch Cauldron - Recolourable: the witch cauldron is now recolourable (only the metal pot, NOT the boiling liquid).
IMPORTANT - All the Witches objects can only be recoloured in game using the Design tool (because these objects don't appear in catalog.

---------------------------------------------------

Thanks a million to Havelock for the many fixes he created for this CEP, and to Lord Darcy for having found so many Maxis bugs to fix

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#152 Old 9th Nov 2008 at 1:19 AM Last edited by Numenor : 10th Nov 2008 at 2:21 AM.
INSTALLATION NOTE:
The installer should automatically search your Downloads and delete the (now outdated) fixes posted by Havelock earlier in this thread. However, it's strongly adviced to manually check if those files have been actually deleted (if not, delete them yourself).

SPECIAL NOTE FOR THE BOHEMIAN BEDS
After installing the CEP, you might notice that some (or all) the bohemian beds show flashing-blue drapes; this is because those beds did NOT have drapes matching the frame until the CEP was installed.
You just have to pick the design tool, click on them and select again the same colour already selected (you have to click on both icons already marked with a green border). This way, the drapes will get the right colour and you won't pay a simoleon for it

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Lab Assistant
#153 Old 9th Nov 2008 at 8:21 PM Last edited by Havelock : 14th Mar 2009 at 10:14 PM.
Numenor many thanks for new CEP. I have fixed the CEP-EXTRA_ArchitectureBohemianSet to make the diagonals shiftable like the other pieces of the set because it was not possible, also fixed diagonal lods to be in the correct place.

See screenshot for what happened with old lods.

The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#154 Old 9th Nov 2008 at 9:40 PM
"Shiftable"? You mean moving it up and down on the wall like the paintings? I'd never thought of that! I only modified the diagonal so to snap automatically on the diagonal walls: I hope I didn't break an already implemented "shifting" feature...

I got the attached package, I will include it in the next update. As usual, thank you very much for your help

Lab Assistant
#155 Old 9th Nov 2008 at 10:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
"Shiftable"? You mean moving it up and down on the wall like the paintings? I'd never thought of that! I only modified the diagonal so to snap automatically on the diagonal walls: I hope I didn't break an already implemented "shifting" feature...

I got the attached package, I will include it in the next update. As usual, thank you very much for your help

Nothing got broken only the diagonals missed the feature.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#156 Old 10th Nov 2008 at 12:27 AM
Quote:
EXTRA - Bohemian double bed - 'Lost' drapes: this CEP-Extra restores the upper and lower drapes of the Bohemian bed

Numenor, does this imply that the drapes were not visible at all for some people? They have always been visible for me.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#157 Old 10th Nov 2008 at 2:25 AM
You're right, I didn't explain it correctly (I always post important stuff late in the night, you know... ).

The drapes were originally meant as recolourable along with the frame, but then Maxis gave them only one fixed colour. I restored the 'lost' link between drapes and frame, and extracted one 'lost' texture for the drapes (a third texture has been creted by me, so to ensure that every frame had their matching drapes).

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#158 Old 10th Nov 2008 at 2:41 AM
Ahh, thankyou for the clarification!
Test Subject
#159 Old 10th Nov 2008 at 6:21 PM Last edited by Barbie : 10th Nov 2008 at 6:39 PM.
Hallo @Numenor thanks for the Update.
Sorry, some things aren't recorable, The foodstand from AL and some lights from Ikea -Home Acc. aren't recorable.

Can you help me, please?

Sorry for my english.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#160 Old 10th Nov 2008 at 6:47 PM
As said, this is an early release; most of the AL objects, and all the Ikea ones are still missing. I'll add them in the nex update.

Lab Assistant
#161 Old 11th Nov 2008 at 4:53 AM
Thank you very very much Numenor. You are the best.
(Grazie Molto Molto Numenor. Siete il la cosa migliore.)
Test Subject
#162 Old 11th Nov 2008 at 4:48 PM
Thank you very much @Numenor

Greetings !
Barbie
Lab Assistant
#163 Old 12th Nov 2008 at 4:31 AM
Yay! I finally got this to work! I guess auto install did not work on my laptop...
Lab Assistant
#164 Old 12th Nov 2008 at 9:55 PM
Many blessings to my hero Numenor! I recolored the bohemian bed drapes, but the recolor doesn't show up in my Anygame catalog. The recolored bedframe shows, but has the original colored drapes... I've attached the package in case you'd like to have a looky-loo... :lovestruc
Attachments Pending Approval
File Type: rar hwALOldeBedburgRC.rar
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#165 Old 12th Nov 2008 at 11:35 PM
Groovilicious - Read my post #375 from the AGS thread.
Your recolour is technically correct (and visually gorgeous!)

Lab Assistant
#166 Old 13th Nov 2008 at 7:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
Groovilicious - Read my post #375 from the AGS thread.
Your recolour is technically correct (and visually gorgeous!)

Got it! I ran my *full* game yesterday and the recolored 'fabric' portion showed up (glad you liked it by the way ). I promise to do my best to remember the Extras aren't in my Anygame for a reason! *smooches* :lovestruc
Test Subject
#167 Old 14th Nov 2008 at 2:56 PM
I am still having "teddy bear placed in home locking up game" issues. This is on a clean install, no EP's, no downloads other than the CEP. I don't have any EP's, so I can't test with them .It's npt really that big of a deal, I just disable the teddy option, but I thought you might like to know!
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#168 Old 14th Nov 2008 at 6:28 PM
tinahiggins, can you please create an error log for me to examine?

Test Subject
#169 Old 14th Nov 2008 at 10:26 PM Last edited by Numenor : 15th Nov 2008 at 12:00 AM. Reason: Merged posts: 2056988, 2056994
I made two logs:one for when people read to the baby and one when the bear is bought. I've pasted what I think is the business end below. . . let me know if you need more of the file.

[html]Build: 1.0.0.1022
at Sep 27 2005,21:21:56

Object id: 149
name: Stuffed Animal - Teddy Bear
Stack size: 4
Error: Invalid constant.
Iterations: 1
Frame 3:
Stack Object id: 0
Node: 12
Tree: id 8192 name '[CEPX8][StuffedAnimalsGlobals] Function - Init' version -32752
from StuffedAnimal_Globals
Prim state: 0
Params: Locals:
Frame 2:
Node: 0
Tree: id 4096 name 'Function - Init' version 3
from TeddyBear
Frame 1:
Tree: id -1 name 'No behavior' version 0
from
Prim state: 1
Frame 0:
Tree: id 4097 name 'Function - Main' version 3
from TeddyBear

Build: 1.0.0.1022
at Sep 27 2005,21:21:56

Object id: 29
name: Stuffed Animal - Teddy Bear
Stack size: 4
Error: Invalid constant.
Iterations: 1
Frame 3:
Node: 12
Tree: id 8192 name '[CEPX8][StuffedAnimalsGlobals] Function - Init' version -32752
from StuffedAnimal_Globals
Frame 2:
Tree: id 4096 name 'Function - Init' version 3
from TeddyBear
Frame 1:
Tree: id -1 name 'No behavior' version 0
from
Prim state: 1
Frame 0:
Tree: id 4097 name 'Function - Main' version 3
from TeddyBear
[/html]
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#170 Old 14th Nov 2008 at 11:28 PM Last edited by Numenor : 14th Nov 2008 at 11:37 PM.
Thank you, the logs are extremely useful. But that "Invalid Constant" refers to a constant that should be [i]included in the CEP Extra[/b]... I'm puzzled as to why your game doesn't read it.

I see from your profile that you only have the base game: is it true?

EDIT: You're right! In the base game (without any EP), the constant can't be read... How odd. I'll find a solution, but still I'd like you to confirm if you only have the base game. In the meantime, thank you for reporting and for the helpful logs.

Test Subject
#171 Old 14th Nov 2008 at 11:56 PM
nope, no EP's at all. I thought at first it might be a conflict with something else I downloaded, so I backed everything up, removed the game and stripped the registry, reinstalled, and downloaded CEP. if I uncheck the teddy box during CEP install, everything works great.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#172 Old 15th Nov 2008 at 12:52 AM
tinahiggins - This fix should work in the base game (tested with the AnyGameStarter).
Unpack it to: (Documents)\EA Games\The Sims 2\zCEP-EXTRA, overwriting the older one. NOTE: the package is NOT to be put in the Downloads, but in the exact path said above.
Attachments Pending Approval
File Type: rar CEP-EXTRA_TeddyBears.rar

Test Subject
#173 Old 15th Nov 2008 at 2:00 AM
WooHoo! or in this case, talk through! Numenor, thank you. I kinda like the bear, and i love having a game that's not buggy!
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#174 Old 15th Nov 2008 at 10:00 AM
If you confirm that the fix works fine in your game, I will include it in the next CEP update.

Test Subject
#175 Old 15th Nov 2008 at 12:30 PM
I haven't seen any problems yet. I'll test it in every scenario I can think of to make sure and let you know later today.
Page 7 of 42