Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Nov 2016 at 11:36 AM
Default Questions Regarding 2-Sim Socials + Custom Interactions + Custom Animations...
Has anyone created 2-Sim Socials with custom interactions and custom animations?
In Sims 3, the method was essential focused around jazz, the script, and employed the two sim social rig (which made rigging a LOT easier).
How similar is Sims 4 to Sims 3 in this regard?
Also, if you have a completed custom interaction with all three, can you point me to its location if available?
And last, if there is already a tutorial covering 2-Sim Socials with custom interactions and custom animations, could someone please point me there?
Thanks for any help rendered! Everyone's time, even if you just read this post and didn't have an answer, is greatly appreciated.
~Clang
Advertisement
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#2 Old 13th Nov 2016 at 12:12 PM
I'd be very surprised...

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Test Subject
#3 Old 13th Nov 2016 at 12:18 PM
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 17th Nov 2016 at 2:49 AM
I'm trying to make interactions with custom animations myself. I'll try it if i can, i don't think there's a 2 Sim Social rig for TS4 though.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Nov 2016 at 1:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ZeroG667
I'm trying to make interactions with custom animations myself. I'll try it if i can, i don't think there's a 2 Sim Social rig for TS4 though.

You're right. There is a rig that is used but it has another name. I found it the other day just before work, I will have to look it up again.
It's set up differently than the Sim 3 rig too. Sim 3 rig had 2 slots. I think this may have more and can be approached from different angles by the sims no matter which way it's oriented (this might be totally wrong. I really didn't have a lot of time to look at the code.)
As soon as i find it, I will post it's call here.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 22nd Nov 2016 at 4:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by clang2
You're right. There is a rig that is used but it has another name. I found it the other day just before work, I will have to look it up again.
It's set up differently than the Sim 3 rig too. Sim 3 rig had 2 slots. I think this may have more and can be approached from different angles by the sims no matter which way it's oriented (this might be totally wrong. I really didn't have a lot of time to look at the code.)
As soon as i find it, I will post it's call here.

Thank you. I tried creating a custom animation, but it didn't seem to work.
I have a JAZZ file, XML file and CLIP file. Does anybody know if i'm missing something? I know how to make an override, of course, but creating a custom animation doesn't seem to work. Maybe i'm missing a file.
Instructor
#7 Old 10th Feb 2017 at 8:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ZeroG667
Thank you. I tried creating a custom animation, but it didn't seem to work.
I have a JAZZ file, XML file and CLIP file. Does anybody know if i'm missing something? I know how to make an override, of course, but creating a custom animation doesn't seem to work. Maybe i'm missing a file.

Have you added the social mixer to the snippet and the super interaction to the Object Sim itself ?