Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Feb 2017 at 4:33 PM
Default Ways to apply a trait to all sims?
Hi! I'm slowly getting into Sims 4 modding. I started with Zerbu's Mod Constructor v2 tool, and have been expanding into things like editing xml files and packaging them with s4pe.

Two biggish mods I've been making are mainly about giving new moodlets to sims based on conditions. I've been using Mod Constructor to do this, with all the new moodlets ultimately caused by a new trait, and I've been getting that trait onto sims using the 'create reward resource' within Mod Constructor, and an objective that should always be true (having 0 or greater cash).

This has for the most part worked, and I'm happy with how the mods are turning out, one of them I've been happily using myself for about a month and am almost ready to release it. The problems are that I think this reward method only works for currently played sims, and also that it is sometimes failing to give certain currently played sims the trait, and I don't know why.

So I'm wondering if there are other ways I could be doing this. I know Mod Constructor isn't really intended for this, and is more made for CAS personality traits, but I wouldn't be able to make all these effects without a tool like that. So I think I need a way to apply my custom hidden trait to all sims. Are there any ways I could do that with Real Modding(tm) if I learn some more things?