Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Feb 2017 at 2:22 PM
Default Sims 3 compatibility with integrated graphics
Hi, i'm new here. I'm getting a new pc for my graduation, and i want to see if these specs are good enough for sims 3 + 3-4 eps. Also see if pc is good for sims 2 ultimate collection. Any advice would be appreciated.

Prcoessor: Intel i3-4170 3.7 GHz LGA1150
Motherboard: Asus H81M-A LGA1150 H61 DDR3 AVL uATX
Memory: Kingston KVR16N11S8/4 1600MHz DDR3 PC3-12800 DIMM
Videocard: BUILT IN
Case: Trendsonic FC-M105M Miracle w/ 600watts Power Supply
Power Supply: Bundled
Keyboard & Mouse: A4TECH KRS-8572 USB
Monitor: AOC E2070SWN 19.5 WLED Monitor Black
Speaker: Vortex DX0555 USB Speaker Black.
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 26th Feb 2017 at 5:12 PM
You'll also need to let us know what kind of build in graphics processor it has.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 26th Feb 2017 at 6:25 PM
I say never play this on a Built In GPU, it may burn down in fire

I am MOHAAPlayer on Discord
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 26th Feb 2017 at 9:30 PM
Depends on the integrated chip - some can, some can't.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 28th Feb 2017 at 12:41 PM
When i search it, it says it's 4gb of ram but i'm not sure. I have played the game before on an i5 and 8gb of ram. The minimum requirements say that it could probably work but idk. Also, about what kind of graphics it has, it didnt say what kind of integrated graphics. It's a list of specs for a "buy and then the staff will assemble it for you pc". The price for all of these specs are $400. Should i get an extra 1GB video card for $50? Thanks.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 28th Feb 2017 at 1:53 PM
also please tell me if the crusher by pcmasterrace could work too.
Instructor
#9 Old 28th Feb 2017 at 4:38 PM Last edited by PapaEmy : 28th Feb 2017 at 4:56 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by simmingn00b
Hi, i'm new here. I'm getting a new pc for my graduation, and i want to see if these specs are good enough for sims 3 + 3-4 eps. Also see if pc is good for sims 2 ultimate collection. Any advice would be appreciated.

I say for TS3, that's good enough..

1. Your Processor: Intel i3-4170 3.7 GHz LGA1150 --> You'll have integrated graphic Intel HD 4600, that's not bad for TS3

2. Your Motherboard: Asus H81M-A LGA1150 H61 DDR3 AVL uATX --> Your motherboard support SATA III 6Gb/s, make sure your hard drive is at least 72000rpm SATA III compatible or you can go with SSD for even better performance.

3. Your Memory: Kingston KVR16N11S8/4 1600MHz DDR3 PC3-12800 DIMM --> This is 4Gb RAM Module/stick, buy the 8GB module/stick if you want to safe time and money as your motherboard maximum RAM capacity is 2x8GB

4. Your Case/PSU: Trendsonic FC-M105M Miracle w/ 600watts Power Supply --> You'll have more power than you need for integrated graphic setup, why not buy discrete graphic card as well as your PSU are strong enough to support it.

Recommendation: Whatever you choose to build your rig, stay away from TS3 1.69, get TS3 1.67 version instead

PS (Edited): As for graphic compatibility for TS3 (whether your TS3 1.67 or 1.69), for Intel HD.. anything newer than the 3rd Core i3/5/7 generation, or for Nvidia graphics.. anything newer than the 400 (or some 500) series, and for Radeon HD graphics.. anything newer than the HD 7000 series, all need to be adjusted or manual setup for TS3 recognizes them properly to get the best of them in running TS3.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 28th Feb 2017 at 6:37 PM
Ok, your PC won't burn down in fire but the game will still run no where near as good as if you had a GPU

I am MOHAAPlayer on Discord
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#12 Old 28th Feb 2017 at 8:31 PM
I would put down the money for the GPU if you can, you'll get much better game performance. You also have the option of using integrated for now, and buying a GPU further down the line and installing it yourself. Just make sure, if you plan to do that, that your PSU has enough spare wattage to support the GPU (A 600w one should be fine).

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 1st Mar 2017 at 5:07 AM
Too little RAM, indeed. 4, it's just not enough. 8, definitely good enough for The Sims.
And no GPU, that's a mortal sin. And what's more, it's horrid. You deserve better than HD Graphics. Hell, everyone does. HD Graphics are the work of the devil.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#14 Old 1st Mar 2017 at 11:35 AM
4gb ram can be enough for the sims. You do have virtual memory, its just not as fast.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 1st Mar 2017 at 5:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by christmas fear
4gb ram can be enough for the sims.

What Nitromon said. Can be, but it won't be. I can recommend 8, but even then it's not gonna be very future-proofed.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 1st Mar 2017 at 6:11 PM
@Op : if you have only the base game and the oldest add-ons (released before Generations), and if you don't raise graphical settings too high, why not. But if you have EPs such as Pets and / or Seasons, you'll slowly kill your computer, even on low graphics. Personal experience.
You'll run out of memory with 4 GB anyway.
If ever you can have a better PC, I'd say buy a better PC.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 2nd Mar 2017 at 1:08 AM
My old desktop computer experienced overheating many times with some games, the above included, before I eventually replaced it, so... I've learned to sometimes be extra cautious.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 2nd Mar 2017 at 11:24 AM
Thanks so much guys! btw, the graphics card the brand was "zotac" idk what that is. And on the version, I have the digital download, but on steam. I actually have 8gb ram extra from my old pc. It has i5 but it just recently broke. Plus, as a preteen, this is the first pc i'm ever going to build and own myself. (I had to hog my dad's pc that he never uses anymore.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#22 Old 2nd Mar 2017 at 11:27 AM
@candyd i only have ambitions & generations on steam. Im planning to get island paradise though.
Instructor
#23 Old 2nd Mar 2017 at 12:21 PM
btw, the graphics card the brand was "zotac" idk what that is...

Zotac is fine, there's a lot of brand for graphic cards on the market.., you can choose which one you like according to your budget, but just make sure the one you choose will be alright with the 600W PSU you're running, make sure your PSU doesn't lack of power with the graphic card you're buying, otherwise it may damage the graphic card or some other devices you have.

I actually have 8gb ram extra from my old pc. It has i5 but it just recently broke..

Can you be more specific how it's broke? Was it the RAM or the i5 that broke? If it's the RAM, usually most of the RAM today has lifetime warranty, you can claim its warranty if it's broken, and if the RAM is DDR3 (8gb stick), then it's usable for your Asus H81M-A mobo, you'll just need to add another identical one to make them dual channels setup with your mobo.

And as for your Core i5 processor, it's rare case that a processor chip is broken, if a processor broken usually was because of overheating but even if that's the case most of the motherboards have protection to prevent the processor getting burnt. so that unlikely to happen, so if my guess is right, I think your i5 is okay, and if my assumption is right, if your i5 is from 2nd (Sandybridge) or 3rd (Ivybridge) generation, though it's also usable but it won't fit for your H81M-A mobo as this mobo only fit the 4th gen (Haswell) processor, if you want to save money because you already have the i5 and 8GB ram stick, why not buy motherboard that fits your processor and RAM module instead? The 2nd or 3rd generation of i5 still good for gaming and daily tasks, you'll be saving a lot if you can utilize those, you can use the rest of your budget for SSD or better PSU for the graphic card of your choice
Mad Poster
#24 Old 2nd Mar 2017 at 1:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
What does this mean? Are you being literal? There is absolutely no way a game is going to literally kill your computer, with a few minor exceptions of course.

Yes there is. I fucked my old PC from 2008 up. It just got progressively worse and worse and eventually the PC just stopped booting. I'd physically damaged it in some way and I'm 99% sure TS3 was responsible for it. I only really played TS3 on it, and outside of TS3 it worked fine right up until the end.

insert signature here
Instructor
#25 Old 2nd Mar 2017 at 1:58 PM Last edited by PapaEmy : 2nd Mar 2017 at 2:13 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
It just got progressively worse and worse and eventually the PC just stopped booting. I'd physically damaged it in some way and I'm 99% sure TS3 was responsible for it. I only really played TS3 on it, and outside of TS3 it worked fine right up until the end.

You know.. most of the cases of PC just stopped booting, usually there are 2 causes that could created that situation, the first one is an early sign of PSU dropping or lacking power (most of these were from generic cheap PSU), and secondly was because of memory or RAM module attached to the mobo position were interrupted because maybe the PC was moved somewhere else or PC room case temperature changes dramatically from cold to hot or vice versa that may caused the RAM slot expanding/loosening, even one tenth of millimeter expansion changed (to the position of the RAM module sitting in its slot), that could caused the PC to stopped booting, you can't even access the BIOS menu, a quick fix to this is to remove the RAM module and insert it back again..

So if TS3 is to be blamed for your PC to stopped booting, I don't think it was because of TS3 at all, the only thing that TS3 can harms your system is the GPU if you ran it without capping the FPS while in game, even when the GPU was damaged because of running TS3 without FPS Limiter, you'll still be able to boot your PC, you still can use it but it will slow down everything eventually, but not causing your PC for not being able to boot.. even just to access your motherboard BIOS menu..
Page 1 of 2