Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#176 Old 11th Oct 2009 at 5:59 PM
It works!!!!! Looked in Resource before but I think that was the previous version. Thaks so much!!!!!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#177 Old 12th Oct 2009 at 6:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lemoncandy
SIMJONAS, curlz, look in the Resource menu.
EBBA, you need a DDS plugin.

Thank you.
Test Subject
#178 Old 13th Oct 2009 at 8:55 PM
HELP

I can't open the file with my image editor...
It simply won't let me!!! What did I do wrong?

please... REPLY

bist du deutsch?
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#179 Old 15th Oct 2009 at 6:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by drsims42
HELP

please... REPLY

bist du deutsch?

Did you install the DDS editor? If you use some other image program than Photoshop, just google the name of your program and "DDS editor download"
Theorist
#180 Old 21st Oct 2009 at 8:00 PM
Quote:

If you have the DDS plug-in installed and you are still not able to open the file, it may be that the file names are too long for your image software to open. I use PSP 9 and almost every file that I export for editing won't open until I shorten the name of it. If that's your problem as well, you'll be needing to keep two copies (in separate folders) of the image you want to edit: one with its original long name, and the other with part of the name cut off that you will use for editing. Once you are finished editing, copy the name from the original file to the file where you shortened the name, then import that back into S3PE.
Field Researcher
#181 Old 23rd Oct 2009 at 5:28 AM Last edited by poundingheart : 23rd Oct 2009 at 5:41 AM.
Default Painting Tut
Hello,

Thanks for this tutorial.
I am a bit of a dummy when it comes to recolouring,cloning etc lol. I worked out the import and export buttons are under the resource tree.
I have clicked on file-open then on the paintinggoth and opened it in s3oc.

the replace button is greyed out so I clicked on clone or fix button down the bottom on the right and then when the progrom changed clicked on cancel this then allowed me to click on replace and change descriptions etc of the painting but there is no start button down the bottom right for me to package the painting. Clicking on clone or fix doesnt do anything either.
I have downloaded the latest S3OC etc .

please help
cheers
In the Arena
retired moderator
#182 Old 23rd Oct 2009 at 6:24 AM
The steps are now more simplified.
  • After choosing your painting, click the Clone or fix button on the right panel
  • Then you'll have all these options and a Start button at the bottom on the left panel
  • Accept the defaults already checked, change the Unique name if you want, ensure the Rename/renumber is checked and click Start

There, all done!
And there is no need to Open (Fix) it anymore, everything is now done in one pass.
Field Researcher
#183 Old 23rd Oct 2009 at 8:00 AM
WOOT
thank u for your quick answer Ellacharm3d.
I will give it a go later

cheers
poundingheart
Test Subject
#184 Old 27th Oct 2009 at 1:37 AM
Every time I make a painting, the thumbnail and description show up in game, but when I click on it to buy it, it is the original painting. Help me please!
Test Subject
#185 Old 7th Nov 2009 at 12:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ellacharm3d
The steps are now more simplified.
///

Thank you, I had (!) the same problem
In the Arena
retired moderator
#186 Old 7th Nov 2009 at 2:29 PM Last edited by ellacharm3d : 7th Nov 2009 at 3:43 PM.
glad it helped, y'all.

@austinf4564, re: thumbnails, you can try either of these or maybe all steps:
  1. remove THUM resources inside your .package file - the game will autogenerate one for you
  2. remove the ..\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Thumbnails\ObjectThumbnails.package - the game will need some time to re-generate thumbnails
  3. delete the compositorCache.package in ..\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\ - the other 3 are not necessary but if you want to refresh all caches, deleting all four doesn't hurt anything except a little bit of lag while they re-generate

eta (I thought of some other things):
- maybe it is caused by the TGI keys too? if not renumbered or fixed 2x...actually, cannot really pinpoint any cause for sure until we know the exact steps you took - default unticked/ticked; included thumbnails or not; renumber options chosen; changed thumbnails at S3OC or s3pe; etc, etc
Test Subject
#187 Old 20th Nov 2009 at 12:39 AM
Okay maybe I missed something but every time I try to clone something when it gets to loading objects it gets to 9% then I get an error message saying the program has to close. I'm very new to this and just wonder if I did something wrong.
Test Subject
#188 Old 20th Nov 2009 at 9:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by blackbow1517
Okay maybe I missed something but every time I try to clone something when it gets to loading objects it gets to 9% then I get an error message saying the program has to close. I'm very new to this and just wonder if I did something wrong.

This applies to me as well. I have World Adventures installed on my computer, I believe that is my problem. Anyone know if it is or not?
Test Subject
#189 Old 22nd Nov 2009 at 4:32 PM
Thank you for this tutorial!

How would you go about making a poster collection with alternate images using the Goth Painting?
In the Arena
retired moderator
#190 Old 22nd Nov 2009 at 4:42 PM
blackbow1517, Master K,
If your game is patched to 1.7 or have WA, you need the new versions just updated today, available here.
[note: not the stickied ones - further below with today's (11/22) post date and they are still test versions]

Quote: Originally posted by NclDanielle6
How would you go about making a poster collection with alternate images using the Goth Painting?

Maybe this tutorial can provide the steps you need to start...unless I misunderstood what your objective was.
Test Subject
#191 Old 23rd Nov 2009 at 12:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ellacharm3d
blackbow1517, Master K,
If your game is patched to 1.7 or have WA, you need the new versions just updated today, available here.
[note: not the stickied ones - further below with today's (11/22) post date and they are still test versions]

Maybe this tutorial can provide the steps you need to start...unless I misunderstood what your objective was.

I found that tutorial but it uses an object that already has multiple designs and a frame. I want to create a frameless object.

Thank you anyway!
Lab Assistant
#192 Old 6th Dec 2009 at 12:26 PM
I'm having a problem with one of my custom paintings. It recently showed up in the family inventory as having been stolen.

The tagged painting's thumbnail shows up as normal in the family inventory with the changed image. When I take the tagged custom painting out of the family inventory and hang it on the wall the only thing left is the wooden frame. The image on the tagged stolen painting has disappeared.

An untagged copy of the custom painting taken from out of the Buy Catalog and put into the family inventory shows up as normal and displays the changed image when on the wall.

The painting is a clone of the Speedinator Marketing Poster. I deleted all the THUM resources inside the .package file when I created the clone.

Does anyone know what the problem could be and how it can be fixed?
Test Subject
#193 Old 9th Dec 2009 at 9:47 AM
The picture I created by following the instructions in this tutorial shows up ingame as nothing more than a brown poster with no picture.

I've done everything in the tutorial (I belive at least) and when I view the img in S3PE it has the correct picture. So my guess is I don't get it right in S3OC but I can not see what I do wrong.

Has anyone encountered the same problem, or know what I've done wrong?

Thanks in advance!

/Phanta
Test Subject
#194 Old 24th Dec 2009 at 2:43 PM
Yay! It worked fine for me, apart from a couple of the instructions didn't fit with the latest versions of the software, but they wern't diffecult to get around.

Thanks! xD
Test Subject
#195 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 10:47 AM
Default Help
Help. I cannot save the IMG as DDS. File!! Please Help
Alchemist
#196 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 11:31 AM
Hi Kyotolim, this tutorial is outdated. There is a newer tutorial here:

http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...t=392299&page=1

that will probably work out better for you.
Test Subject
#197 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 7:48 AM
Thanks Orange. I was wondering why I can't do it. Now I can create my posters!!!! Thank you very much. Btw, do you take requests?
Alchemist
#198 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 11:37 AM
You're welcome...I'm glad that helped.

Quote: Originally posted by kyotolim
Btw, do you take requests?

Only from friends.

OM
Locked thread | Locked by: HugeLunatic Reason: Outdated ... Please see wiki for more up-to-date tutorial
Page 8 of 8