Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 3:17 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions
Default No cc showing up!
I have just got the sims 3 again for PC and have installed a lot of custom content from this site. I created the mods/packages folder in electronic arts under documents but my cc is not showing up. I have patch 1.67.2.024017 installed. So what do i do? Also why is helper monkey no longer nessesary?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 4:37 PM
Were your CC .sims3pack files or .package?
Scholar
#3 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 4:53 PM
Have you also created the config files there, as described in the tutorial on this site?
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#4 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 1:58 PM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
  • Sims 3 - Installing Custom Content
    You appear to not have read our great guides to downloading and installing custom content for Sims 3.

Game_Help:TS3_Custom_Contentwiki This link contains everything you've ever wanted to know about installing .package and sims3packs.

• Sims 3 - Verify Package Installation
    To help you further, please carefully read and follow the following:

First, double-check your setup: These instructions will take you through the things you should check yourself: Package Files Not Working. You may be able to fix the problem yourself using those instructions.

Still not working? Then we will need ALL of the following information.
    1. What is the version of your base game?
      Windows OS: Game Help:TS3 Patching Find Gameversionwiki
      Mac OSX: Find Gameversion#info.plist

Copy and paste the indicated line from the skuversion.txt or info.plist, from the respective locations shown in the Find Gameversion Wiki, which would show you how to navigate to the following path: \Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin
      Quote:
      BG: GameVersion =
    2. Take THREE screenshots... one each of the following locations, with the Explorer/Finder window showing the Details View:
      • Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\
      • Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\
      • Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages

... and attach them to a post on this thread. Click Go Advanced and then Manage Attachments. Or if it says the pictures are too big, you can upload them to modyourpanties.com and copy and paste the links.
      We have a guide on how to take screenshots if you need assistance: Game_Help:Screenshotswiki.

Make sure you set your folder view to Details mode, that you have file types showing (.package, .cfg, etc. on the ends of the filenames) and expand out the Name and Type columns so they're fully readable!

3. Open your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\resource.cfg file in Notepad/TextEdit and copy-paste its contents here.

4. Right-click on Resource.cfg and check Properties. Is the file name Resource.cfg or Resource.cfg.txt or something else?