Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd May 2011 at 12:08 AM
Default Is there a way to stop...
hey!
I kinda asked this in another thread, but I thought I would just start a new thread about it just in case the question gets missed.

I like to play sims that just show up at other sims houses and eat their food/bathe/sleep over for a few days or so then move on to somewhere else, and I was just wondering if there is a way to stop the forced "Go Home" or if I can prevent the sim families from forcing me to leave for "bad behaviour" ?

I know I can make my sims join a family and just unselect them, but I want to have more freedom to just come and go without actually being a part of their families but still able to live there if I wanted.

Does anyone know?

Thanks!
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 2nd May 2011 at 12:18 AM
Have you looked at the available LTRs (Lifetime Rewards)?

You want your sim to purchase the "Inappropriate but in a Good Way" reward. Upon purchasing it, other sims won't care if your sim uses their showers, cooks food, etc.

As far as being asked to leave, just ask one of the residents if you can stay the night. It works as long as the relationship score is high enough.

The other way is for your sim to become nocturnal, and sleep all day (except for work, of course).
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 2nd May 2011 at 12:41 AM
Ah sort of like a smoocher lifestyle. I haven't tried that yet, only homeless. But homeless sim gets boring quickly because there is really not a whole lot to do.

I have a little thing with that "inappropriate behaviors" as well. I have a female sim who accidentally got pregnant on a night out with her love interest. Natural she often comes over the guy's house to spend the night so he can take care of her. Even after she asked to stay the night (or to be asked by the guy), she was often scolded for misbehaviors by sleeping the same bed with him. To work around it I had to "Make Active" both sims very often by switching household (Twallan's Master Controller's Make Active makes switching household a lot faster than going through Edit Town).

I suppose BenC0722's suggestion on Inappropriate but in a Good Way reward is a good choice. However, it does require using up precious lifetime happiness point. Or just to remedy the problem, you can cheat to give that sim just enough Lifetime happiness to get that reward, and to think of it as a way to bypass certain TS3's annoyance instead of cheating to gain advantage.

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 2nd May 2011 at 1:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tomomi1922
Ah sort of like a smoocher lifestyle.

I believe you mean mooch, not smooch.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 2nd May 2011 at 1:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jen&tonic
I believe you mean mooch, not smooch.

Ahem, you .... Grrr... No really, lol, pardon my typo.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 2nd May 2011 at 3:16 AM
hmm.. I will look into the LTR.. I didnt even think it would help but it sounds promising...

I know I can ask to spend the night, but it just gets annoying after awhile... especially with the mod that opens homes up so I can just walk right in without ringing the bell.

Thx for the replies
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 2nd May 2011 at 5:36 AM
While I was out for dinner, something made me thought of another idea: Apartment complex only has a portion of the lot that actually belongs to the household. The rest of the lot is considered public area. Why don't you cut out a section in apartment and put a public room marker there. Nobody will object you going in that area. Think of it as a hotel, another apartment unit, etc... You can even do this on commercial lot and your mooching sims simply stroll in and live there.

Forum Resident
#8 Old 2nd May 2011 at 5:36 AM
That darned 'Go Home' push irritated my when I was playing a bum family too. I had my Bums take over the swimming pool in Riverview, but they were always running to their empty Home lot whenever I wasn't looking.

I'm sure there's a way to squash that, with an xml tweak or something - I'm just not xml savvy enough to find it and do it.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 2nd May 2011 at 11:30 AM
I have some XML experience, I'll poke around in the gameplay file and see what I can come up with!
Forum Resident
#10 Old 16th Jul 2011 at 3:33 PM
I'd almost forgotten about this thread. Probably not a high priority for something so specific and little used. If I had more time on my hands I'd try to learn all of this myself, but... >.>'