Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jul 2011 at 7:23 PM
Default The "When I'm bored...." Thread
I didn't see a thread for this, so excuse me if I over looked!

So what do you do when your bored and playing Sims?

I usually just make a few Sims in CAS, and like make them ultra virtually hot. Then move them into a box and kill them off. How about you?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 13th Jul 2011 at 7:49 PM
I make a family with a super clean and dirty slob couple, one will hate kids and burden them with 4 babies.....just totally mess around so much fun..than deleate
Field Researcher
#3 Old 13th Jul 2011 at 8:03 PM
start a new neighborhood delete all the families in it, create totally new ones but make them all insane klepto's with emotional problems.. and a mixture of some pretty awful traits and after i'm done i'm too tired so i never play my crazy insane world but i bet its awesome in there.. one of these days i'll make the Brady bunch and put them in that world.. i bet Cindy Brady would get in trouble from her dad if she tattletaled on the crazy man next door who tried to eat his face....

Actually I just end up starting lots I plan on uploading but never actually finish them cause I'm anal and wanna make them perfect.. but one of these days I'll make my Crazy Klepto Insane town with the Bradys....

Never take life too seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway.
"I'd trade all of my tomorrows for just one yesterday." Me and Bobby Mcgee
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 13th Jul 2011 at 8:11 PM
I make characters from my favorite tv shows and movies, or characters from an RP my friends and I do, and see what happens. As I've mentioned in another thread, currently I havve fun with Doctor who and Torchwood characters.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 13th Jul 2011 at 10:16 PM
I love making friends and celebrities and then making them FATT.

You can find video previews of ALL my uploads on my YouTube Channel.
Keep updated, and follow me on Twitter! You´ll get the most recent news and goss when I´m making custom content!
---- Have Fun With My Uploads! ----
Scholar
#6 Old 13th Jul 2011 at 10:20 PM
When I'm bored I tend to make epic parties with my custom and super cool-looking famblies. No premade famblies allowed because they're fugly and not vip enuff and I didn't spent hours making them look super cool-looking.
Instructor
#7 Old 13th Jul 2011 at 10:34 PM
Play a stylist sim and play virtual dress up...and then take it one step further and play virtual plastic surgeon.

"There's nothing to writing.
All you do is sit at a typewriter and open a vein."
-Walter "Red" Smith
Scholar
#8 Old 13th Jul 2011 at 11:36 PM
continue making the super-perfect Sim, all skill maxed out. And then I will become bored more than before...

Hey there! :)
Alchemist
#9 Old 13th Jul 2011 at 11:57 PM
When I'm bored and I'm playing Sims I usually close it, because I mainly build houses and I get bored when I have no inspiration

I come in peace
#10 Old 14th Jul 2011 at 2:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TheLB
Play a stylist sim and play virtual dress up...and then take it one step further and play virtual plastic surgeon.

'
Haha I do that on a regular basis! No one in my town looks like EA made them lol
Mad Poster
#11 Old 14th Jul 2011 at 2:31 AM
When I get bored while playing the game, I have a tendency create a bunch of random Sims in CAS and have them move into the town. I believe my maximum population was 400 Sims once, boy did the game lag then. Well, at least their was variety!

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Mad Poster
#12 Old 14th Jul 2011 at 4:52 AM
I haven't been properly bored yet. Playing in rotation helps as you only get to play one family for a limited time before switching. Last weekend thou I did end up bored, because the plans I had for my lady didn't seem realistic any more, so I closed the game and did something else until I figured out what to do. And what I did was move her to a new hood. It's a hood I've been wanting to play for a long time, but never had anybody who could move.

I also have one guy who's boring, so his rotation is usually played in fast forward. He's a hobo who fishes, so his life is not very exciting.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 14th Jul 2011 at 12:41 PM
I play a family I don't really care about and turn up the drama. Affairs, fights, lovechildren... It's all good fun.
Instructor
#14 Old 14th Jul 2011 at 12:44 PM
I create sims and clothes and stuff. When I get bored, I play the actual game...

When I get bored of even that, I get a life...
Mad Poster
#15 Old 14th Jul 2011 at 6:31 PM
Yeah, having a life first does help me combat boredom with the game. I get bored with real life, then I play the game. When I am bored playing all my families, I build or try out some interesting concept in building and see if I can pull it off. Rinse and repeat.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Forum Resident
#16 Old 14th Jul 2011 at 7:26 PM
I tweak my self sim, vain as it is.. she doesn't look like mee enough!!! But I don't play her atm. My avatar atm looks more like me than the sim I have saved, but I've lost the version on my avatar since installing generations and losing all my damn games.. I backed up and everything.. piece of crap.

Go suck an elf...
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 14th Jul 2011 at 11:58 PM
I attempt to make a community lot of some sort, get bored due to lack of inspiration, and then go on the internet again.

Yay.
Test Subject
#18 Old 15th Jul 2011 at 2:30 AM
I usually look at the challenges section of the forum for inspiration. One of my favourite things to do (thanks to the challenges posted there) is set at least 8 sims up in a big house and play Sims Big Brother style. Just watch and not intervene at all and whoever wins a challenge of a certain week (the skill I set for them or a maze, something like that) gets a reward like a pizza and the one with the lowest score per week gets booted out. The best game I ever played was Survivor style. I put them all on an empty lot, just a campfire and some trees (they'd only get tents and chairs from reward challenges) and watch them all starve and complain, fight and flirt. At one point I had my first meteor in the game which hit and killed one of them (saving me elimination for that week, hey it's 'survivor' after all!). Then literally 2 sim days later another meteor hit wiping out 2 of my final 3, creating a winner by default. She wasn't happy though, crying and carrying on... you'd think she'd be glad to be alive!
Test Subject
#19 Old 15th Jul 2011 at 11:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by el_flel
I play a family I don't really care about and turn up the drama. Affairs, fights, lovechildren... It's all good fun.

That's the way I play the families I do care about.

"The ice is near, the solitude is terrible."
Field Researcher
#20 Old 15th Jul 2011 at 11:53 PM
I just stop playing
Instructor
#21 Old 17th Jul 2011 at 3:03 AM
If I get bored of playing, I usually just go back to building lots.

Actually, I haven't played properly in weeks, unless play-testing counts. There are still so many things in Generations I need to try sometime.
Field Researcher
#22 Old 17th Jul 2011 at 8:44 AM
@laceyharkness i spent hours trying to make a ianto sim before i gave up, and by the time i decided i wanted to try again i'd already watched COE and was too sad to have him in my game anyway.
Inventor
#23 Old 17th Jul 2011 at 8:55 AM
@chellekat7 That was almost the same scenario I had when I finally experienced a meteor strike. I made this family that I thought I would love, but ended up hating; so I sold their house, made them quit their jobs and then moved them onto an empty lot with just one tent... and just watched. I wouldn't allow them to go anywhere and it was hilarious to watch them get angry at whoever was able to snatch the tent first for bedtime. Eventually, there was a meteor strike (freaking finally! I was starting to think people were just making it up) and it killed everyone. Game over.
Test Subject
#24 Old 17th Jul 2011 at 2:18 PM
Giga, that's awesome. Next time I'm bored I'm going to try that. I loved watching mine pass out when they had no tent or even better, they'd be so exhausted they'd sit down at the campfire only to keep getting up to complain (rather than pull a random lettuce or whatever out of their bum to roast over the fire). Eventually they'd collapse in a starving, exhausted heap having achieved nothing! I honestly think the most fun I've had playing the game is just letting them try to get along and survive (sadly they're pretty terrible at it!). I've been wondering for a while now if meteors were more likely to occur if your sims stay in one spot (and most importantly, an empty lot) for a long period of time. For anyone who wants to see meteors in the game they should try it. I never had a meteor before then and haven't had one since so I'm thinking that's what did it.