Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#6701 Old 4th May 2017 at 7:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
Any idea on what he's doing and how I can get the same for my sim?

Looks like he's snowboarding on an invisible snowboarding track to me.
Advertisement
Instructor
#6702 Old 4th May 2017 at 9:37 AM
If I delete tombstones, will the dead sims be erased complete? Will they still appear in my sims family tree? As of now I don't have cemetery where to place them and don't want any ghost on my lot either.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#6703 Old 4th May 2017 at 2:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Snowboarding in summer on a festival lot that has a track during winter?

I get that frequently on festival lots or lots with seasonal markers and different objects for different seasons that NPCs use the objects that are currently hidden.
Test Subject
#6704 Old 4th May 2017 at 5:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by miarell
If I delete tombstones, will the dead sims be erased complete? Will they still appear in my sims family tree? As of now I don't have cemetery where to place them and don't want any ghost on my lot either.

In my experience, yes. I've cleansed the dead in an attempt to alleviate lag and it did make the dead sims disappear completely. Thus why it is one of my last resorts for trying to clean up a save.

My latest snarkfest, think of it as the Cards Against Humanity of Sims stories, mostly enjoyable for horrible people. - Killer Legacy, Man!
Top Secret Researcher
#6705 Old 4th May 2017 at 5:27 PM Last edited by Emmett Brown : 4th May 2017 at 5:46 PM.

I think you're right. I was hoping it was something new and fantastic.

I checked the lot, a diner, and there's no festival lot markers on it. I guess my bottom line is that...

My game is Corrupt!

Kinda really emotionally invested in that particular game. Help?

Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
Snowboarding in summer on a festival lot that has a track during winter?

I get that frequently on festival lots or lots with seasonal markers and different objects for different seasons that NPCs use the objects that are currently hidden.

That would be bad enough, but it's a diner, not a festival lot.

EDIT: Found it! A seasonal lot marker on a Diner!

I looked before and I foolishly forgot to turn on BuyDebug, so it didn't show up. There it is. The football goal should have been a give away. So, that's 2 x Doh!

Thank goodness it isn't a corrupt save and just a common game glitch. (Thanks Don for the info that it's a common game glitch!)

See, this world, Neverglade, wasn't mine... I got it off of Sims 3 site and edited it. I'm on Edit 10. I wanted a diner and I deleted the small park but ... Not the lot! I changed the lot to visitors allowed and put a diner on it. That explains the festival lot marker. The small park must have been a festival lot.

Thanks igazor for telling me what to look for!

Lab Assistant
#6706 Old 5th May 2017 at 11:29 AM Last edited by Natrocity : 5th May 2017 at 11:48 AM.
Thanks Lucy I'll double check the spanners. And thanks to barbarat too :D

I talk to myself but no one answers ;_;
Scholar
#6707 Old 5th May 2017 at 12:06 PM
How does the Attraction system in Sims 3 work? It seems that, no matter what I make my sims look like, almost everyone seems to find them attractive. I might find the one oddball out who doesn't get the automatic "You're hot!" message, but mostly, it's just like universal attraction to everyone.

One of my sims was also toaded through Alchemy and needed the Sunlight Charm or a special kiss to remove it. Her (witch) half-brother didn't have the charm yet, but was able to Kiss The Toad and heal her... um, incest aside, is that just what is meant? A supernatural must kiss the toaded Sim or just... anyone?
Top Secret Researcher
#6708 Old 5th May 2017 at 3:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatMuto
How does the Attraction system in Sims 3 work? It seems that, no matter what I make my sims look like, almost everyone seems to find them attractive. I might find the one oddball out who doesn't get the automatic "You're hot!" message, but mostly, it's just like universal attraction to everyone.

One of my sims was also toaded through Alchemy and needed the Sunlight Charm or a special kiss to remove it. Her (witch) half-brother didn't have the charm yet, but was able to Kiss The Toad and heal her... um, incest aside, is that just what is meant? A supernatural must kiss the toaded Sim or just... anyone?

It has nothing to do with what the sims look like.

FentonParkNinja has some mods that change this.
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=492102

It's an XML tuning mod.
It depends upon Zodiac sign (same sign is a plus, not sure if "compatible" signs get the bonus), shared traits, shared favorites, certain traits (irresistible is a bigger plus than eye candy for example) skill level (something like +2 points each skill level) and of course, the only real life one... MONEY.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#6709 Old 6th May 2017 at 1:50 PM
(...)
Anyone can do it. It's a friendly interaction. If successful you'll receive a relationship boost, if it fails you'll get a relationship decrease, bad conversation mood (requiring an apology to fix) and there's also a chance that your Sim will be turned into a toad then, too. (Supernaturals are immune to toadification, though)
Top Secret Researcher
#6710 Old 6th May 2017 at 5:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
... (Supernaturals are immune to toadification, though)

I didn't know that! Well, thanks!
Scholar
#6711 Old 6th May 2017 at 7:15 PM
Oh, that IS cool to know! Though, honestly, I was utterly confused by a half-sibling could kiss her... I know family kisses are normal, but this just struck me as... odd.
#6712 Old 7th May 2017 at 10:57 PM
Why does it take so long to level up violin skill? Guitar is SO much faster, but I can play all day long and not gain any levels in violin. Actually it's the same with that future instrument whose name I forget. I can play it all day long and nothing happens.
Mad Poster
#6713 Old 8th May 2017 at 1:04 AM
Is there a way to turn off the reputation system? I placed three roommates that flirt and woohoo between the three of them, and was able to turn off jealousy so they don't care what happens between them. However I keep getting messages that the Sims now have the Naughty Reputation. Is there a way to stop that? (Frankly they are retired assassins, they have a different set of ethics than most people).
Scholar
#6714 Old 8th May 2017 at 1:10 AM
Well, in-game wise, you could give them the Above Reproach and Clean Slate lifetime rewards. The former makes it so that their flirty actions are pretty much ignored in public and the latter returns their reputation to the default. Modwise, I'm not sure.
Top Secret Researcher
#6715 Old 8th May 2017 at 4:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BlackjackGabbiani
Why does it take so long to level up violin skill? Guitar is SO much faster, but I can play all day long and not gain any levels in violin. Actually it's the same with that future instrument whose name I forget. I can play it all day long and nothing happens.

I thought it would be adjustable in a XML tuning mod. I found the violin XML and it is set to 800 skill points per hour of play. I didn't see the skill level per skill points tho.

And for guitar, it seems to be a lot more complicated. Violin, IIRC, is custom content from the sim's Store. I got it with the The Duke of Bows Renaissance Faire.

If I did it right, there should be a 1.4 kbyte package file in 7z format attached that doubles the rate of skill gain for playing the violin from 800 to 1600 points per game hour.
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  MrJoy_Violin.7z (1.4 KB, 7 downloads) - View custom content
Description: This should double the rate of skill gain for playing violin.
Test Subject
#6716 Old 8th May 2017 at 6:32 AM
I have a bunch of cc eyes in my game under costume make-up. Sometimes I create my own colour for them, but when it saves it, I can't tell what it's supposed to be because I get an image of a sim's whole face, rather than the nice close up images that came with the cc. How do I change my images so I can have a close-up of my own colours?
Scholar
#6717 Old 11th May 2017 at 12:03 PM
Perpetual fire?
My pregnant Sim went into labor while cooking (yes, I really should stop letting them cook on the last day of pregnancy...) and caused a fire. She managed to get it out as the firewoman arrived... only a fire started up again. Firewoman extinguishes it... a few second later, the fire starts up again. Rinse and repeat. Is this a glitch? I sold the burnt stove in the few seconds I had no fire; I also sold the fire alarm, in case that was causing the repeated fire outbreak, but... it still happened. It occured in Sunset Valley.
Site Helper
#6718 Old 11th May 2017 at 4:11 PM
You could try using master Controller to reset the lot.

How do you get a sim to get out of a band? I forgot I had even put him into a band since they never got any gigs, and I finally moved him and his open-relationship girlfriend out to a different town. Unless he can get hired to play a gig at a beach that he owns, there is no venue for him to even be hired for a gig in the new town. I want to get him out of the band.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Scholar
#6719 Old 12th May 2017 at 1:09 PM
Master Controller - Quit Job?

Even without Generations installed, I still have moments where teen Sims get up and the game gives me a notification that they are in an extra rebellious mood... is this just a thing that happened with a patch? Telling me of this, but it having no actual meaning?
Mad Poster
#6720 Old 12th May 2017 at 1:16 PM Last edited by igazor : 12th May 2017 at 1:33 PM.
Even without Generations installed, I still have moments where teen Sims get up and the game gives me a notification that they are in an extra rebellious mood... is this just a thing that happened with a patch? Telling me of this, but it having no actual meaning?

The teens in one of those "moods" will draw wishes throughout the day to do things that they otherwise might never want to do (or might anyway, depending on their traits and other circumstances) -- prank the school, set traps, tell their best friends what they really think of them...I mean, no longer be friends anymore, argue with their parents, etc. There will also be some things that can ordinarily do that will be blocked, that can come as a surprise, such as trying to advance a friendly or romantic relationship. For me it depends on the teen, but most of the time I just roll my eyes and cancel the moodlet with MC Cheats, which is all it takes to get rid of the behavior associated with it.

Are the teens getting the associated moodlets as well? If so, I'm guessing that the moodlets came with a patch around the time of Generations. Even if they cannot set traps or prank the school without the EP, they can still be rebellious and annoying in other ways. You know, in other words, teenagers.
Site Helper
#6721 Old 12th May 2017 at 8:35 PM
"Quit Job" just caused my sim to leave his Alchemy career. Which is no big deal; he was already at level 10, and further "promotions" simply gave him a new earnings threshold to reach for the next one.
So now he's still got that Band tab in his skills page, showing that he is in a band with no members and no gigs played and he doesn't need to keep consigning potions anymore so he has more time to drag his tent around town, train people in the art of Kama Simtra, and woohoo anybody who seems interested for 880 simoleons a pop.

I'm still interested in how to make that Band go away.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#6722 Old 12th May 2017 at 11:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
I'm still interested in how to make that Band go away.

NRaas MasterController can be used to remove band members. If you remove the active sim from a band, and from the sound of it they are the only member in this case anyway, then the band is dissolved.
NRaas > MC > (Sim) > Basic > Band > Remove Member

The real issue though may have been caused by the move.
Instructor
#6723 Old 13th May 2017 at 2:45 AM
Does the game keep track of non-skill books read by a sim? If so, is there a place in the UI to see a list?

Own Grandma's Canning Station? Check out the Canning Station Overhaul.
Like doing laundry? Check out the Infinite Laundry Buffs Fix.
Top Secret Researcher
#6724 Old 13th May 2017 at 3:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Butterbot
Does the game keep track of non-skill books read by a sim? If so, is there a place in the UI to see a list?

Yes, the game keeps track!

You want NRAAS MC and MC Cheats. Just click on the sim that you want to know what they've read, NRAAS->Master Controller->Advanced->Books.

That brings up a dialog with:
Alchemy Recipes
Change Known Songs.
General/Written Books.
Recipes
Toddler Books.

You can sort by Title (labeled "Option"). Select the title and it toggles from a value of "Knows" to blank (unknown) or visa versa.

It's NRAAS tho, not part of EA. So... it's better.
Scholar
#6725 Old 13th May 2017 at 9:18 AM
The teens in one of those "moods" will draw wishes throughout the day to do things that they otherwise might never want to do (or might anyway, depending on their traits and other circumstances) -- prank the school, set traps, tell their best friends what they really think of them...I mean, no longer be friends anymore, argue with their parents, etc. There will also be some things that can ordinarily do that will be blocked, that can come as a surprise, such as trying to advance a friendly or romantic relationship. For me it depends on the teen, but most of the time I just roll my eyes and cancel the moodlet with MC Cheats, which is all it takes to get rid of the behavior associated with it.

Are the teens getting the associated moodlets as well? If so, I'm guessing that the moodlets came with a patch around the time of Generations. Even if they cannot set traps or prank the school without the EP, they can still be rebellious and annoying in other ways. You know, in other words, teenagers.

I know what the rebellious mood day makes the teen do; it's that I don't have Generations installed, so I don't think I should even get the notification about it.

No, they don't get the blue splitpersonality moodlet. Or the red-tinted wishes. It's just a notification. (Though, funnily enough, it did pop up when my Grumpy teen Sim got up with her Grumpy trait moodlet... how high is the chance that they get that for the day, anyway?)
Page 269 of 385