Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 4:27 AM
Default Not able to take skill classes?
Is this something that needs to be unlocked or something?
For some reason I can't do things such as take skill classes, watch the movies/shows/sports games, ect...

Is this a glitch or a gameplay thing?

potterhead
call me bria
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 4:34 AM
The skills classes should be available.....can't imagine why they are not. Not sure about the movies/shows/sports games - are you talking about the television or the rabbit hole shows? Try reading the paper for "this weeks events". That usually tells you when something is going to happen in town.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 4:44 AM
Rabbit hole things... I can't do any except join careers, and (I think) tour the science facility/city hall.

potterhead
call me bria
Instructor
#4 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 4:53 AM
Weird. I haven't had any issues like that.
Instructor
#5 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 4:56 AM
I noticed that movies at the theater are only at certain times but I haven't yet found out where to find the times. I have never had a problem with taking a skilling class though. They cost 400 simoleons too...do your sims have at least that much when you visit the lots with the classes?
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 4:59 AM
The classes are only available at certain time. Not sure about whether it will still shown when you have higher level skills though.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 5:28 AM
Nevermind.
I just realized my moment of stupidity... I don't have $400 when I try to go to them.
Curse these low wages!

Thank you for not laughing in my face :]

potterhead
call me bria
Instructor
#8 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 6:04 AM
glad I could help solve your problem. Don't worry though, we are all still learning as it is all new!
Instructor
#9 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 10:46 AM
HAHAHA! YOU WERE TOO POOR! HAHA! I'm laughing so hard I'm crying.
Instructor
#10 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 10:54 AM
You're mean.
Instructor
#11 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 11:17 AM
A little.
Test Subject
#12 Old 14th Jul 2011 at 12:34 PM
Default cant gain skills
after installing generations all my sims lost all previous skills and they do not learn. i can no longer click on a community building and get the option to take a class, only join career or purchase property. I dont know if this is related but in the c:/ program files/ electronic arts; all previous expansion folders have many necessary files and all seem to contain the same things, but the generations folder only has half as many and seems incomplete. any advice before i start copying and pasting the missing files.
please help