Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#7676 Old 3rd Jun 2017 at 2:44 PM
I threw a werewolf potion at Hank Goddard and this was his werewolf form...
ugh come on image hurry up!
if it refuses to show for some annoying reason well his werewolf form was headless plumbot with hair and teeth.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#7677 Old 12th Jun 2017 at 10:44 PM
Playing a witch who's going to cast a spell in the University House named "Dunley Domicile" or some such thing. It's an EA house.

My witch and the soon to be toad-sim have to go out into the garage, because the house is so stuffed full of things, there's no room. I mean, it look nice, but it has obviously not been play tested and play wise, it looks nice but isn't really playable.

It's as bad as the Goth house in Moonlight falls... no room to move about but very pretty.
Scholar
#7678 Old 13th Jun 2017 at 12:53 PM
This is Evan.
He was born with Evil and Insane.
It fits him, don't you think?
Screenshots
Scholar
#7679 Old 13th Jun 2017 at 12:54 PM Last edited by Elynda : 2nd Sep 2019 at 4:34 AM.

This pillow appears to be thinking about emergency services. Perhaps it remembers the fire they had earlier. Must be one of those 'memory foam' pillows!

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Theorist
#7680 Old 13th Jun 2017 at 9:01 PM
Your teen gets grounded which included "sneaking out" to go to school. If she or he doesn't go to school, it's detention or worse, yet when the kid comes home, the parents scold this child...for going to school... My teenager was "put in the corner" for breaking the computer--I don't even think she did it. I think the DAD did. Anyhow, what teen in real life gets Time Out?

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
#7681 Old 14th Jun 2017 at 5:30 AM
You'd be surprised. I got grounded all the time, which also meant I couldn't do extra school stuff. I was captain of the Quiz Bowl team and I basically carried the team. Whenever I wasn't there, we lost. And my parents wouldn't budge (my dad, bear in mind, was a teacher at said school).
Instructor
#7682 Old 14th Jun 2017 at 9:12 AM
So today, Grim showed up at the youngest kid's birthday party to take the elderly dog. And then he hung around to play the guitar and talk to all the kids.
"I am death, ask me how!
I just....
Scholar
#7683 Old 14th Jun 2017 at 10:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HCAC
Your teen gets grounded which included "sneaking out" to go to school. If she or he doesn't go to school, it's detention or worse, yet when the kid comes home, the parents scold this child...for going to school... My teenager was "put in the corner" for breaking the computer--I don't even think she did it. I think the DAD did. Anyhow, what teen in real life gets Time Out?

Yeah, the scolding/grounding system is so dumb in this game. A reason why I basically disabled scolding.
Theorist
#7684 Old 14th Jun 2017 at 3:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatMuto
Yeah, the scolding/grounding system is so dumb in this game. A reason why I basically disabled scolding.

Is there a mod for that?

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Top Secret Researcher
#7685 Old 14th Jun 2017 at 4:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HCAC
Is there a mod for that?

Here you go: User-directed scolding and other punishment tweaks
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=533906
Theorist
#7686 Old 14th Jun 2017 at 7:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 310175
Here you go: User-directed scolding and other punishment tweaks
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=533906

Thanks so much. This will be very helpful!

Scholar
#7687 Old 25th Jun 2017 at 10:30 PM Last edited by Elynda : 2nd Sep 2019 at 4:36 AM.
Quincy Grime just got a call from er... Quincy Grime, asking if he'd like to go on a date. Out of curiosity I let him go and...

Looks like it's a match made in heaven!

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Scholar
#7688 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 10:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Elynda
Looks like it's a match made in heaven!

Like American Beauty. "This is my neighbor, Jim. And this is his lover, Jim:"

You know, I've heard of this "become one with the art" thing, but I think this is overdoing it...
Screenshots
Scholar
#7689 Old 12th Jul 2017 at 4:42 AM Last edited by Elynda : 2nd Sep 2019 at 4:37 AM.
So I sent Mordecai Darke out to Al Simhara. He trudged for miles through the burning desert to the Tomb of the Ocean Sands, only to discover that he was not alone...

Seems there's no getting away from buskers! Just how much does he figure on earning before he keels over from sunstroke?

Inventor
#7690 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 3:22 AM
It's Winter, and the snow is deep. My Sim gets sleepy, but sleeping in his warm bed makes no sense at all, so he takes a sleeping bag outside to sleep in deep snow.

Another Sim just randomly went up to her husband and accused him of cheating, and she got the betrayed moodlet. He didn't cheat, and she didn't have any traits that would make her do that.

The snow sleeper's teenagers had a snow day from school and he scolds them both for skipping school.
Lab Assistant
#7691 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 11:54 AM
I left my sim alone in the egypt graveyard for less than a minute, and came back to her sleeping in one of those upright casket-things. Seriously, woman?! Why would you do that? lol
Site Helper
#7692 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 3:48 PM
Because they are the Sims 3 equivalent of the Sims 2 vampire coffin.

"Why would I want to sleep in a nice, soft bed when this uncomfortable box is available?"

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Scholar
#7693 Old 29th Aug 2017 at 2:05 PM Last edited by Elynda : 30th Aug 2017 at 2:36 AM.
I'm afraid I didn't get any screenshots of this, I was too busy being exasperated.

I'd never tried scuba diving before, but lately I've been giving Isla Paradiso another try so I thought I'd give it a go. My sim had just discovered Beryl Shoals, so I sent her out there on her day off to work on her diving skill. As ever, when I want my sim to go anywhere or do anything special it was chucking down with rain. Well, I'm English, so I should expect that! Well, I told her to start snorkelling, which she did - for a few seconds. But next minute she was in her boat sailing across to one of the other islands. Once she got on the beach she immediately put her umbrella up and just stood there. Well, of course, it was raining, so why not? So, this was just as good a place as any, so I sent her in to snorkel again. But she kept stopping, standing up, and putting that blasted umbrella up again because, you know, she didn't want to get soaked did she?

Honestly, sometimes this game!!!

Scholar
#7694 Old 30th Aug 2017 at 10:55 AM
I'm afraid I didn't get any screenshots of this, I was too busy being exasperated.

I'd never tried scuba diving before, but lately I've been giving Isla Paradiso another try so I thought I'd give it a go. My sim had just discovered Beryl Shoals, so I sent her out there on her day off to work on her diving skill. As ever, when I want my sim to go anywhere or do anything special it was chucking down with rain. Well, I'm English, so I should expect that! Well, I told her to start snorkelling, which she did - for a few seconds. But next minute she was in her boat sailing across to one of the other islands. Once she got on the beach she immediately put her umbrella up and just stood there. Well, of course, it was raining, so why not? So, this was just as good a place as any, so I sent her in to snorkel again. But she kept stopping, standing up, and putting that blasted umbrella up again because, you know, she didn't want to get soaked did she?

Honestly, sometimes this game!!!

Reminds me of that time I went to Florida. The house we rented had a pool, and one evening I really wanted to go swimming, but then it started raining. Took me a minute to realise that it didn't matter because the whole plan was to get wet. (Part of the problem was that I'm from Ireland, where rain automatically = cold. In Florida they have WARM rain!!!! Very different thing to go swimming in!)

no power in the verse can stop me
ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim
jus nou drein jus daun
Site Helper
#7695 Old 30th Aug 2017 at 2:29 PM
But you still don't want to be in a body of water when lightning starts striking. It's even worse than standing under the tallest tree in the area. Under a tree, you have about half a second of warning before the lightning hits it. In water, you don't even have that.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Lab Assistant
#7696 Old 30th Aug 2017 at 8:42 PM Last edited by WaytoomanyUIDs : 30th Aug 2017 at 8:51 PM. Reason: finally got image in
It appears that the upstanding sims of Sunset Valley have decided to run the gypsies out of town.

Instructor
#7697 Old 4th Sep 2017 at 12:54 AM
Not specifically what sims do but the game itself - every time you install a CC world and miss a plant that's been used, it gets replaced with the giant ass oak tree. Doesn't matter if it actually was a tree, or a shrub, or a flower. I had to go delete an entire field of oaks, because apparently I was missing some freaking grass. It couldn't have been some bg shrub at least, EA?
Scholar
#7698 Old 4th Sep 2017 at 4:45 AM Last edited by Elynda : 10th Sep 2017 at 3:04 AM.
I'm not sure what I originally had on the roof of one of my lots, or how whatever it was got deleted - outdoor lanterns I should imagine. But the next time I looked at that lot there were half a dozen fire hydrants up there!

There was also the spooky old Gothic house I downloaded which evidently needed some sort of decoration on the top of the tower which wasn't included in the download. Instead I found all four sides decorated with neat rows of grandfather clocks. I suppose you might say it was a 'clock tower'. It's late, time I was in bed, sorry!

Lab Assistant
#7699 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 2:35 PM
OMG this thread almost died lol XD My sim was a womanizer and he would woohoo with every sims. After playing with him for a long time, I made his next lady this very beautiful young adult. I tried to talk to her, and I talked with her for a long time, but the romantic options werent coming up. So I went over the relationship bar and guess what I found?

She was his daughter.
Top Secret Researcher
#7700 Old 10th Oct 2017 at 10:30 AM
I'm not sure what I originally had on the roof... but the next time ... half a dozen fire hydrants up there!

Well, that isn't a bad idea -- wildfires certainly can spread between rooftops, and the season isn't over yet.

I'm pretty sure that the grandfather clock collection, arranged in stately procession around the tower, also makes excellent sense. But I cannot explain why I think so. It is really just a gut feeling, in contrast to the obvious pragmatism of the roof-hydrants.
Page 308 of 321