Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#101 Old 12th Jul 2011 at 8:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ani_
I'm not saying just because I didn't notice them they are not there.

Do you have a link to the post? I would like to know what bugs came with Generations.

The problem with not loading the patches is that then you will also never get the fixes either.

The thing is, my game is running fine with Twallan's mods right now so I don't really need a patch. If it's not broken, don't fix it, so to speak.

Here is the link to the thread at the Sims 3 forum.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/377927.page
Advertisement
Alchemist
#102 Old 12th Jul 2011 at 1:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Munchies
The thing is, my game is running fine with Twallan's mods right now so I don't really need a patch. If it's not broken, don't fix it, so to speak.

That's always been my rule with EA patches
Forum Resident
#104 Old 12th Jul 2011 at 9:44 PM
To be honest, I would buy it, install it, but not play "seriously" it until certain mods came out to fix it. I haven't a clue right now what those would be until I play the game and read the forums.

If the time-line in TheeCakee's post pan's out then I imagine it will be written from a 64bit platform and tons of memory (that would be around 3 years from now). It "should" have a lot more features and look different from what we see in Sims3. Note the "should" is in quotes...

Also, it's entirely possible EA (and other software developers) will stop creating for the 32 bit machines in the near future, meaning a certain number of people won't be able to play until they get new computers. Unless there's a way to use 64 bit software on 32 bit? Might be... too lazy to look it up.

My cat taught me how to fetch. I throw the toy, she shows me where it landed, and I fetch it.
Lab Assistant
#105 Old 12th Jul 2011 at 11:54 PM
As buggy and frustrating as Sims 3 has been, I will most likely wait until at least one Sims 4 expansion has come out, to see how bearable/unbearable the bugs are. Sims 3 has been a terrible experience, and it's only with Generations that EA seems to have gotten the bugs under control. It's just not worth blindly leaping into that frustrating experience again.

By the end of Sims2, I still had not played with every aspect of the game, and could have (and SHOULD HAVE) continued playing that for another year or two. This game has been reinstalled probably a dozen times already. NOT DOING THIS AGAIN. I've reached the "fuck it, ready to walk away at a moment's notice" stage. And I was a RABID Sims 1 and 2 player...
Lab Assistant
#107 Old 14th Jul 2011 at 3:19 AM
Aren't there still people who are sticking to the Sims 2?
I made the switch to TS3, so probably yeah. But nothing's been announced yet and with only four released and five announced EPs for TS3 so far, we probably still have a few more years to go.

Hopefully TS4 wont feel like it's been patched together like TS3 does to me sometimes. Some things aren't just glitches, but glaring oversights.
Lab Assistant
#108 Old 14th Jul 2011 at 3:44 AM
Undoubtedly when TS4 comes out I will get it! How could I not? However, I really don't expect it anywhere in the near future, which is good, as I'm nowhere near done with TS3 yet.
Test Subject
#110 Old 17th Jul 2011 at 10:18 PM
I much prefer The Sims 2 because of the wider range of custom content available, but I find myself playing the Sims 3 more.
Alchemist
#111 Old 17th Jul 2011 at 11:42 PM
Guess I'm going to stick with TS3 unless I get a super-shiny new PC.

If you remember me, I'm awesome!