Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Nov 2014 at 3:25 PM
Default O.K. to use Simblender to kill off extra professors for my new graveyard ?
As the title states....I am wanting to fill up a new graveyard in my downtown hood ,and wanted to bump off extra professors.
I know they are npc's, but they're not like Crumplebottom, right ?

I mean, you can move in the mail carrier as part of your family if your teen friends them, and a new mail carrier will generate.
My game also has the cheat "There can be only one professor" , so it was a little weird to click on the Simblender whilst summoning someone else ---- and see that there are TWELVE professors ! There should have been only ONE !
I have all of the hacks to ensure there's only one npc per service; like, only ONE maid ever shows up, as well as ONE butler.

" Inama Nushif "
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 6th Nov 2014 at 3:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tleilaxu3
As the title states....I am wanting to fill up a new graveyard in my downtown hood ,and wanted to bump off extra professors.
I know they are npc's, but they're not like Crumplebottom, right ?

I mean, you can move in the mail carrier as part of your family if your teen friends them, and a new mail carrier will generate.
My game also has the cheat "There can be only one professor" , so it was a little weird to click on the Simblender whilst summoning someone else ---- and see that there are TWELVE professors ! There should have been only ONE !
I have all of the hacks to ensure there's only one npc per service; like, only ONE maid ever shows up, as well as ONE butler.

The game usually spawns two professors per subject. There can be only one professor reduces that to one per subject, not one entirely. So, if you kill any of them off it will spawn a new one for that subject.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 6th Nov 2014 at 3:58 PM
Be careful with the professors, as some of them (Drama professors?) actually have love tags with your sims that are hidden. So, I'd stay away from those. (I summoned some of them on a test lot, and some actually had crush and love tags on playable sims that they've met during young-adulthood.) So they do count as a special type of NPCs (make sure that they're safe to manipulate first!)
Mad Poster
#4 Old 6th Nov 2014 at 4:14 PM
Being dead shouldn't cause a problem with love tags, though.

There is a mod somewhere for non-pervy drama professors.

However, Charity is right. One professor for each major. It's so you can build relationship with them to get your grade up.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Nov 2014 at 4:38 PM Last edited by Tleilaxu3 : 6th Nov 2014 at 8:47 PM. Reason: corrected spelling
Thanks everyone.
@ M.M.A.A.: How do you make sure they're "...safe to manipulate" ? Just curious.

I know you can't do anything with, for instance, the Unsavory Charlatan , but some of the npc's are safe, like the maids.
Thanks in advance !

" Inama Nushif "
Mad Poster
#6 Old 6th Nov 2014 at 4:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tleilaxu3
@ M.M.A.A.: How go you make sure they're "...safe to manipulate" ? Just curious.

For starters; here's a list of NPCs that are safe and not safe: http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Game_gui...e_to_play_as%3F Make sure you read it thoroughly. Other than that, you just have to be careful. TBH, I don't know if drama prof. cause any problems other than... drama.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 6th Nov 2014 at 5:01 PM
@Tleilaxu3
Yes you can kill all the professors that you want to the game will make a new one when needed.

Also:
Quote:

If the NPC is on your active lot and the same type of NPC is needed the game will make a new one regardless of the mods.

IE:If the maid is on the lot and you fire her/him and while maid is still on the lot and you call for new maid the game will make a new one.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Inventor
#8 Old 6th Nov 2014 at 5:24 PM
It's useless to kill off all those professors if your purpose is to get rid of them.
New ones will spawn eventually, like Marka said.
If your purpose is more to have a graveyard that already is a bit filled or pretend it is, you could download cc tombstones as loose items:
http://simsref.tumblr.com/post/8046...teries-download

Myself, I just started with an empty graveyard. Currently, there are fourteen graves, that got there one by one overtime.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 7th Nov 2014 at 2:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
IE:If the maid is on the lot and you fire her/him and while maid is still on the lot and you call for new maid the game will make a new one.

Also if you make a service NPC temporarily selectable (which I do a lot), then the game will think they've been moved in or something and make another one. If you have more than one already with a one NPC hack this won't happen, but if you want to keep just one then don't select them.