Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Oct 2006 at 7:34 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Maxis Content Flashing Purple
I have every EP installed (except Holiday) and this is the first I've seen of this. I installed Glamour and at first everything worked great, then for the past few days I have seen the new Glamour stereo flashes purple only when it is on. I have no custom recolours of this object (or any other Glamour object), and any colour option I choose, the stereo still flashes.

Here is a tiny video which shows it (sorry about the poor graphics, it doesn't matter though because it still shows what happens).
Flashing Stereo

I have reinstalled the Glamour EP, CEP and my Downloads folder, and it still flashes.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 18th Oct 2006 at 7:38 PM
Hmm. Go into start, programs, navigate to the sims 2 glamour and then choose uninstall. Then carry on until you can choose from repair, modify and uninstall. Choose repair. This might work. Otherwise, go to www.thesims2.com for a patch.

NOTE: If it says "Click next to start the uninstalltion", or something similar, cancel it, you must have a version without the options. I don't think that's possible, but it never hurts to be safe.
Test Subject
#3 Old 18th Oct 2006 at 7:44 PM
It's a bug. Numenor fixed it. Here is the link : http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=189949

Quote: Originally posted by skibble
I have every EP installed (except Holiday) and this is the first I've seen of this. I installed Glamour and at first everything worked great, then for the past few days I have seen the new Glamour stereo flashes purple only when it is on. I have no custom recolours of this object (or any other Glamour object), and any colour option I choose, the stereo still flashes.

Here is a tiny video which shows it (sorry about the poor graphics, it doesn't matter though because it still shows what happens).
Flashing Stereo

I have reinstalled the Glamour EP, CEP and my Downloads folder, and it still flashes.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#4 Old 18th Oct 2006 at 7:46 PM
Um, yes, please DO NOT do what TheSimaniac advises - it won't help, and if you uninstall GLS without backing up you'll lose all your downloads and sims. Albiel is correct: it's a stupid Maxis bug just with that stereo and there's a fix for it.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Oct 2006 at 7:54 PM
Thank you so much, that was so fast! I feel like a dork since I check the downloads listing every day. I must have been blind when this was uploaded.
Locked thread | Locked by: simsample Reason: Solved- game bug.