Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 9:50 AM
Default Patches
Hi Everyone: I have recently bought the Sims 3 second hand. Could someone please tell me if I need patches or not.
Advertisement
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#2 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 6:43 PM
It doesn't matter if you bought it second hand or brand new, you need the patches. Besides the fact that it (sort of) fixes (a few) glitches, the patches add new functionality that did not come with the base game, like new sliders, tattoos, items, etc.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 11:53 AM
Thankyou for your response, if I could be a little pushy, could you please inform me how to update/patch the Sims 3. I have the Sims 2 and all patches but the Sims 3 is obviously different. I have searched for downloads etc. but find it very confusing as all I find are version numbers but no files to download. Thankyou in advance.
1978 gallons of pancake batter
#4 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 12:01 PM
fantoosh, please refer to Game Help: TS3 Patching. If you still have issues afterwards, please post a specific help request in Game Help. I have to say I find it quite impropable that you actually searched for resources about patching, but managed to find nothing. Closing.

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Locked thread