Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jan 2019 at 1:58 PM Last edited by Gryning : 16th Jan 2019 at 2:18 PM.
Default Converting 3D-brows/beards

I'm trying to convert the "eyebrowsBushy" brows(only available to ym-em) to younger ages and to female sims, but I'm unsure on how to build the mesh package since there are no similar meshes for facial hair available to other ages and genders. My first thought was to clone an accessory and then manually change all values to be the same as an extracted version of the eyebrow mesh. Would this work, and are there any tutorials for converting 3D-facial hair like this, or is there an easier way that I don't know about?

I've already got the meshes, texture files, and morphs sorted, but I have no idea on how to continue this project from there on.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 16th Jan 2019 at 3:13 PM
You should be able to set the age of the eyebrows to F (1+2+4+8, or pu, cu, teen and adult - you don't need to set the elder or YA yet because they use the adult face, it's enough to fix those when you're making recolors), and the gender to 3 (male+female), and make a recolor. This should fix the age problem when it comes to the recolor (Bodyshop would make new resources for the missing ages in the new recolors).

As for the mesh, I think the meshed eyebrows work with morphs, so I'm not entirely sure what you'd have to do. Could be enough to export the mesh and see what Milkshape comes up with in regards to morphs, and do an age conversion using the proper skeletons. The morphs may be a problem, though. Morphs are very dependant on vertex count and vertex placement, so deleting anything from the morph would most likely make it useless.

If you do manage to sort out the mesh issue, all you'd have to do is to relink the 3DIRs to the new meshes.

Bloom over at Insim made some morphed accessories. Maybe check out their files to see if you can get some inspiration as to how to do this. I know it involves some tinkering in the 3DIR (most of the time you only link one of the SHPE/CRES sets, but you may have to link both for the morphs to work).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Jan 2019 at 4:07 PM
Thank you for the guidelines. I'll have a look at Bloom's stuff and see what I can do.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 16th Jan 2019 at 7:42 PM
Correction: If there already is YA (age 40) and Elder (age 10), set the adult file (the one with age 8) to F, and change the gender of all three to 3, so you get the grey files for female elders, too. When you're done, set the extra AM and AF files you get to 1 (pu), 2 (cu) and 4 (teen) in the age line, and change the gender to 1 for female and 2 for male.

Eyebrows and makeup tend to get two resources per age, one for female and one for male. Probably best to keep it that way...