Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th May 2019 at 3:51 PM
Default Career levels with no uniforms
Usually when I create townies they are based on characters from elsewhere, so I give them the related jobs, before the game assigns one at random. But sometimes they change into their career uniforms and stay wearing them, instead of the clothes I selected for them. Is there a list somewhere of career track levels that do not have a specific uniform, to prevent this? Most lists I found hay the payments, skill and friends required, etc; but not this.

And this last time looking back I'll see my home, for she awaits me reaching for my soul. She calls my name, and waves me on. The fallen one, she stands in flames
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 8th May 2019 at 8:58 PM
not sure if any site "lists" the career clothing.

quickest way to check career clothing might be through a certain Spawn object; I think "Clothing Tester" is in its name.
not entirely sure, but various hacks might also show career clothing.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 8th May 2019 at 9:20 PM
Might be easier to click the simblender and set Everyone>everyday clothes.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#4 Old 9th May 2019 at 10:42 AM
If you use the Visitor Controller, you only have to set it once per lot.
Theorist
#5 Old 9th May 2019 at 11:26 AM
As far as I know they only change into the career outfits (and keep wearing them) if one of your playable Sims brings them home from work...and then it depends on the level the playable Sim has. because the Townie they bring home will always have the job uniform matching theirs. So fiddling with the job levels of the Townies would not help the situation.
So yeah, you're much better of with the other suggestions here in this thread.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 9th May 2019 at 8:15 PM
Pescado's carpoolfix will force work friends into their OWN uniforms instead of whatever your playable sim happens to be wearing. The version in the AL section is dated 2006, so I think that it should work with any configuration as long as you have at least the patched version of the base game.

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/f...r=al%2Fhacks%2F

Quote: Originally posted by Pescado
ANNOYANCES ELIMINATED:
1. Inappropriately dressed friend from work:
Friend is now properly dressed in accordance with own rank.

2. Unloading clog for vehicles with insufficient doors reduced.
3. Inability to load more than one sim into a helicopter at at time without
annoying queue drops fixed.

COMPATIBILITY:
This hack is fully compatible with all FFS hacks. This hack is for TS2 1.0p1+
ONLY, and will not function correctly under 1.0 (unpatched). Also functions
with TS2U v1.0.

CHANGES:
v3.1: Added new helicopter fix.
v3b: Fixed minor issues, cleaned up code for 1.0p1.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 9th May 2019 at 11:17 PM
I had a playable come home from work with another sim wearing the same outfit which would be fine -if they were in the same career, but they are not. The house I was playing the sim is a doctor, the other playable is a politician yet she came home wearing doctors clothing. I hope that is okay, I don't recall seeing that before. I made her selectable to check her and her job was correct, just her clothes weren't.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~