Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Apr 2010 at 7:34 AM
Default New .s3asc import/export for blender problem
I am trying to make an object for the sims 3 with blender but when i export the .s3asc file over the old one, everything works fine. But when i to recompile them it says something about unexpected amount of objects... this is the complete error message:
ERR: Invalid item count 3: expected 6 [vbuf assign: line 68, group 0].

I really have no idea what is going on... help will be greatly appreciated.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 5th Apr 2010 at 7:54 AM
Good morning

1. When did you download you scripts? I made a fix for a similar error a few days ago.

2. If you downloaded your scripts in say the last 3 days, could you please tell me which object you cloned?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Apr 2010 at 8:33 AM
I am so very sorry but i downloaded the scripts yesterday. I hope this doesn't mean a lot of work for you. I cloned ClutterTableTissueBox. I downloaded WesHowes object tool just a matter of hours ago.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 5th Apr 2010 at 5:03 PM
No problem, as long as I know which object to test with I'm happy to have a look.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Apr 2010 at 11:48 AM
thanks ( :
Field Researcher
#6 Old 6th Apr 2010 at 8:01 PM
I've added a pdf tutorial on the scripts topic. This might help you with the meshing.

On another point. I imported teh tissuebox and exported it without any problems on my side. What kind of changes did you do before you exported it?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 7th Apr 2010 at 1:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ceixari
I've added a pdf tutorial on the scripts topic. This might help you with the meshing.

On another point. I imported teh tissuebox and exported it without any problems on my side. What kind of changes did you do before you exported it?

Well I tried to keep everything in the parametres of the tissue box, what I am making is a blender symbol paperweight. Maybe you could suggest a different object to clone?
Field Researcher
#8 Old 7th Apr 2010 at 6:29 AM
Could you zip or rar the .blend file you're trying to export and attach it here? The tissuebox should be fine to clone.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 8th Apr 2010 at 2:52 AM Last edited by whatthestuff : 9th Apr 2010 at 2:45 AM. Reason: Additional Info
Here is the blender file... I cant remember wheather this is the right one for what you want... I think it is... lol anyway you will find out.

EDIT: I am now having the same problem with a second file...
Field Researcher
#10 Old 8th Apr 2010 at 6:47 AM
Thanks for providing the file. It does look like there is a problem. I'll get right on fixing it
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 8th Apr 2010 at 7:03 AM
thanks, but is this a fix so that it will never happen again? Because I dont want to have to ask you to fix my files whenever I need... and I am sure you would get sick of it after second file lol.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 8th Apr 2010 at 8:01 AM Last edited by Ceixari : 8th Apr 2010 at 10:58 AM.
Fix was just uploaded and I've been fixing programs for almost 20 years and still not sick I don't think anyone can guarantee that problems won't occur again, plus these scripts are still in testing as they're still versioned below 1.0.x. We're getting there though by people like yourself actually trying to use the scripts. It is really highly apperciated.

EDIT: Sorry, forgot to add that you may delete the .blend file from your previous post. I don't need it anymore since I'v already downloaded it. Thanks
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 9th Apr 2010 at 2:45 AM Last edited by whatthestuff : 9th Apr 2010 at 7:43 AM.
Ok thanks, I will try out the scripts and get back to you in this thread.

EDIT: Yep it worked, thanks.