Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Apr 2010 at 12:43 PM
Default Black faces after saving in Milkshape ...
Hi,

I ve a problem when I save my mesh in Milkshape with Wes Plugging for Milkshape. Before saving my mesh is ok (no black faces), then I save by "export > Sims 3 Object Export V1.00..." and then when I reopen it in Milkshape I see black faces and line on my object !!! And in the game, they appear too !!!
Why ? Have somebody had the same problem ? It's the first time I have this sort of issue ...
I've made my package 3 ou 4 times and I've always the same issue ... Grrr !
Annoying !
Here are some pictures to show you :
Screenshots

Créa Sims 3

If you find I'm talking strange, don't forget I'm frenchy ... ;o)
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 2nd Apr 2010 at 12:52 PM
That looks like a "normals" problem to me from looking at the pictures you posted. Do you have the Auto Smooth button checked in the Groups section? If you do, try unchecking that before looking at your object (the original one that doesn't have the line already) in MS.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Apr 2010 at 1:10 PM
I've verified and thid box is not checked ...

This is a picture in my game : the black faces are more visible by the night but man can see the texture is not correct even in the day ...
Screenshots

Créa Sims 3

Alchemist
#4 Old 2nd Apr 2010 at 1:20 PM
That definitely looks like a normals issue...you should be able to fix it using the Demon tool or maybe even with the plugin that you have. I've never used that plugin but I know other people here do...hopefully one of them will happen by and help.

In the meantime there are a couple threads where I had a similar problem and people helped me with it...maybe some of this information could help you:

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=394910

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=384914
Sockpuppet
#5 Old 2nd Apr 2010 at 4:21 PM
Looks to me the drum is build in like 3 or 4 parts, then copied and rotated several times.
You need to connect those parts(the verts)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 2nd Apr 2010 at 10:47 PM
Thanks for help but Base, my drum is in only one part (I've juste moved some vertices to make this form). Snif !!!

OM : I love you !!! This was exactly what you were thinking ... I've search and found the Demon tool that you tald me and after some try, ... tadaaa ! It's works ... No more awfull black faces on my trum ...
I'm very happy !

Demon : your tool is fabulous !!! Thanks a lot !

This is a picture of my trum finished ... Ouf !
Screenshots

Créa Sims 3

Sockpuppet
#7 Old 2nd Apr 2010 at 10:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by samelo22
Thanks for help but Base, my drum is in only one part (I've juste moved some vertices to make this form). Snif !!!
:

If it was one part you wouldn't have these issues
But glad you got it fixed