Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jan 2014 at 3:23 PM Last edited by raynuss : 8th Jan 2014 at 3:34 PM.
Default Alpha gets huge pixels...
I've meshed an small house address plate with two recolorable subsets...the plate and an alpha layer. I did it this way so I could use the alpha layer to recolor with different address numbers and each number could then be used with all the recolors of the plate. I thought this would be better than making tons of recolors for each number with each of the plate recolors. However, whenever I try to recolor the alpha layer, when I import the alpha layer into SimPE, the resulting image has huge pixels and looks extremely grainy. I've never had this problems with alphas before and it has me stumped. I have the NVidia DDS Utilities installed.

Is there a way to make the alpha layer to avoid this problem?

Thanks,
Ray
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 8th Jan 2014 at 6:28 PM
You have the DDS utilities installed, but are you using them? That is, are you right-clicking the texture in SimPE and hitting Build DXT, or are you just using the Import button?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Jan 2014 at 8:23 PM
I'm using the DDS Utilities.
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#4 Old 8th Jan 2014 at 8:34 PM
perhaps not import the alpha layer but incorporate it into your png and import as dxt3?

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Jan 2014 at 4:19 PM
Imbedding the alpha in the png and importing as dxt3 didn't work either. Thanks for the suggestion anyway.
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#6 Old 9th Jan 2014 at 4:26 PM
Raynuss - maybe upload the file and we can look at it for you?

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish