Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Apr 2014 at 11:26 PM
What are the Best Hidden Traits?
What do you think are the best hidden traits in Sims 3? Are they worth the effort of marrying NPCs or better to focus on Rich sims instead? Do Hidden Traits get passed on from generation to generation permanently?

My favourites are:
Pyromaniac: Setting fires are boring, but you can transform Apples into Flame Fruit.

Makes no Messes: Since they removed the Cleaning skill, this once seems like a good time-saver.

Can Apprehand Burglar: This would be useful if I had ever seen a Burglar in Sims 3. (I actually downloaded a Mod to increase my chances but my Sims are never asleep at the same time.)

Check out my Legacy Challenge:
Chapter 41: Do Babies Eat Sand?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 12:56 AM
what are hidden traits
Alchemist
#3 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 6:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by keepsims
what are hidden traits

These are hidden traits: http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Hidden_trait

I'm not really fan of hidden traits. Only base game hidden traits have special / unique benefits. The other hidden traits, like Fairy, Junior Mascot, or Asian Culture have benefits you'd expect to have anyway when you earn them (by becoming a fairy or mascot for example). In that case, I like Pyromaniac.

Just call me Nikel
Scholar
#4 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 9:01 AM
I can't say that any of the ones I used are all that great... I gave my male Sim, who was also Brave, the Can Apprehend Burglar trait. I got a Burglar... and he did nothing. Oh, he fought the Burglar, but he couldn't actually apprehend him or anything like that. Waste of a Trait Slot... ditto on Makes No Messes, the Sim I gave it to still made some messes...

C-A
Alchemist
#5 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 9:42 AM
What does the rocker hidden trait do? I mean, what even happens with the children?
Scholar
#6 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 6:31 PM
Immune to Fire, Pyromaniac, Can Apprehend Burglar, and Rocker are my favorite ones.
Instructor
#7 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 6:32 PM Last edited by Luckk : 13th Apr 2014 at 11:28 PM.
I like giving my Asian Sims the Asian Culture trait just so I can see them sue chopsticks.
Didn't know Pyromaniacs can turn apples into flame fruits!

EDIT: XD Dang typos. Meant "use," but for the sake of the reply below me, I'll keep it there.
Forum Resident
#8 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 6:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Luckk
I like giving my Asian Sims the Asian Culture trait just so I can see them sue chopsticks.
Didn't know Pyromaniacs can turn apples into flame fruits!

Those poor chopsticks! There's not even any lawyers in the Sims to represent anybody.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 15th Apr 2014 at 12:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ZenGarden
What does the rocker hidden trait do? I mean, what even happens with the children?
Yea, what does Rocker do? The Sims wiki just says it gives a natural feeling of rock stardom, but what does that mean?

Check out my Legacy Challenge:
Chapter 41: Do Babies Eat Sand?
Mad Poster
#10 Old 15th Apr 2014 at 1:48 AM
I don't think it actually does a Goddamn thing.
Site Helper
#11 Old 15th Apr 2014 at 11:03 PM
My Rocker sim got the -other- song you can randomly get at level 10 after learning the rest, rather than the one everybody else got.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Scholar
#12 Old 15th Apr 2014 at 11:30 PM
Immune to Fire is pretty usefull, and I like the asian culture trait for my asian sims. But I fuess my favorite is Make no Messes.
Alchemist
#13 Old 16th Apr 2014 at 8:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mister_wolfe
Yea, what does Rocker do? The Sims wiki just says it gives a natural feeling of rock stardom, but what does that mean?

I googled it and apparently the only thing it actually does is that a sim with the rocker trait can play air guitar.
That's it I guess.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#14 Old 16th Apr 2014 at 9:15 AM
Now air guitar is another one of these things that are still completely unclear. It's a hidden skill but I have never seen it in action at any time. Nevertheless a lot of EA pre-mades in various worlds have high skill levels in air guitar.
But I think what Rocker does is that Sims with that trait react more noisily in front of the stadium or theatre when there's a rock concert going on inside. I still may have imagined it but I got the impression that my Rocker Sims acted a bit more like Party Animals when it comes to music related idles.