Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th May 2012 at 1:03 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations
Sims have yellowish skin in CAS
Hey all.
So I haven't played in many a long time, and I just went and patched my game yesterday morning. I went in, went to edit one of my Sims in CAS, and she has this peculiar sickly pale color, so I decided to do the only logical thing and make a bikini that matched her skin tone.

I went back in game (increased the *ahem* juggulars to prove my point), and her in-game skin is nowhere near her skin-colored CAS bikini. It is, however, the proper color.

I don't have any custom skins, and this only happened after I patched my game.
Thoughts? Ideas? Fixes? Jaundice?
Advertisement
In the Arena
retired moderator
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th May 2012 at 1:17 PM
I have 1.33, but I don't have any of the other "symptoms" listed in the Superpatcher thread, and I have 17 files in the Collections folder.
In the Arena
retired moderator
#4 Old 5th May 2012 at 2:50 PM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
  • General - Post System Specs
    We need more information before we can help with your issue.
    • Please post a Quick summary of your System Specs
      Instructions on finding them are here: Game Help:System Specswiki.
    Please Do NOT post your complete DxDiag report in your thread.

You have Late Night? And how did you reach 1.33? Was 1.31 and/or 1.32 ever installed? If you have 17 collections, I guess 1.32 is not the root cause as some has speculate. Plus I believed this happened from 1.31 onwards IIRC. I also can't recall if this was ever resolved. Just this Sim in CAS or any Sim? Only happens in CAS and not in gameplay? Or in gameplay as well? If just CAS, it is not such a big issue right, if the same does not affect skins during gameplay?

Threads at the official forums regarding this.
- http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/522451.page
- http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/507566.page

What graphics do you have? Please post Specs.
Have you tried reinstalling? Or tweaking Sims Details in options (if the CPU can handle the extra strain).