Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd May 2017 at 7:42 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Quick question regarding SP mods
Hi guys,

A quick question on story progression mods generally. So if I'm using Awesomemod or Nraas SP mod, do the Advanced Demographics Options in the game's options menu matter? Do I have to turn Story Progression "on" in that menu in order for these mods to work (or do I need to turn it off, or not matter)? Also, do the population control options matter?

Also, for Awesomemod, do I still need to put d3dx9_31.dll into the game's installation folder?

Thanks!
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 3rd May 2017 at 1:40 PM
If you are using Awesome Mod, it turns off the EA Story Progression, so no. The settings for the EA story progression will not matter. As I recall, AM does automatically turn off the EA Story progression if you are using Awesome Mod's Story progression, so it doesn't matter if you forgot to turn it off yourself. The only Story progression settings which matter are the ones in Awesome Mod.

And definitely no. You do not need the d3dx9_31.dll in the game's installation folder. That was the old way of installing CC, but they never changed the instructions when EA finally gave us an official way to add package files. Drop Awesome Mod into your Mods/Packages folder like you do with any other mod, and make sure you don't have any of the old framework setup.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th May 2017 at 5:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
If you are using Awesome Mod, it turns off the EA Story Progression, so no. The settings for the EA story progression will not matter. As I recall, AM does automatically turn off the EA Story progression if you are using Awesome Mod's Story progression, so it doesn't matter if you forgot to turn it off yourself. The only Story progression settings which matter are the ones in Awesome Mod.

And definitely no. You do not need the d3dx9_31.dll in the game's installation folder. That was the old way of installing CC, but they never changed the instructions when EA finally gave us an official way to add package files. Drop Awesome Mod into your Mods/Packages folder like you do with any other mod, and make sure you don't have any of the old framework setup.

Thanks a lot for the reply

About Awesomemod, is there any setting regarding the Story Progression it uses?
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 4th May 2017 at 12:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jelf
About Awesomemod, is there any setting regarding the Story Progression it uses?

There is an AwesomeMod Configuration Tool available for download in the same post as the mod itself, where you can adjust the settings for Awesome Mod, if that's what you mean.

Regarding NRaas Story Progression, once turned on via the mods own in-game settings menu, it also automatically disables EA Story Progression, regardless of the setting in the Game Options. :-)