Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th May 2017 at 1:28 AM
Default Can I use mods to combine specifics from different EPs?
This may or may not be a complicated question, the answer may already be here but I've exhausted my search (may be using wrong searches) and I'm not sure if I'm in the right place. Apologies all around.

I'm trying to recreate a favorite tv show. I want two wizards who work as private detectives who live in the city and travel the world. I have the Base game and WA, and I'm waiting on my Late Night, Supernatural and Ambitions to be delivered.

Late Night - Create city with lots, CC, etc - check.
Supernatural - Two wizards - check.
Ambitions - Private detectives with Mods allowing them to wear their own clothes, etc - check.
World Adventures - travel, etc - check.

Are there Mods that will allow me to do all of this, especially WITHOUT having to start at the very, very beginning and having the Sims advance from cop to police detective to private detective, etc? And be wizards? And travel as wizard detectives? Is this too much?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 26th May 2017 at 2:09 AM
Make two wizards in CAS, and use Late Night for their base/home lot. You can use the Private Investigator profession (click the police station, choose "Join Investigator Profession") for them to start out as detectives, and they'll start out solving mysteries. Then you can make them go on holidays with the maps in WA, and solve mysteries there, using the built-in running around and solving mysteries from the task board thingy.

Here's more on the private investigator track:
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/c...nvestigator.php
Alchemist
#3 Old 27th May 2017 at 8:38 PM
Well, you've pretty much nailed it, @dianebk2003. If you don't want your sims to be "proper" detectives and have a 9-5 job instead, you can have them pursue the Special Agent branch of the Police career. But I think the profession path (Private Eye from Ambitions) is better, as it allows you more freedom with your time i.e. you can choose to ignore tasks and your work performance will remain static, whereas you'd lose work performance and be demoted in the Police career.

Oh, and you can edit sims' career outfits to whatever you want, regardless of career -- provided the clothes are enabled for the Career category, of course

I don't have any sims in professions right now, but I think that enabling TCE allows you to drag a sim's performance meter manually, which can help with avoiding the grind of the early levels. IIRC it only works for Ambitions professions, not rabbithole careers.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!