Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jun 2017 at 8:44 PM Last edited by usednamer : 13th Jun 2017 at 8:55 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default I Can't Control my Sims after Returning from France
I've read about many bugs with the World Adventures expansion pack, ie. Sims can't return home, sims disappear when reaching France/China/Egypt, etc. I've never encountered this issue before, and I've been using this expansion pack since it was released.

In my game, I have already traveled to France and everything was fine. No issues, no disappearing Sims, all was in order. A year in Sim time passed and I traveled to France again for a planned 8 days. I did all I could there and eventually got missions that required me to travel to Egypt. I ended my vacation 3 days early and traveled home with all of my Sims.

Now that I am in my neighbourhood, my camera was automatically at my house rather than at the edge of the map where all of my Sims should be standing. The icons that let you switch between sims are blank and don't show my Sims' faces -- even the cat's face is missing in the box. I tried clicking on the box to switch between Sims and now they're all just highlighted as if I'm controlling them (all at once). I've tried using /resetsim * and nothing happened. My neighbourhood's world map seems to be affected by this as well, since I went into it I could see my house's first story through the map rather than the whole house (like it is supposed to be on the world map) and all of the icons labeling community lots and such have disappeared. I cannot interact with anything.

I want to note that my Sims were not staying at a vacation home, they were staying at base camp.

I've been reading about this glitch and there doesn't seem to be a solution to this as far as I can find; but I also didn't seem to find any reported issue similar to mine online (not saying I'm the only person who's had this, but saying there isn't much information on this specific side of the glitch).

I do have a previous save file an hour prior to returning home, but it's a save at the beginning of my trip in France, and I am not sure that would solve the issue since I would already be in France. Another save I have before that is two hours prior to be returning home, but I'm really hoping I do not have to resort to this.

If anyone could offer any help on this issue, it would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

UPDATE: I just tried to restore the save file I had made an hour earlier to returning home and the second I pressed play 2/3 Sims disappeared completely as well as their boxed on the left side and both had a significant amount of ErrorTap messages about them. The remaining Sim's box was still there, but he disappeared into the ground and I couldn't control him either. I tried resetsim * again and nothing changed.

I never encountered this many problems until I installed ErrorTap and Overwatch yesterday, and I was told that they're meant to help keep your game from glitching or crashing. Should I uninstall these mods? Could this be what the issue is? They're the latest releases of the mods, so I'm not sure why I'm encountering all of these issues.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 13th Jun 2017 at 11:12 PM
NRaas Traveler would indeed be the mod to use for traveling situations that fixes some issues on EA's Core, but its highly advised to have it installed prior going on a Vacation, so the personal data of your traveling Sims homeworld-situation can be stored somewhere within the game files.

Loading a save of a vacation-destination and trying to fix an EA-bug, by adding Traveler or Overwatch or ErrrorTrap (or any combination of these mods), might already be to late. I can't think (IMO) of any reason why you would add Overwatch/ErrorTrap otherwise during a progressed game and while loading a vacation-save, though its a strange EA-Game after all.

You can try removing those mods, refresh your caches, load up your vacation save and cross your fingers so that they return home safe with everything working.

If it doesn't work try reverting back to a backup save prior your Sims traveling (if you stored such save), add those mods as written above and enjoy traveling with less chance that your game breaks.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 14th Jun 2017 at 6:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by stevset
NRaas Traveler would indeed be the mod to use for traveling situations that fixes some issues on EA's Core, but its highly advised to have it installed prior going on a Vacation, so the personal data of your traveling Sims homeworld-situation can be stored somewhere within the game files.

Loading a save of a vacation-destination and trying to fix an EA-bug, by adding Traveler or Overwatch or ErrrorTrap (or any combination of these mods), might already be to late. I can't think (IMO) of any reason why you would add Overwatch/ErrorTrap otherwise during a progressed game and while loading a vacation-save, though its a strange EA-Game after all.

You can try removing those mods, refresh your caches, load up your vacation save and cross your fingers so that they return home safe with everything working.

If it doesn't work try reverting back to a backup save prior your Sims traveling (if you stored such save), add those mods as written above and enjoy traveling with less chance that your game breaks.

I went ahead and uninstalled the mods and everything is working fine now. Would you recommend that I reinstall them?
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 14th Jun 2017 at 12:53 PM
On occasion when loading up the homeworld after a vacation, the game isn't loading the homeworld properly. Some effects are, inactive Sims not going to work, carpool system broken, not getting mail and other various problems.Use DebugEnabler to fix this. Whenever you arrive home from a vacation:
From CityHall or a computer>Nraas>DebugEnabler>Options: City Hall>Sim>Fix Homeworld
This usually corrects any errors during the loading of your homeworld.

And yes, I would recommend putting Error Trap and Overwatch back in.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 14th Jun 2017 at 6:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by barbarat
On occasion when loading up the homeworld after a vacation, the game isn't loading the homeworld properly. Some effects are, inactive Sims not going to work, carpool system broken, not getting mail and other various problems.Use DebugEnabler to fix this. Whenever you arrive home from a vacation:
From CityHall or a computer>Nraas>DebugEnabler>Options: City Hall>Sim>Fix Homeworld
This usually corrects any errors during the loading of your homeworld.

And yes, I would recommend putting Error Trap and Overwatch back in.

Alright, I will go ahead and do so! Thank you! (: