Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jun 2017 at 7:25 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3
Default Game music changes volume on its own, muting/adjusting slider in options does not work
I re-installed Sims 3 on my new PC last night and I'm having an issue which I've never encountered before. I have all of the sound sliders turned to about halfway, and all of the sounds stay consistent in their volumes except for game music (CAS, Edit Town, etc). A couple of songs will play with consistent volume, but once the third or fourth song starts to play the volume is much louder yet no changes are reflected in its volume slider. Muting and changing the sliders at this point does nothing. The only thing that fixes it is when I preview a random song from the Music menu and then return to CAS or Edit Town or whatever it may be. Even then, the fix will stay for one song only, as the next song is back up to the high volume.

I have no CC installed, and I am running version 1.67.

Anybody know what might be causing this and how I could fix it? I hope I explained my problem clearly enough, it's a little hard to explain!

~♥Princess ACB♥~
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 15th Jun 2017 at 12:50 PM
It's been awhile since I heard those awful jingles, except when doing a clean run to check something on vanilla, so I am unsure what this phenomena could be.

Though if you're interested to shutting off the sounds from those interfaces (load, CAS, Buy&Build and few other stuff), here's a mod that might help you with it: http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php...d-june-29-2013/ (requires a free registered-account to view content and download).