Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st May 2017 at 5:30 PM Last edited by Greenplumbbob : 1st May 2017 at 5:48 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Way too many Sims in the Law Enforcement carreer
Hey guys!

So, I've got a little problem, and I hope someone can help out.
For some reason, in all of my recent saves, I've noticed that there is a lot of Sims in the Law Enforcement carreer. In my current save, there are 3 of my own Sims in the carreer, and then 26 other/random/homeless Sims. In another save there were over 50 Sims in that carreer, and less than 10 in all the others. I'm not sure what is causing this, but it's very annoying. It happens even if I have immigration turned off.
Have any of you experienced something similar, or know of a way to stop it?

Thanks in advance!
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 1st May 2017 at 5:47 PM
Site Helper
#3 Old 1st May 2017 at 5:56 PM
I have NRAAS Story Progression, and I have noticed that as soon as my sim gets a job there is a flurry of other sims joining that career field to make sure I have enough co-workers. I assume EA has a similar policy with the EA story progression.

I generally just wait a while until the game has assigned careers to most of the sims before getting a job for my own sims. Or, if they are employed in an ownable rabbithole, I have a sim buy the rabbithole and fire some of them. You can also use Master Controller to put some of them into a different career, and this doesn't require you to buy the rabbithole.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st May 2017 at 9:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
I have NRAAS Story Progression, and I have noticed that as soon as my sim gets a job there is a flurry of other sims joining that career field to make sure I have enough co-workers. I assume EA has a similar policy with the EA story progression.

I generally just wait a while until the game has assigned careers to most of the sims before getting a job for my own sims. Or, if they are employed in an ownable rabbithole, I have a sim buy the rabbithole and fire some of them. You can also use Master Controller to put some of them into a different career, and this doesn't require you to buy the rabbithole.

I have NRaas SP as well. I have tried removing the other Sims that are put in the Law carreer, but then new ones are generated. None of the other carreers get that many extra Sims.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 1st May 2017 at 10:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Riesen
I have NRaas SP as well. I have tried removing the other Sims that are put in the Law carreer, but then new ones are generated. None of the other carreers get that many extra Sims.

Originally I was going to say that the careers sims will select for themselves are often tied to their LTWs and you may be repeatedly rolling up sims with the same or similar ones. But this is evidence of something a bit different, it sounds like SP is working too hard to provide coworkers for all of these inactives when there were already plenty there. And then coworkers for the coworkers. I've seen this happen in various other careers, especially those that require positive coworker relationships for sims to advance through the ranks. Changing this setting seems to help.
NRaas > SP > General Options > Options:Careers > Manage Coworkers > False (is True by default).
(SP Career add-on module required)

With that one on False, the mod will still do its best to provide your active sims with enough coworkers but should not be as concerned with those of the inactives.

I still tend to get some homeless coworkers spawned across the various careers, but not nearly as many and not quite so lopsided favoring one or two of the same careers all of the time. Periodically I still go in and use MC to Totally Annihilate (TA) some of them if I have no idea who they are or why they are in my game if things get to the point where the rabbit holes keep getting over-crowded during working hours.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 1st May 2017 at 10:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Originally I was going to say that the careers sims will select for themselves are often tied to their LTWs and you may be repeatedly rolling up sims with the same or similar ones. But this is evidence of something a bit different, it sounds like SP is working too hard to provide coworkers for all of these inactives when there were already plenty there. And then coworkers for the coworkers. I've seen this happen in various other careers, especially those that require positive coworker relationships for sims to advance through the ranks. Changing this setting seems to help.
NRaas > SP > General Options > Options:Careers > Manage Coworkers > False (is True by default).
(SP Career add-on module required)

With that one on False, the mod will still do its best to provide your active sims with enough coworkers but should not be as concerned with those of the inactives.

I still tend to get some homeless coworkers spawned across the various careers, but not nearly as many and not quite so lopsided favoring one or two of the same careers all of the time. Periodically I still go in and use MC to Totally Annihilate (TA) some of them if I have no idea who they are or why they are in my game if things get to the point where the rabbit holes keep getting over-crowded during working hours.

Thanks, I'm gonna try that!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 3rd May 2017 at 12:30 PM
So I tried doing as you suggested, Igazor, and I TA'ed all those extra Sims in the Law Enforcement carreer, but one sim day later, and again there's 25 sims in that carreer (4 of them is my own sims)
Site Helper
#8 Old 3rd May 2017 at 1:48 PM
So that would be 5 coworkers for each of your sims, plus an extra.

Having 5 coworkers sounds about right, although it would have been handy if they would overlap a bit.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#9 Old 3rd May 2017 at 7:02 PM
Hmm. MasterController can be used to designate coworkers by sim on demand so I bet it would help to arrange the overlap manually instead of relying on the game to do it.
NRaas > MC > (Sim) > Intermediate > Career > Add Coworker (then specify the desired sim to be a coworker of the one started with)
NRaas > MC > (Sim) > Intermediate > Career > Remove Coworker (then specify the coworker to remove from that sim)
(MC Cheats add-on module required)

I also wonder if maybe SP needed to complete the cycle it was currently in, which could take a sim day or two, before the changed coworker setting becomes effective. This happens with a lot of those settings.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 3rd May 2017 at 11:34 PM
I will give it a try, thanks again igazor, it is much appreciated