Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jun 2017 at 12:17 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default My Sim is Still Gaining Weight while Needs are Statistic
I want to start off by saying that this isn't a huge issue, it's not like this glitch (?) makes the game unbearable, it's not game-breaking or anything. I don't want to seem over-dramatic, I am just wondering as to why my sim keeps gaining weight although my household's needs are on statistic.

Since they're on statistic, my sims do not need to eat, sleep, shower, use the restroom, etc. I asked a sim to move in so they could travel to France with my two other sims. So to clarify, I didn't start off with this sim in my household, I added him without using cheats. I did edit him in CAS twice (once before and after I added him to my household), and that included editing his weight.

I have my sims constantly building up their skills, and I noticed that while playing the piano non-stop, my recently added sim somehow gained a ton of weight. This is the third time this sudden weight gain has occurred.

I've added and edited Sims in this way throughout many different games in Sims 3, but I've never had this happen before. Could anyone enlighten me as to why this is happening? I'd really appreciate it, thank you! (:
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 13th Jun 2017 at 2:28 AM
I thought weight also had a baseline kind of like a hidden trait, because I remember seeing a setting for Weight in MasterController, but now I'm second guessing that assumption. Have you tried a total reset on the sim? I'm not certain it would help since you didn't add him with cheats but it can't hurt either, lol.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 13th Jun 2017 at 4:27 AM
I know sims can gain weight from eating anything while their needs are static. Did he take some snack breaks while tickling the ivories?

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Instructor
#5 Old 13th Jun 2017 at 5:47 AM
Just to expand a bit on what Orose and Nitromon said.
There is some kind of "genetic" weight that each sims has which is why some sims will gain weight faster than others or are gradually getting back to that weight if they don't do anything special about it.
Maybe getting the sim in CAS wasn't enough?

However, you can change this genetic weight with MasterController and Cheats module.
Click on the sim > Nraas > MasterController > Intermediate > Weight > choose a value between -1 and 1 (0 is the average). Click OK/Accept and you will have a dialog box asking you if you also want to change the current weight of the sim (click OK/Accept) or if you only want to change the genetic weight they will revert back to overtime (click Cancel).
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 13th Jun 2017 at 5:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
I honestly don't know since you edited him in CAS. I do know if they are fat and you trim them using the treadmill, they can gain that weight back faster than other sims who are thin if they eat a lot. I have sims who are originally thin and they can eat and eat and eat and not get fat. Whole weight thing is like buggy as hell.

I thought using the treadmill would fix i, he's mastered athletics all in one go and he sill gained weight.

Quote: Originally posted by attuned
I know sims can gain weight from eating anything while their needs are static. Did he take some snack breaks while tickling the ivories?

No, even though they can, I don't make my sims don't eat since playing on Needs Statistic

Quote: Originally posted by Blyss
Just to expand a bit on what Orose and Nitromon said.
There is some kind of "genetic" weight that each sims has which is why some sims will gain weight faster than others or are gradually getting back to that weight if they don't do anything special about it.
Maybe getting the sim in CAS wasn't enough?

However, you can change this genetic weight with MasterController and Cheats module.
Click on the sim > Nraas > MasterController > Intermediate > Weight > choose a value between -1 and 1 (0 is the average). Click OK/Accept and you will have a dialog box asking you if you also want to change the current weight of the sim (click OK/Accept) or if you only want to change the genetic weight they will revert back to overtime (click Cancel).

I had a feeling it had something to do with genetics, I just wasn't 100% sure. I will go ahead and try the MasterController that you suggested.

Thank you all for your replies!