Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Feb 2015 at 10:40 PM
Default How to create new interactions? Some tutorial?
I was looking at the session of tutorials and have not found one that teaches create new interactions.
An example of this is a new interaction topic: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=295358
How can I do something similar? For example, a werewolf who has an interaction "attack", but the effect it has is death rather than turn it into a werewolf. Or an alien with some interaction in the existing game, but the effect it has to be different from normal.
Advertisement
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#2 Old 10th Feb 2015 at 12:53 AM
I don't think there is an up-to-date tutorial on creating social interactions per se.

I'm not sure what your BHAV experience is. I typically recommend starting out with Echo's Making Your First Custom BHAV tutorial as a beginner's starting point. (But even this tutorial requires some experience with SimPE.) This will show you how to add interactions/options to objects. Adding interactions/options to Sims is a bit more complicated and varies depending upon whether the added interaction is to appear on the Active Sim or a Target Sim (i.e. "self-interactions" versus "Sim-to-Sim interactions").

I have helped others before in this thread, so you might can glean some insight there. Check out this thread, specifically Echo's post. You are welcome to dissect our Norrisology plugin.package and socialobject.package, just remove the references to the token.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Feb 2015 at 3:47 AM
Thanks, I'll take a look at this tutorial. I'll see it and anything I've been commenting here, okay?