Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
#51 Old 29th Aug 2016 at 11:40 PM
Chris, thank you for creating such fantastic game enhancing mods and for your generous policy on sharing.

Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Did the toddler age a day?

@joandsarah77

Yes, they will age up at 6pm. So, I would not send them off on a day they will transition from a toddler to child...just in case.

Quote: Originally posted by terula8
I really like the toddler mod myself (was very vocal in requesting it!) so I hate to post with finicky things but I can't resist as this thread is still here...

I really *really* don't want my toddlers to gain skills this way.

If things don't work out with editing the mod in SimPe, you could just enabled boolproptestingcheats and remove the skills manually. As I play with longer lifespan and slower skilling mods, just before they age up to a child, I plan on removing all skills a toddler has earned from going to the playgroup (my sims have to work hard for skill points). It's a quick and easy solution; this mod is definitely worth having.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#52 Old 30th Aug 2016 at 12:47 AM
You could also try limiting skills on the simblender. Not sure if this mod would over ride it, but worth a try.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Inventor
#53 Old 30th Aug 2016 at 3:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
I've placed them on box.net for you (CJH_MiscMods.zip 232kb)
https://app.box.com/s/gfep8apzf6egiv38itypwh59f8qtpcd9
There is also the Send Children To Weekend Camp (BV required) and the Senior's Activity Centre in the zip.

My policy on everything is you may do whatever like provided it's kept free, since linking to me requires a link to an adult site I don't require credit.

That was very kind of you! The daycare mod sounded interesting to me. I vaguely recalled registering at BAS to look at another mod (one of yours, I think). That was a while ago, though, so I was fairly certain I'd find myself banned for inactivity
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#54 Old 30th Aug 2016 at 5:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DezzyBoo
I'm more confused about this Vicky NPC how do you use her and what exactly does she do?

She looked very interesting to me because it appears as if NPCs for things like Rebekah's animals and Echo's rollercoaster can be attached to her instead of having their own NPCs, so she would be the only NPC you would need to keep in your game and you wouldn't have to worry about deleting other things that had NPCs in them.
Scholar
#55 Old 30th Aug 2016 at 6:05 AM
I'm interested to know what this NPC does too, before adding to my game. I'm being extra careful with NPC downloads since restarting. I hate seeing, "Summon Chicken Controller" and such on teleporter objects. I'd like to keep it to a minimum.

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#56 Old 30th Aug 2016 at 11:07 AM
Description for those who can't see the page.

Versatile Item Controller NPC
There is many really worthwhile mods available that use a controller NPC to operate. However just to try one out will add another sim into your neighbourhood making removing it difficult, you can't just delete the sim without putting your neighbourhoods at risk. Each of these mods require their own NPC because only that NPC contains the specific op-codes to control the item.
The concept here is to move the op-codes to the item being controlled and have one NPC that 'knows' to run the op-codes from there, then we can try out the mod without adding another sim and, if we don't like/need it enough to keep we can simply delete it.

I have only tested Vicky with Mansion & Gardens so I have no idea if she'll be OK in lower EP/SPs but my guess is that she would (definitely not Base game or just EP1 though). Any item that Vicky controls must be re-written to suit, I'm quite happy to do that but it may stomp on the original creator's TOU so wherever plausible I'll only alter what must be altered and extra files will be required from the creator's original post.

The first item here for Vicky to control is a bumper car (found in hobbies->recreation), the mesh was made from the Vroom! single bed and uses textures from that bed so Seasons EP is required. Although the concept is nicked from Echo's Carnival Set the mesh and op-codes have been completely re-done and no extra files are required. Instead of a custom routing marker to mark the 'home tile' to return to they simply use the 'watch clouds' routing marker. When sim rides in one the head lights come on and provided BV is installed they have spark effects at the top of the conductor rod.

If used at an owned business customers will pay $20 per ride, the ride lasts for one sim hour and since no staff are needed they are reasonably profitable at a small, fledgling business, however the income from them is not enough to cover having staff and since they'll pull customers away from the main business they're not so good at an established business.

Note: Vicky and these bumper cars will be included in any future A&N and T&A updates

Other items prepared for Vicky so far
Roller coasters by Echo. (echo-rollercoasters.zip) these require extra files from Echo's Carnival Set, particularly the echo-touchdown-changedir.package.

Surfing Mod by maybesomethingdunno (SurfMod-Files.zip) this requires extra files from "Surf's Up!" - surfing interaction and set, particularly the surfboards.

Rebecah's Farm Chickens (BecksFarmChickens.zip) this requires extra files from Rebecah's Farm Chickens at Affinity Sims.

Technical notes:
Vicky will idle for a short time checking for an item to be placed into one of her slots above slot 2 (sims use slot 2 for a 'head slot holder' so it always contains something). Once she detects something she'll run the opcode named 'CT - Run NPC Behavior' by name, if she returns from that opcode either true or false or nothing is detected in one of her slots within a short time she'll self delete. Her Attribute 0x002D is used by the bumper car and Echo's roller coasters to hold the return point, before self deleting she'll verify that item, confirm it's not a sim then delete it.

Each of the above items had their own challenges to overcome, Echo's NPC's are 'sunk' into the ground to about waist height to keep the item at ground level. To overcome that those items have two meshes, the default one is at ground height which changes to the other when placed up on Vicky so it remains at ground height. Rebecah's animal controllers are amazing and amazingly complex and her animal meshes also contain a lot of opcodes. To simplify getting the opcodes out of the original controller NPC they're copied into a new script holder item which is placed into Vicky's slot 3, while the actual animal mesh is placed in slot 14. Vicky finds the item in the lower slot number first and runs 'CT - Run NPC Behavior' from there. The surfing mod was simple, there's a surf cart item that is placed onto Vicky which holds the surf boards. The surf cart had almost no opcodes of it's own so adding them into it was very simple and no height adjustment was needed.
Forum Resident
#57 Old 30th Aug 2016 at 12:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
terula - if it runs like a job chance card, then you should be able to look at some career tutorials and get a feel for how those work, then open up the "career" part of Chris's mod and either edit the chance card percentage to zero to disable it, or just make it so the outcome doesn't involve skills, only meeting other toddlers.

Thank you Simsfreq! I've opened it up in SimPE and found a section labelled 'skills' so I was just going to delete that bit... but that most likely would break it!

I was also going to see if I could just choose the part where it adds a single skillpoint and set that to 0 so that it won't add it, but I like the idea of checking on the career tutorials! Thank you so much!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#58 Old 30th Aug 2016 at 2:13 PM
Very interesting, thanks Charity.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#59 Old 30th Aug 2016 at 4:00 PM
I just ran the toddler day care mod, and it works exactly as advertised-and it is a lifesaver for those who have a lot of toddlers in their homes-such as Coral and Herb Oldie, who had quads and needed some much required downtime from taking care of them..the toddlers left for their playgroup at 9 am, and returned home at 6, gaining friends but no skills that I could see.
Because this is so very useful, I'm going to download the other mods Chris linked to, and try those out as well.

Thanks so much for these mods, Chris. I always have been in awe of your modding skills.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Theorist
#60 Old 30th Aug 2016 at 4:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
Because this is so very useful, I'm going to download the other mods Chris linked to, and try those out as well.

I've been using his Weekend Camping mod since it came out and absolutely love it. It's so nice being able to send the children/teens off for the weekend. My sim parents love getting a break and so do I.

Also, highly recommend the one for elders too, for a nice change of pace.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Scholar
#61 Old 30th Aug 2016 at 5:14 PM
Just wanna say...I love you Chris Hatch :lovestruc

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Page 3 of 3