Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jul 2016 at 7:02 AM
Default Disabling Pet Interaction on an object?
I have an object I downloaded, that I'd like to mod so that pets can't interact with it, namely that they can't destroy it into a pile of rubble. It's a deco tent, but it's covering an invisble room, so I kinda would like it to stay around. I thought that I'd be able to do like I did here but there's no TTAB on this object. Anyone have a clue what to do? It looks likes it's been cloned from the flamingo if that helps at all.

I'll stop being anti-social when the rest of the world quits being idiots!

My Own Website! www.violetpadfootscreations.weebly.com
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
Inventor
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Jul 2016 at 5:53 PM Last edited by VioletPadfoot : 28th Jul 2016 at 7:15 PM.
Sounds like that might work, and I'd try it if my SimPE would cooperate with me. It refuses to read the files from the UC properly and I'm missing lots of objects in the Object Workshop. Let me boot up my old computer and extract it that way... I'll be back.

ETA: I'm back. And highly annoyed. The TTAB of the flamingo doesn't have pets checked anywhere in the interactions. Even when I checked the File Table and made sure Pets was included (then rebooted SimPE just to be sure) So I'm still stuck. I mean there have to be interactions for the pets somewhere I just don't know where.

Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#4 Old 29th Jul 2016 at 1:30 AM
Inventor
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Jul 2016 at 6:03 AM
Okay, it probably wasn't the flamingo, though I swear I saw flamingo in there somewhere as I was poking at the different resources. The subsets in the objects are "Fabric" and "Frame" I looked in the OBJD to see what the fallback guid was, in hopes that might lead me to the original object, and after a search ended up with a Guid of 0x6c6cc56f which lead to "Sculpture - Chi". A clone of that sculpture (The My-Chi Sculpture Form) leads me to believe it's the original object cloned, since it has the same amount of footprint squares, even if not the same amount of subsets, but since those are easily added that's not an issue. Problem is there is definitely no TTAB in there either. What should I try now?

Instructor
#6 Old 30th Jul 2016 at 5:35 PM
You don't need the OBJ but the GLOB.
In the GLOB file, you'll find the name of the group of objects from which it has been cloned ("PaintingGlobal", for instance). Then you go to the semi global tool and you add the TTAB that will be in the list.

It's just a guess, but with the "fabric" subset, it might be from a chair or so...

I believe in the "Thanks" button and its amazing powers !!!