Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jan 2013 at 12:38 PM
Default Changing Shaders of CAS Parts in TSRW - not working anymore?
I wanted to create another transparent clothing mesh; I have successfully created one in the past with an older Workshop version. I am using version 2.0.60 now. I wanted to adjust the shaders but the shader is greyed out! I don't even see what shader is used and I cannot change it. I cloned several different clothes now and the issue occurs on all of them. Was something changed in TSR Workshop so that changing the shader is no longer possible or is this a bug?

Can I change the shaders another way? With S3PE maybe? I don't know what setting I would need to change there.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Sockpuppet
#2 Old 22nd Jan 2013 at 1:22 PM
- open project contents.
- right click the GEOM.
- open in s3PE.
- select the GEOM and click the GRID button at the bottom.
- open the Chunkentries and open the RCOLblock till you see the shader listed.
- Change the shader number into 0xDC077A45 (3691477573)
- commit and save the file.

In tsrw you can only change the shader on objects(exept on some testversions wich are not up for download)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Jan 2013 at 2:02 PM
Thanks! Seems to be pretty easy with s3pe.
Sockpuppet
#4 Old 22nd Jan 2013 at 2:05 PM
The shader is the one from CAsSimHairSimple if im correct.
It is not listed in S3PE but you can pick other shaders from the drop down menu.

You can also export the GEOM(as file) and open it with Delphy's simGEOMeditor:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=447671
Test Subject
#5 Old 24th Sep 2015 at 2:03 AM
my not work for me simGEOMeditor, try to change the shader and click SE. and does nothing, it gives nothing shader